Snow Unexpectedly Turns 3 Nights Into How Many?? NEW TR UP!!

:hyper: I want to hear about the snow! :hyper:

You are too funny!!:rotfl: Coming up!

POR pool looks like fun.

Love your pictures from Illuminations. It has been several years since we have seen it. Might work it in this trip.

I still have not seen Baby Lilly. Will have to put that on my to do list.

Anxious to hear all about the snow.

Any pool at Disney is fun.:goodvibes They have activities in the afternoon like most resorts do now. All the kids there seem to enjoy it. I just love taking in the sun & relaxing. Cannot wait to do that at BC!!

Oh I will see Illuminations every trip!! I just love it.

Baby Lily is so cute but she seemed to be hiding most of the time we were there. We were lucky to catch her running to her destination.

Snow coming up.

Once we got back to POR I was texting my son Ryan to see what the latest weather report was. It was 5-8 inches of snow. OUr flight wasn't until 5:00 pm so we should be flying right into it!!:scared1:Let me tell you I am not the bravest flyer here. I have gotten used to it where we now fly every year but it does not mean I love it. And I particularly do NOT vacation in the middle of winter for THAT reason. I DO NOT want to fly in a storm. So I kept checking Southwest on my phone & book marked the page for checking your flight. So far we were good to go. Well I could not sleep so I was posting on my PTR & was awake till around 3:00 am. I had visions in my head of being on the plane & things flying around, people yelling & lots of turbulence & wondering HOW we were going to land in a storm. My mind can be very creative when it come to bad things. ;) So I finally got to sleep & woke up about 4 hours later. Checked flight again & yup we were still flying out. Where our flight was not until 5:00 pm we had the morning & early afternoon for parks!!:woohoo: We checked our luggage & headed to ...

MK

IMG_0963-Copy.jpg

Had some breakfast. Love me a chocolate croissant!!

IMG_0962.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

Beautiful Castle :love:

IMG_0957.jpg

We headed for another laugh at Mikes

IMG_0952.jpg

Then to infinity & beyond

IMG_0945-Copy.jpg

I was trying to beat DH but did not this time

IMG_0949-Copy.jpg

My poor score

IMG_0948.jpg

And his

IMG_0947.jpg

Continued in Next Post

We did not do this but I got a pic

IMG_0950.jpg

Here I am with a friend

IMG_0940-Copy.jpg

Some random MK pics

IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0971-Copy.jpg

Just gotta love MK in October!!:cloud9: Then we took the monorail to Epcot

IMG_0974.jpg

Pics along the way

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

IMG_0995.jpg

And we have arrived

IMG_0996.jpg

We headed for food. We started with Beef Skewers & Empanadas

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_1000.jpg

Continued in next post.....I am trying to get to the snow & did not realize how much we did on our (last) day...

Had to try the hats on

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1009.jpg

We were just taking it all in thinking that we would be on a plane home later in the day

IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_1011-Copy.jpg

DH leading the way :)

IMG_1014.jpg

Didn't buy anything in here this time. :rolleyes1

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1018-Copy.jpg

I am guessing this was mine :)
IMG_1025.jpg

Pork cabbage for Jeff

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

DH favorite-the cheese pretzel

IMG_1045.jpg

Pick a pearl

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

Wide variety of weird food

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

Can you tell I was enjoying my new camera???:laughing:

Great pictures of the POR pool -- I plan on spending some time there this summer. :thumbsup2

I used to love the Gin Blossoms! How great that you got to see them perform!

Fun morning/early afternoon at Epcot and MK!

Great pictures of the POR pool -- I plan on spending some time there this summer. :thumbsup2

Jackie I forgot-have you stayed at POR before? I did not think I would like it but I LOVED it. They have more variety at the food court than POFQ & their pool is great & I just loved everything about it.

I was listening to the Gin Blossoms CD at work today.:goodvibes I can picture sitting there in Epcot listening to them.

Doreen, I meant to comment that you had a great "last" day! :laughing:

I think your pictures are super! What a great photographer you are!!!
Is it just me or does baby Lily look like she has a bit of toilet paper stuck to her bottom?:confused3

I just realized I never commented on your post & I wanted to. I know what you mean about baby Lily. Not sure what that is!!:confused3

:laughing:Yes we had a great "last" day.:goodvibes

October is Jill's very favorite time to go. If she could only have one trip a year, I'm pretty sure she would pick October. If I could only have one, I would have to go with spring break. I love coming back to life from the wintertime when I see all the color in the spring.

It was nice to walk around Epcot this morning. Puppets, umbrellas, hats, pretty tilework, and plenty of good food....so much to enjoy in Epcot!

I am sure you will have a great time at that pool!!

Wow - you did a lot that day!!

We did do a lot! We were trying to get the most out of the minutes we had left.:)

We stayed at POR in 2004 for a Christmas trip -- we liked it there, so I am excited to go back! :goodvibes

I think we would be staying there this year if it was not Cody's Grad. trip. He wanted to stay at a resort that had a gym. Not sure when he is going to have time but I am sure he will make the time.

October is Jill's very favorite time to go. If she could only have one trip a year, I'm pretty sure she would pick October. If I could only have one, I would have to go with spring break. I love coming back to life from the wintertime when I see all the color in the spring.

It was nice to walk around Epcot this morning. Puppets, umbrellas, hats, pretty tilework, and plenty of good food....so much to enjoy in Epcot!

I loved going in Oct. but I also love going in April-May. The weather is just perfect. In April you get F&G & in Oct. you get F&W. I am not sure if I had to pick what month I would choose. I think DH likes F&W better (but not for wine but for beer);) Hopefully we might be able to swing 2 trips a year & we will not have to choose. That would be great!!:thumbsup2

Wow, you did a lot that morning before you were to leave, or not!

