1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Snail mail confirmation?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Mufasa&Simba, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Mufasa&Simba

Mufasa&Simba Mouseketeer

Does "Disney Destinations, LLC" still mail out confirmation letters? We booked a "room only" at POR on Sept. 2nd for Nov. 12-18th (this year). I have gotten an email confirmation and on the website when I log in it's on there, but so far nothing in the mail. The last 2 trips we got something in the mail a lot sooner than this. As long as I got some confirmation (email) I'm OK, but just checking about the snail mail one.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. kimnvbva

kimnvbva Mouseketeer

You should get Mickey mail about 30 days before your trip. We just got ours a few days ago. I didn't get the DME tags yet which I thought would be included but I guess I get those later. :goodvibes

4. buzzgirls&dad

buzzgirls&dad DIS Veteran

For our our last two trips (last year and this year) one was a package and one was room only. We have only gotten the e-mail confirmation. No other snail mail letter. If you go to" my vacation" on the disney site you can put in your ressie and all of your info will come up. Even your dining ressies. :)

5. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I believe that Mickey Mail is only for package vacations. DME tags will still be sent for room only reservations if you have signed up for it. Any time we have done a room only reservation(in the last few years) we have only received email confirmation (and of course all of the details are under your "My reservations" on the website. Just print out your confirmation to bring with you.

6. Mufasa&Simba

Mufasa&Simba Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone. Actually the last few trips we booked were "room only" and we still got mail confirmation. I still need to book DME though- I think I'll do that tomorrow (exactly one month out).

7. Mufasa&Simba

Mufasa&Simba Mouseketeer

Just wanted to post an update that in the mail today we got a Toy Story themed booklet about our upcoming trip called "Your Story".... basically it just showed our arrival date and where we're staying and the rest was all advertising stuff that we already know. I had never heard of this mailer before we got it. Has anyone else ever got it?

What I thought was kind of funny were the park maps.... actually DHS in particular. I don't know who put the map together or how quickly but they messed up on some locations of attractions. e.i. according to the map Disney Jr. Live is located inside Sorcerer Mickey's hat??? :confused3 Yeah, somebody is a little off there. And this is an OFFICIAL Disney mailer. The return address was Disney Destinations, LLC.

8. Allieran3

Allieran3 Live in my magical Disney bubble with Grumpy and a

I received the Toy Story mailer about 2 weeks after booking my trip back in May. I just paid off my Nov.27-Dec.6th trip at the 33 day mark so I'm still waiting for my Mickey Mail :)))

9. TigrLvsPooh

TigrLvsPooh Planning WDW Trips Obsessively

You will still receive snail mail, no matter if it's a package or a room-only. :goodvibes Depending on when you booked the mail can come at different times. Typically if you book pretty far out the letter will come 30 days prior. I booked my trip for Friday about 2 weeks ago and just got my snail mail yesterday. DME comes in a separate envelope. :) Have a great trip!