Snake in Resort Room?

LOL! You people crak me up. :rotfl: Growing up here I've never been afraid of snakes - I used to run around barefoot as a kid trying to catch black racers at my grandma's house. They're more scared of you anyway... ;)

You underestimate my cowardliness!!! :)

Why did i read this? And reading various snake sighting at CBR - doing a split stay at Pop and CBR. now am very nervous. Don't want to see any harmless black snakes, and am terrified of finding anything venomous. Not sure how I will sleep at night when there!

So, what happens if encounter a venoumous snake and are bitten? What do you do? Call 911, call the front desk? Will you get to the hospital in time to be okay? How much window of time is there to get treatment? Worried more so about having little kids and how they'd be affected by it and getting them treated in time.

Interesting thread... never thought about this being from Michigan

We were in the world last year during Huricane Fay.... and on one night when it was raining rather hard... the bus driver had told us to be careful and there may be water mocasions slithering around.

Didn't really think much of it.

Our last trip we saw a small 3 inch lizard outside of our hotel and I thought it was cool since I never see anything like that here :P

We saw a fairly large snake at Pop last August...scary! And my son idolizes any animal and he kept talking about how beautiful it was...gross! My future zoologist, he says. So then he reminded me how any animal is important to us...yeah, but I don't want it at Disney :scared1:

I am sure its long gone by now, but when we stayed at POFQ we always saw a snake in the river by the boat dock. When you board the boat to head to Downtown Disney, if you looked down on the dock there was a really large snake (yellowish color with spots looked more like a python) for many many many years. Talking with the boat driver he stated at the time the snake had been there for about 7 years and he had the opportunity to watch it grow. I would probably say the snake was a good 5 feet long, it was really large...

We had a snake slither out of the bushes at Blizzard Beach - right across our path. A snake in the bed, though -YIKES!!!:scared1: I think I'll be checking the room everytime we step into it from now on!

This is too funny.:rotfl2: Kinda like a car crash you don't want to watch but you have to... :eek: I think anything bigger than a earthworm (the Normal small fishing size) is a big snake!!! :scared1: I think I will request a 2nd or 3rd floor room when we go in Sept. We stayed at POR and thank gosh never saw one. Here to hoping my luck never changes.

I am so :lmao:

Guys... snakes are nothing more than lizards without legs. If you can find them in trees, of course you can get them in your room... just like a mosquito, toad, or even a little gator (not that that's likely) .. perhaps all 3 hunting each other? :thumbsup2

OP... I doubt very much if you'll get anyone with a pic of a snake in their Disney room unless it's Kaa or Sir Hiss... or unless their the type who'd be looking to Disney for full reimbursement of their vacation. I'd be out of there chasing down housekeeping to help me shoo the critter out the door.

Please who do I have to pray to to make sure I don't come across a snake in my room or anywhere near me!!!

I am also curious as to what happens if someone get bit by a snake?? How long do you have to get to the hospital?? My daughter has so many disabilites I will freak if something happens to her :scared:

Snakes I can handle. SPIDERS I can't!

I saw plenty of snakes growing up in Michigan. The highlight of one summer was seeing a real live Mississauga rattler on our front lawn. I've always liked snakes.

As I've said, spiders are my thing. I once opened up a bag of grapes and a large spider crawled out - after I finally killed the thing I noticed an hourglass on its belly. :scared1: I now soak all of our grapes in a large bowl of water for a half hour before I open the package!

The one we saw in the room was kind of hidden near the pillow!!!:scared1: When my wife saw it she absolutly FREAKED OUT!! I thought it was funny.:lmao: :rotfl2: THose snakes can get anywhere. One time at my mothers house we were having a problem opening the sliding door. Turn out to be a snake in the track ON TOP of the door. Still dont know how it got there:confused:

I've been to Disney about 15 times, and I've never seen a snake there. I live on a lake bordering the Everglades and I've never seen an alligator or a snake around here. I wouldn't be too worried... really. Just use common sense: keep your door closed and avoid the bushes, yadda yadda.

Of course, there are the alligator eating pythons that live down here in South Florida... seriously. :scared1: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9600151/

Maybe it's that black snake you had in your kids' playset in NY about 6 yrs ago and it crawled down to FLA and multiplied! You know, now that you said all this, you will see one when you go in June. :rotfl:

Love ya!

I've been to Disney about 15 times, and I've never seen a snake there. I live on a lake bordering the Everglades and I've never seen an alligator or a snake around here. I wouldn't be too worried... really. Just use common sense: keep your door closed and avoid the bushes, yadda yadda.

Of course, there are the alligator eating pythons that live down here in South Florida... seriously. :scared1: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9600151/

I saw this on the news too! Made me scared!!

Why oh why do you people tell me these things????I will freak if I see anything bigger than a worm:confused: I am staying at CBR and THOUGHT I wanted a 1st floor room.Thanks for clearing that up!

We were staying at SSR last month and I went out on to our balcony (ground floor) to sit in the sun when all of a sudden this quite large black snake slithered past my foot. I nearly pooped myself.......:rotfl2: and then when I calmed down I was amazed how beautiful it acually was.

A couple of days later we saw another one close by just making its way accross the 18th fairway of the golf course.

gosh! I get chills up my spine over this. I dont know what it is about snakes!!! I grew up in the fields of North Carolina and saw more snakes and snake bites then I'd ever care to for the rest of my life I know they are SUPPOSE to be more scared of you then you are of them, but #1 - I doubt it and #2 with MY luck, I'd get the renagade snake trying to impress some girl snake who would get the thrill out of showing me who's the bigger scairdy cat.. me thats who. BTW, I called POP and told them I don't care what room or what view, I want on the highest floor (I didn't tell them about the snake thoughts though, I do have some dignty to try & retain.)

I don't want to eridicate the earth of snakes or anything like that, I just don't want to worry about them in my ROOM. I'll stay out of thier nest/den whatever thier house is called, and they stay out of my room and we can all co-exist just fine. I really do think I'd faint if I pulled back the covers to see a snake in my bed though.

Why oh why do you people tell me these things????I will freak if I see anything bigger than a worm:confused: I am staying at CBR and THOUGHT I wanted a 1st floor room.Thanks for clearing that up!

I know my family and I are staying in August at CBR and I was going to request a ground floor but now I am not going to! We will walk the stairs!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter