Snake in my suitcase at POP Century

OMG... I would have F-R-E-A-K-E-D :scared1:! Exact reason why I NEVER want a ground floor :crazy2:

I used to live in Miami and ever since we had an alligator show up on our back porch (I kid you not) a few days after having a snake in our bathroom (this was all the week we moved in too) I learned that whenever I'm in FL to avoid the ground floor. :P Actually I tend to avoid it no matter where I go for safety reasons. Plus in my opinion any kind of view a room has is much better the more elevated you are :thumbsup2

I would of freaked and probably passed out. And this is a girl who grew up ranching and irrigating with rattlesnakes all over and still can not bring myself to watch them on tv.

Last Sept at BC our porch was COVERED in cob webs and spiders it was obvious no one had been out there to clean but spiders is the one thing that freaks DH out. I walked out onto the balcony (I'm short) didn't notice at first I was looking at our view, DH walks out behind me and runs into 3 cob webs before he was standing next to me. We turn to look and saw all the cob webs and got the heck off that balcony!!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013

I think I had that same room when I stayed at POP three summers ago. We didn't have a snake but there were many, many bugs. I brought it to their attention (front desk, in person) and they said they would send out a bug person but that never happened. Apparently there were some other bug crisis going on at the resorts and mine was low priority.

At least they weren't bedbugs.

I always preferred upper floors but after that I really preferred upper floors.

Just for fun, go outside at Disney World with a black light and see how many scorpions are out there. That'll freak ya.

Disclosure - those scorpions won't kill you but their sting is very uncomfortable. They rarely sting except when trapped next to the skin like in clothes or in the bed sheets.

There's your happy thought for the day!

Just for fun, go outside at Disney World with a black light and see how many scorpions are out there. That'll freak ya.

Disclosure - those scorpions won't kill you but their sting is very uncomfortable. They rarely sting except when trapped next to the skin like in clothes or in the bed sheets.

:scared1: Thanks a lot, LOL.

My ex was stung by a scorpion when we were hiking the Grand Canyon but I didn't even realize they had them in FL.

:hug: Sorry that you had a scary experience. I too would have freaked.

However, snakes are not vermin. Most snakes are very beneficial to humans as they eat mice, rats, bugs, etc. I honestly hope they checked what kind of snake it was before randomly killing it. If it was an invasive species then yes killing it is a good idea, but a garter snake or the like needs to be let loose back into the wild. :goodvibes As someone else said, I'd rather find a snake than a palmetto bug any day!

I hate to tell ya'll this but the snakes are coming onto Pop Century property because they have a food source! There is no other reason why they would be in such close proximity to humans. Pop Century needs to call in an exterminator and get rid of the vermin. Sorry Mickey!
Snakes "hear" through vibration so I wouldn't think they'd want to be anywhere near a busy resort unless the dining was good. :eek:
I can't count how many times I've stayed at Pop and the only critters I've seen waddle and hop!

Free Dining for snakes?:mickeybar

This thread has reminded me about an incident in Florida a few years ago - we were holidaying (vacationing) with my parents in a villa for 3 weeks, my sons are excellent swimmers, the eldest at National level, they were 15 and 11 at the time so we would get back to the Villa, us oldies would have a cup of tea before we would do anything else ( in the UK it is the cure for everything - especially theme park fatigue :)) The boys changed and went out to the pool, when out youngest who is such a drama queen came running in screaming that the eldest son was in the pool and there was a snake in there, I assumed that he was exaggerating and it was really a worm but DH and I went out to see, and sure enough there was a snake swimming around in the pool - thank fully DS was not in there anymore - we called the villa management co. and they came and called someone to come and catch it - can't for the life of me remember what type of snake it was but it was white and pink in colour with a diamond pattern on it! we sure checked very carefully from then on before we went in the pool though :eek::eek:

Great, now i'm going to have to check a flamethrower when the wife and I fly to Disneyworld next year.

We had a snake greet us on the stairs of the Treehouse Villas in November. I high tailed it back into the room and informed the Front Desk to get some body out there ASAP because I was not leaving my Villa until it was confirmed gone!!! :scared1:

There used to be a website that was devoted to snake sightings at Disney World. They told you what areas to stay away from if you were worried about snakes. I visited it frequently before trips.

I'm just glad that we returned from a trip a few weeks ago and won't be making another trip to Disney for at least a year or two. Hopefully this thread will have left my memory by then so I'm not spending my entire trip scanning my surroundings and luggage for snakes. :) I will say we saw more little lizards/gecko's on this trip than our last several trips combined and that was disturbing enough for me. They were all over the place (but not in our 4th floor suite at AoA :) )

How can they tell you what areas to stay away from if the snakes are all over the place? Maybe try Aulani as I hear there are no snakes in Hawaii.

Have had several snake sightings at WDW but the best one was a snake slithering his way out of the lazy river at Blizzard Beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!