• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Snow White and the Huntsman

phorsenuf

Not so New Rule author
Who else has seen it? I saw it today and really liked it. It was much better then I expected.

I saw it with my niece last week.

It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either. It lacked a lot of dialogue and explanation contributing more time to the visual eye candy. Everyone's blaming Kristen Stewart but I don't think she was the problem. The Director just left too much on the cutting room floor. Or else the script editor forgot a bunch of story. so much was left unsaid:

SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT!

How did Snow White she alone could kill the Wicked Queen?
How was it she alone could kill her?
How did the dwarfs know she wasn't dead but under a spell?
Why was it the Huntsman's kiss that broke the spell and not William's?

That last bit leaves you scratching your head. Especially how they end the movie with their last longing look at each other. Are you supposed to think the Huntsman is Snow White's true love or the Duke? Where's the happy fairy tale ending for the romance, or is this story all about a lost princess reclaiming her throne?

DH and I wanted to love it (being huge fans of all 3 main actors --Kristen Stewart, Chris Hemsworth, and Charlize Theron), but we hated it. While it looked pretty, it was so so boring(I actually dozed off a few times in the theater!). The dialogue when they weren't just wandering through the woods staring at each other was SO bad and made no sense. Personally, we feel like they took too much time making it look pretty and not enough time on the actual dialogue and story (and they even had 3 writers! It took 3 people to come up with that ridiculous dialogue..) A pretty movie does not an interesting film make, no matter how many hot people you cast. ;)

DH and I wanted to love it (being huge fans of all 3 main actors --Kristen Stewart, Chris Hemsworth, and Charlize Theron), but we hated it. While it looked pretty, it was so so boring(I actually dozed off a few times in the theater!). The dialogue when they weren't just wandering through the woods staring at each other was SO bad and made no sense. Personally, we feel like they took too much time making it look pretty and not enough time on the actual dialogue and story (and they even had 3 writers! It took 3 people to come up with that ridiculous dialogue..) A pretty movie does not an interesting film make, no matter how many hot people you cast. ;)

I agree completely with this. We ended up walking out of the theatre 2/3rds of the way thru it. Even the hottie Chris Hemsworth didnt save this movie for me. Dreadful...just dreadful. The only and I mean the ONLY saving grace and credit we gave the film was Charlize Theron. She was a wonderful wicked queen.

Me, my mom, my aunts, and gousins all had a girls night and went out to see it. All of us liked it ((even me and its not even my type of movie)) except 1 of my aunts lol she said the ending was dumb. BUT. . .can someone please tell me who she picked in the end? was it the huntsman and william? Lol my mom said it was "the smile" she gave the huntsman to let us all know she chose him. . .???

I saw it with my niece last week.

It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either. It lacked a lot of dialogue and explanation contributing more time to the visual eye candy. Everyone's blaming Kristen Stewart but I don't think she was the problem. The Director just left too much on the cutting room floor. Or else the script editor forgot a bunch of story. so much was left unsaid:

SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT!

How did Snow White she alone could kill the Wicked Queen?
How was it she alone could kill her?
How did the dwarfs know she wasn't dead but under a spell?
Why was it the Huntsman's kiss that broke the spell and not William's?

That last bit leaves you scratching your head. Especially how they end the movie with their last longing look at each other. Are you supposed to think the Huntsman is Snow White's true love or the Duke? Where's the happy fairy tale ending for the romance, or is this story all about a lost princess reclaiming her throne?

My take was that she was in love with the Huntsman.

I didn't like the ending. It just sort of stopped. Could have been much better.

In general, I liked it. The scenery was beautiful. The special effects were great. Some of the acting was better than other, but it didn't distract me enough to not like it. Yes, there were some holes in the story, but people know the story so well that it didn't cause a major issue.

I wasn't a fan of William. But I really liked it! I was surprised when Kristen Stewart surpassed my expectations too even though the whole time I though how much Emily Browning would have been perfect for the role. Oh well. I don't regret seeing it at all.

IMDB lists a possible sequel. That could explain the abrupt ending. :confused3

IMHO neither man qualified to break the spell b/c neither one is a Prince.

IMDB lists a possible sequel. That could explain the abrupt ending. :confused3

IMHO neither man qualified to break the spell b/c neither one is a Prince.

That we know of. :rolleyes1

Nah, I don't really know, but I assumed she chose the Huntsman. He was the one that broke the spell after all.

I'll be honest, I didn't even know that was Kristen Stewart. Never saw any of the Eclipse movies and never paid any attention to the trailers. I kept thinking it was Phil Collins daughter, but, oops, wrong Snow White movie. :rotfl: I was surprised when my friend told me it was Kristen because everything I've ever read here about her was how much she stunk as an actress. I thought she was pretty good. Quiet, but good.

I saw Snow White and the Huntsman on Saturday. It was good, but not great. The acting was unconvincing in some parts. The movie reminded me of Chronicles of Narnia. Charlize Theron was a good Evil Queen, but nowhere near as good as Tilda Swinton in Chronicles.

Wanted to like it but it was a snoozer. Kristen Stewart is a one note actress HORRIBLEY mscast in this. Charlize was awesome but this movie was a drawn out snooze fest. There were several moments where you thought you were going to see a moment pay off later (the troll, the stag, the Huntsman) and NEVER a payoff and the ending...well...what a shame. The editing was a mess and the movie couldve been a half an hour shorter. It was an ambitious, expensive waste of talent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter