Snake in Resort Room?

They like to hide in the rocks at Blizzard Beach! The one I saw was huge and black.. The woman behind me said "its not dangerous cause its a black snake" ----whatever that means?!:scared:

Oh my word, I am not going to be able to sleep now thinking about this. I have a huge snake phobia. I have nightmares at least one a month about snakes. Gulp! I'll definitly be requesting a 2nd floor room at CBR.

LOL! You people crak me up. :rotfl: Growing up here I've never been afraid of snakes - I used to run around barefoot as a kid trying to catch black racers at my grandma's house. They're more scared of you anyway... ;)

Last May at CBR, we were walking back up to our second floor room and there was a huge black snake just kind of haning out on the walkway in front of some bushes slithering around, but not going any where. A family with a little boy was watching it and the little boy(3-4 maybe) was crying and trying to get a way while dad was saying just look at it, it wont hurt you, while his mom was telling his dad to knock it off, he's scared.
It was pretty creepy. You just dont think of stuff like that when you live in upstate NY. The only time you see that stuff is at a wild animal park or zoo.
I mentioned it to someone and they said it was probably a racer. But it sure was ugly.
The rest of the trip, I kept occasionally looking down when I was walking....

At disney it was a 2 foot long balck snake!! Did not bother me much since when I was a younger I had a 15ft Burmese Python for about ten years

Keep your kids away from the landscaping as well. My friend's daughter was bitten by a snake at CBR. My cousin is an ER doctor in Ft Walton and they see lots of bites from pymgy rattlers who love to hide in mulch!!

When we were getting off the bus at one of the parks last month, a bus driver yelled out to somebody taking a short cut through the bushes "don't go through the bushes -- This is Florida -- there could be snakes in the bushes!" Now, not being from somewhere that has poisonous snakes, I don't know if snakes could be in the bushes on the medians, but it sure made me think twice about taking short cuts.

I saw on the news that Florida is having problems with pythons because people who bought them as pets were letting them go when they got to big and now there is a real problem. :)

Why anyone would do that is beyond me! :confused3

I saw a big long black snake, about 3 feet, slither onto the sidewalk at CBR and then go back to the mulch in the plantings next to the sidewalk by a building :scared1: I keep my eyes open and watch where I walk now!

I just find it hard to believe a snake would slither across a concrete sidewalk to get into a room at the All Star resorts (not sure, but Pop is probably the same way) My brother and my cousin have lived in Africa, where snakes getting into houses is a constant issue since many of them are very poisonous -- but the houses that have no grass around them don't usually have a problem.

Wouldn't it be the same at all resorts that have doors opening to the outside?

We stayed at Pop in September of last year. While DD10 was in the Hippy Dippy pool a lifeguard spotted a SNAKE! Everyone was directed to the opposite side of the pool. The lifeguard netted it and let it loose in a grassy area. She said it doesn't happen very often, but it does happen. Hey, it's FLORIDA. They have all kinds of creepy crawlies.

So yes, they WILL slither across the concrete...I was there! Just don't know about going into a room, but I wouldn't say it wouldn't happen.

LOL! You people crak me up. :rotfl: Growing up here I've never been afraid of snakes - I used to run around barefoot as a kid trying to catch black racers at my grandma's house. They're more scared of you anyway... ;)

Those snakes must be pretty d#*@ scared! :lmao: I grew up in the south, too. That does nothing to change the fact that I hate snakes. I, too, ran around barefoot outside ALL the time as a kid. Saw more snakes than I can count. Actually came about an inch from stepping on one as a kid...of course, no shoes on! I've never recovered from that close call! :rotfl: I don't even like a dead snake! :rotfl2:

We stayed at Pop in September of last year. While DD10 was in the Hippy Dippy pool a lifeguard spotted a SNAKE! Everyone was directed to the opposite side of the pool. The lifeguard netted it and let it loose in a grassy area. She said it doesn't happen very often, but it does happen. Hey, it's FLORIDA. They have all kinds of creepy crawlies.

So yes, they WILL slither across the concrete...I was there! Just don't know about going into a room, but I wouldn't say it wouldn't happen.

:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

I don't mind seeing snakes here at home, at all (you're pretty lucky if you do get to see one, actually -- they're kind of cute), but the thoughts of seeing one in my room that might be poisonous...:scared1:

There are usually several threads starting this time of year about snake sitings. In the 8 trips I hav emade art various times of year, I have NEVER seen a snake, except in the exhibit at AK. There is or was a Python that a local woman found in her yard and AK had it on display, don't know if it is still there. It was one of the many that eople buy as pets and don't realize how large they get, so they dump them and there is a huge popultion new the Everglades, they are now in competition with the gators and I don't mean the FL Gators either.

Many people have reported seeing them in the lazy river areas of the 2 water parks, might just have to reconsider going there.

I too saw the pictures of the one at CR. I will go look for the thread. Here is a link to her blog, about 3/4 of the way down the page are the pictures, you can't see it really well, but you know it is there.

http://jennkey.blogspot.com/search?...-max=2009-01-01T00:00:00-05:00&max-results=43

Suzanne

Ive seen 2 snakes at Disney Both small, but to me they could have been 10 feet long, Snakes Scare me..

1rst one was in Animal Kingdom in the Bushes by the walking trails,

2nd time, was last year at Typhoon lagoon going up the steps to the Storm Sliders and there was a snake in the path, We all just froze and it went on its way..

same for us S. Louisiana girl here and we used to chase them. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter