snorkeling equipment problem--do they need their flippers?????

princesdi

Mouseketeer
I know nothing about snorkeling but we are taking an excursion on Nassau and I wanted to buy the kids their own sets for CC. I am having problems finding a set to fit my DS9----I returned the first set because the mask was to small, now the second set is an adult size and the flippers are too big----do they really need their flippers to snorkel???? :confused3

No flippers necessary. They can actually cause leg cramps if people are not used to them and you're not covering any great distance.

Flippers not necessary. When my DD first started snorkeling she had trouble with both the flippers and the mask. So she used neither and was much happier.

princesdi said:
I know nothing about snorkeling but we are taking an excursion on Nassau and I wanted to buy the kids their own sets for CC. I am having problems finding a set to fit my DS9----I returned the first set because the mask was to small, now the second set is an adult size and the flippers are too big----do they really need their flippers to snorkel???? :confused3

I've got my own mask and snorkel and rented flippers on CC. Snorkel for a while without them and if you find you need them, go back and rent them.

It's a big snorkeling area and if you'd like to see much of it, the fins will really help.

We bought gear for dh, ds5 and myself at Costco and were extremely happy with it. We shipped them all down (with snacks and pirate stuff) before hand because they take up room. We definitely needed the fins. Although you're not at the great barrier reef, it's quite a distance if you're five (or out of shape like me). We snorkel quite a bit, but ds was tired once we were out there and I had to do most of the swimming back for both of us. Fins really helped. I love the fact that they let you have the vests for free.

I can't remember what we did last time so maybe someone can help me out. We usually just take our masks and snorkels because the flippers take up too much room. Do you have to reserve the flippers at CC or can you just rent them once you get there? Thanks for the help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter