Smugglers Notch-RCI some questions

njmomboys2

Mouseketeer
Hi all. I was very lucky to get a RCI exchange at Smugglers Notch Resort in Vermont for Spring break March 28-April 1st. Has anyone stayed here? We got a 2 bedroom unit.

Any tips/suggestions?

My boys are 10 & 15 and still hoping it will be cold enough for snow activites.

Is there a local grocery store? Restaurants you would recommend?

Looking into tours of: Ben & Jerrys, Vermont Teddy Bear Company and Cadot Cheddar......thoughts?

What about the pools and activites at the resort?

Any help or tips you can provide is appreciated!!!!!!

when you trade thru RCI, if you want to use ALL facilities, you have to pay a weekly fee ($300 or so for summer), you can look on Smuggs website under RCI to find out more. It depends on the weather, whether there is skiing. You can use the free pool (Courtside), which is heated with a good twister slide, and hot tub, without paying the fee. You can decide when you get there if you want to pay the fees--or even a day or so after you check in. The other pools are very nice--and warm.
During summer there are a lot of activities--you will have to call resort to ask about your week--usually not many activities, but as it is the week prior to Easter, there might be more things just for that week. My kids loved Smuggs. We drove to Montreal one day--easy drive--park at the Hilton for $25 and walk to the old part of city, tour the Cathedral, eat in a "french" restuarant. We went to Ben&JErrys (close to the big grocery store--so you could combine this the 1st day). If it is not too snowy, mountain biking is popular.

Thanks. Yes that week is considered "spring break" so not sure of the resort activites. Hoping it will still be cold for some snow type activites.

How long is the drive to Montreal..we all have our passports because we went to Toronto/Niagara Falls last year.

We have never stayed there but have driven by. We have looked at their website. We go to the stowe area in the summer which is on the other side of the notch. We have stayed on the other side of the notch just before road narrows, we also parked at the actual notch and walked up trail. In dead of winter and depending on snow fall the pass is closed for the winter. Hopefully when your there the snow will be gone. Maybe someone else knows how to get from smugglers notch resort to stowe area and ski area on the other side on mount mansfield. We have done ben and jerrys factory tour. Very interesting , they even have a cemetary for all the retired flavours. Its just south of stowe just off the main interstate from burlington. Thats also the home of green mountain coffee. The bear factory is close to burlington. My relative are from near montreal. Depending on which way you go will determine how long it will take to get to montreal. We usually take the ferry at burlington and then straight up the interstate to the border then a short drive to montreal.

if you go, unless they gave them to someone else, they should still have my VT and Canada books. I left them with the front desk this summer. IT takes about 2 hours to Montreal. Very easy drive, very rural. Only tricky part is going into Montreal over the bridge, but no big deal. Again, I recommend (based on what others told me) to park at the Hilton--worked out great and easy walk to the Old part of town. Best $25 I ever spend.

njmoms - i am an owner at smuggs and can tell you that the skiing should still be great at that time of year. if you kids are interested, the ski camps are GREAT! there is also snowshoeing and cross country skiiing available. there are a couple of restaurants in the village....just outside the resort is Stella Notte (nice, but pricey) and just down the road is the Brewski. There are also some nice restaurants in Jeffersonville (at the bottom of 108). There is also a small grocery store in town (the country store at the resort will get you by if you are there for a short stay...but it is pricey).

Based on the size unit you have, I wonder if you actually have my unit for a trade. I had a week 13 float week this year in the Willows building that I gave to RCI for points.

When you're heading up, please be sure to NOT try to go through Stowe as the Notch is closed during the winter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter