smoking areas at vistana resort

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by Mystic7070, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Mystic7070

Mystic7070 WL Vet

Does anyone know where the smoking areas are at this hotel? We have been going for years and I am a smoker who always smoked outside the room, but I now have major problems walking and don't know what area to ask for. Thanks for any help you can give.

2. swilshire

swilshire DIS Veteran

As I recall, smoking is allowed on the unit patios and balconies. You could call them to be sure.

Sheila

3. Detailor

Detailor DIS Veteran

Smoking isn't allowed in the villas, on the patios, on the villa balconies, or in any of the general public-use areas at Sheraton's Vistana Resort. I tried to find a current resort map that has the designated smoking areas shown on it but couldn't find one anywhere. I assume that there must be at least one such location at each phase of the resort.

From the resort's online overview page...

"No Smoking Policy
    We would like to provide a refreshing smoke-free environment to all our guests and owners. Smoking is prohibited inside the villas as well as on the balconies and patios. Smoking inside the villa may result in a cleaning charge of $250. The pool decks and enclosed surroundings, all recreational areas, playgrounds, basketball and tennis courts, and other activity areas have also been designated as non-smoking areas. In consideration of others please only smoke in our preferred smoking areas around the resort as indicated by signage and the resort map. We appreciate your cooperation."

**** Taylor