I love MK in the fall. We have only been once but would love to go back.

I loved going in Oct. but I also love going in April-May. The weather is just perfect. In April you get F&G & in Oct. you get F&W. I am not sure if I had to pick what month I would choose. I think DH likes F&W better (but not for wine but for beer);) Hopefully we might be able to swing 2 trips a year & we will not have to choose. That would be great!!:thumbsup2

I think a trip a season would be nice. ;)
Too bad I don't have the bank account to support that idea. :upsidedow

Wow, you did a lot that morning before you were to leave, or not!

I love MK in the fall. We have only been once but would love to go back.

Yeah Spring & Fall are my favorite times to go. When it is warm enough to wear t shirts & shorts. Our time to do that is very short here in NH!!

All caught up !!I have to agree October is wonderful at Disney!!!

Hey Rosie. I was wondering if you were away lately. Have not heard from you. I hope you had a great birthday!:goodvibes

I think a trip a season would be nice. ;)
Too bad I don't have the bank account to support that idea. :upsidedow

:laughing: I know MeMom. I do not have the bank account either. The 3 trips we are taking within the year will probably be a once in a lifetime thing. I do not think we will be renewing our annual passes once they run out in May.:sad2: With Cody starting college that money needs to go elsewhere. I am hoping Jeff & I will be able to go in Oct. 2013. We shall see. Now that Jeff has a taste of F&W he wants to go every year.:laughing:

Happy Sunday everyone. Wow what a beautiful day here in NH. My thermometer by my kitchen window says 72 degrees & that is in the shade. This is unheard of in NH in March!! Busy weekend this weekend. Friday night we had a city function where I received my 20 year pin & a few co workers received their 10 year pin. Yesterday Cody had an indoor soccer game at 1:00. So I left off here that is was Saturday (the day we were going home).

I wanted to post some pics of POR. I took many:rolleyes1

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

This is the hallway leading to the food court & Boatwrights.

IMG_1128.jpg

The lounge

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1131.jpg

Boatwrights

IMG_1132.jpg

The food court

IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1140.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Hi Doreen !!!No I have not been away I just hadn't Dissed much the last few months, but I missed it and am back again!!!

More pics of POR

IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1143-Copy.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

So I have more pics of POR that I will post as we will have more time there.

So after our last taste of F&W we headed back to POR. Our Unmagical Express was coming at 2:00pm as our flight was for 5:00. Now throughout the whole morning I kept checking the Southwest website to make sure our flight was taking off & we were so off to the airport we headed.

703111505.jpg

703111508.jpg

This is where we had dinner. We had never tried it before. It was good!!

703111507.jpg

So we headed through security & I did not even think about the bath salts I put in to my carry on. They checked all 6 containers to make sure I was not a terrorist.;). After that we charged our phones & camera battery. As of right now we were still a go. As I was standing with my back to the seating area where we were boarding, a woman came up to me, said she was security & they were doing random checks of luggage..REALLY?? Do I look like a terroist?? So she checked my bag & again no problems.:)

So WE BOARDED THE PLANE!! I kept thinking OH MY GOD we are going to fly into a storm. How bad is it going to be??? Will we be bouncing around with turbulence??

We got on the plane & there did not seem to be too many on it. We got 4th row & Jeff was sitting by the window. We could see our luggage on the ground & it was not moving. I kept thinking wow this plane is not crowded at all. Jeff put our luggage in the overhead & we put on our seat belts. Then the pilot came out with a piece of paper & asked "What is the worse thing that can happen"??? I turned to Jeff & said "We are cancelled". The pilot then said that not only winds but the landing in Manchester had gone from fair to poor in a matter of 15 minutes!!!:scared1::scared1: So off the plane we went. I was relieved that we were NOT going to be flying in the snow but was shocked to see the HUGE line of passengers that had not gotten on the plane & were in line to re book their flights.

I had just text Cody to tell him we had boarded & then had to text him & said our flight was cancelled. His response was "Damn Snow".:) He was anxious to see us although he probably would not admit it.

So we stood in a 2 hour line with our phones to our ears making calls. My first thought was we needed a room. So I called POR back thinking that we should be able to get a flight back on Monday. Now this was Saturday & I know that Sunday is a big day for flights going back home so I figured Monday. I had spoken to a woman at POR at the pool bar who was from CT. & she already knew her flight was cancelled & she got another one for Monday. So I called POR & they said sure would you like a king bed, etc. & I was just relieved to I said sure.

Then the next call was to Southwest & was on the phone for 45 minutes ( all the while in line waiting to get to the counter) to get our flights home. Well the soonest they could get us home was on a 9:00 flight on.....................

TUESDAY!!!!!! I was shocked. I could not believe this was happening. I called to make sure we could get back on Magical Express & that was no problem. When we got back to POR which I think was about 8:00 we checked back in & I explained that I needed another night as we would not be leaving until Tuesday and that was no problem.

So our room was in a totally different section. We were in Alligator Bayou, Bldg # 34, room 3456. It was a little hike but nice & quiet!! So we were back!! Jeff kept pinching me & asking "Should I pinch you"?? "Is this really happening??".

So here we are in a different section of the resort but on the same trip.;) Most people change resorts during the same trip not sections of the same resort!!:laughing:

Anyway here are some pics of our "new" section.

IMG_1353-Copy.jpg

IMG_1354.jpg

IMG_1355.jpg

King Bed

IMG_1556.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1335.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

Ok I will post lots more pics of POR later. I am off to a Sentsy open house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter