Snorkeling on Castaway Cay

bogino

Mouseketeer
Is there anywhere where kids (5 & 8) can snorkel on Castaway Cay or is the island primarily a place to hang out on the beach? Thx.

Bogino,
There is a whole area for just snokeling on Castaway Cay. One tip, do your snorkeling first thing. Get off the ship early, find your spot on the beach and head right for the snorkeling. Later in the day the sand is all kicked up and it is harder to see. There were 5 of us snorkeling and we saw lots. Also buy an underwater camera. We really got great shots of everything we saw. The only thing we missed is Mickey, he is very far out and my oldest daughter got kind of spooked at the feel of snorkeling and the distance. So we turned around, but next year, 6/2003 my second daughter and I vow to find that Mickey! Have a great time!

Dawn:

Where do you go to find these underwater cameras for purcahse and how much are we talking? Are these some type of reusable professional model or some kind of disposable type? :confused:

You can find underwater disposable cameras at Wal-mart or K-mart. They put them out about this time of year. I think the one I used was a Fugi and it worked really well :) I think it was about $7 for 24 exposures, if I remember correctly....definitely worth the money.

Julie

If you don't mind disney prices you can also pick one up at castaway cay. Not my first choice but if you forget to pick one up at least it's an option. I think it's either $12 or $14 for 27 exposures.

Lisa

nlum,
My DH bought the disposable underwater cameras on Castaway Cay, but I'm sure he paid way too much for them. That is why it would be better to bring them with you. Just as was said, Wal-mart or Target should have them. If not I would try a camera store or even a CVS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter