snacks and counter service on the ddp

eeyorefanuk

DIS Veteran
Will there be boards showing exactly what you can have on the counter service and more importantly the snacks on the free dining plan??? :goodvibes

from what i remember, anything $4 or less qualifies as a snack..

there is a post somewhere on the Dis that has a very comprehensive list of what's considered a snack...i'll see if i can find it...

from what i remember, anything $4 or less qualifies as a snack..

there is a post somewhere on the Dis that has a very comprehensive list of what's considered a snack...i'll see if i can find it...

Some of that list is out of date - goofys at DTD etc which is no longer a snack credit.

When your in the parks/hotel there will be a purple sticker next to each item that is considered a snack credit on the DDP.

For counter service you get a main meal (e.g. burger and fries), dessert and a soft drink :thumbsup2

Some of that list is out of date - goofys at DTD etc which is no longer a snack credit.

When your in the parks/hotel there will be a purple sticker next to each item that is considered a snack credit on the DDP.

For counter service you get a main meal (e.g. burger and fries), dessert and a soft drink :thumbsup2

Ah that is great, so everything with a purple sticker is a snack - easy ;)

Re the counter service, do you mean anything at a counter service or yet again are there only specific items :confused:

Ah that is great, so everything with a purple sticker is a snack - easy ;)

Re the counter service, do you mean anything at a counter service or yet again are there only specific items :confused:

Yes everything is considered!:thumbsup2 Only were there is a bakery attached some of the selections may be limited by a cm will be able to point you in the right direction:goodvibes

Yes everything is considered!:thumbsup2 Only were there is a bakery attached some of the selections may be limited by a cm will be able to point you in the right direction:goodvibes

That is good then, hopefully there will be something for everybody in our gang :cool1:

not everything has a purple sticker is a snack, we found alot of things not listed as snacks but were, you just have to ask a cm they are all very helpful

There's a snack thread HERE
It says 2008 Confirmed Snacks, so isn't totally up to date, but given the amount of work that went into compiling the list it's pretty impressive.

Just for reference this is what the DDP snacks thread says about the create your own stuff at Goofy's in DTD (it used to be much more generous than this, guess too many people caught on to a good deal! ;))
Create-you-own:
Marshmellows: 1 dip, 1 topping
Pretzel: 1 single pretzel, 1 dip, 1 topping
Gingerbread Cookie: 1 dip, 1 topping
Oreo Cookie: 1 dip only, no topping
Rice Krispie treat: 1 dip only, no topping
And the 2009 snacks thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2067447

Having been on the DDP for the last 4 days, all I can say is no more food please!:sick:

I have found myself eating just becasue its 'free' I dont want so much food, and if you say no deesert they give you a desert to take away:scared1:

Me thinks I need to go to the gym when I get home tomorrow, and the day after and..

there seems to be snacks everywhere you look, Ice creams in the parks, cookies, I was even having fruit just to try and be healthy

Great value even if you pay for DDP, if you managed to get it free WOW:thumbsup2

Having been on the DDP for the last 4 days, all I can say is no more food please!:sick:

I have found myself eating just becasue its 'free' I dont want so much food, and if you say no deesert they give you a desert to take away:scared1:

Me thinks I need to go to the gym when I get home tomorrow, and the day after and..

there seems to be snacks everywhere you look, Ice creams in the parks, cookies, I was even having fruit just to try and be healthy

Great value even if you pay for DDP, if you managed to get it free WOW:thumbsup2

Glad you enjoyed it and I hope you managed to find some good places to eat in the end!

i don't know what you're resort you're staying at..
at the Pop Century, the breakfast cereal plus milk is counted as a snack..
so that's what DD had for breakfast each morning..

Single servings of items are snack credits so something like a cookie or a muffin or a danish or a bag of crisps or a single piece of fruit or one bottle of water or a soft drink too along with one carton of milk but not a bottle. We saw some girls yesterday trying to get a 4 portion pack of Goofy's Candy Co sweets as a snack they clearly told them "NO.. that's not a single portion it has the number on the back that's a family pack" they argued it was only for one of them ( honestly some people:sad2:) they had to be told to put them back and choose something from the single serving section in the hotel gift shop much to their disgust:rolleyes1
Quick service credits differ between adults and kids, kids get a main (entree)and two sides plus a drink.. sides can be fruit or french fries or a cookie. Adults get a main (entree) and a dessert plus a soda type drink.
Choose carefully when you plan on where to dine not all of the restaurants offer the same items on the menus.

After two weeks on the Quick Service plane this is what I learnt.

1. The counter service credits are all the same - so our 9 year old son ate adult meals quite often we hardly ordered from the kids menu.

2. Wolfgang Puck Express - heaven for selection and service - food is bought to your table and......wait for it ......you can eat with metal cutlery!!

3. Beignets in POFQ - best snack in the world ever!!

In all honesty though - we spent 32 snack credits on our last day buying treats to take home and we still had 25 counter service meals left! We also only ate burgers on one day!

We did book some OOP meals (Ohana Breakfast, Coral Reef, Tonys, Hollywood Brown Derby, Boatwrights & Boma plus our food at Busch Gardens) Other than that the rest of our food was Dining Plan.

There is far too much sweet stuff on this plan though - I was refusing deserts at places and saying it is a waste for me to take it as all I will do is throw it in the bin!

We never had to worry about soft drinks either and used our snack credits on these too as we simply has so many!

Tip: If you like beer, after asking on here, we went to the Hess garage opposite Pleasure Island - $13.49 for 18 cans of Bud - sure beats the $6 a drink at the hotel! Wine was $7 a bottle.

Next year though we will opt for the Table Service as we would prefer more sit down meals and metal cutlery...cannot wait to go back to Boma - that was awesome food!

Very interesting about the counter service - no difference between adult and child meals? That could come in very useful! My daughter hates nuggets! Thank you.

Do you feel that it is better to use your counter service for lunch rather than breakfast.

Can anyone give me an idea of what sort of foods you have for breakfast on the counter service and which places you recommend :goodvibes

we didnt use the counter service for breakfast as i felt it was a waste, we would use a snack for a danish and then get lunch

the brekfast in disney hotels are like scrambled eggs, bacon and potatoes this is around $6

we normally went to somewhere like sizzler for an all you can eat for $3.99 each

Easy for us as we don't eat breakfast.
What we might do is call at Main St bakery in MK for a hot cinnamon roll or Seasons in Epcot for a large muffin if we wanted anything before lunch, lots of things that are just 1 snack credit that do us in the mornings.

We did book 2 character breakfasts as we had enough TS credits, Chef Mickeys we really enjoyed must have been hungry that morning, Crystal Palace I just didn't want the food even at 10:30am, wished we hadn't done it.

Snack Credits for breakfast we used included:

Danish (or a Muffin)
Bagels with Philadelphia ( just toast them yourself)
Beignets at POFQ
Cereal & Milk
Fruit bowls

As someone else mentioned Main St Bakery can be good too. We ordered two Breakfast Croissants there as C/S meals and they let us take a Danish each instead of a second drink (but this is hit and miss - depends on the CM)

We tended to use 2 counters and 4 snacks for breakfast - but like I mentioned before we came home with 25 unused counters and spent over 30 snack credits on sweets in goofys to bring home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter