Smokers at WDW

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Mom2PrincessK, Nov 3, 2009.

1. WantToGoNow

WantToGoNow DIS Veteran

Congratulations to those who have quit or are trying to quit. I have never smoked but my mother did. I saw her try to quit and know it was hard. She smoked from the time she was 13. She quit at one point for 3 years and then started back because my aunt had one and it "looked so good". My mother died at the age of 55 from congested heart failure. Please don't encourage those who are tyring to quit to sit in the smoking areas with their ecigs. My children (ages 5 and 8) never got a chance to know their grandmother.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. justskip70003

justskip70003 why do i cry everytime i see wishes?

Smoke em if u got em!

4. jazzielady

jazzielady DIS Veteran

I have 2 different kinds of ecigs. Just got them about a month ago. I specifically got one with the blue LED tip, just so there's no way is could ever look like a cig. I haven't tried it out yet in a place where smoking is prohibited, but I already have informational cards made up about them - what they are, what they aren't, that the "smoke" is just vapor, and so on. Also, if you don't exhale right away, there is no vapor emitted.

I will say that for anyone with money to invest, this would be a great business to get into.

5. kulisa

kulisa Earning My Ears

Hi all

I see this is a thread from 2009 and I was wondering if, as of end 2012, there are still smoking areas in the Theme Parks and in the Resorts ( WDW Art of Animation particularly) or where those areas drastically reduced or completely eliminated by now?

Also how about e-cigarettes - can they be smoked "anywhere" or just in those designated areas?

Thank you!

6. AJ1983

AJ1983 DIS Veteran

LOL I completely agree. We are going to use that time to use the Disney apps to determine what FP times are available, what has a short standby,etc, PRECISELY so that I don't feel like I'm wasting precious Disney time in the smoking section. At least we won't have to try to organize our next move in a busy thoroughfare.

7. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Yes there are still designated smoking areas at all parks and resorts.

There is no specific regulation of e-cigarettes that discharge water vapor but earlier posts on this thread suggests that in order to avoid the hassle that occurs when guests or CMs think the e-cigarette smoker is actually using a regular cigarette outside of a smoking area, they may want to stick to the smoking areas as well.

8. Bullseye

Bullseye Faithful Companion

Bayou, I'm with you. I use a Var Volt gripper with Vivi Nova tank (see pic below). A lot of people aren't aware there is a whole other world out there of electronic cigarettes that work much better than the ones you buy over the counter at Walgreens. Not only do they feel like you're smoking, the juice comes in hundreds of flavors which makes it palatable. I'm going to WDW in 5 days and the one thing I'm worried about is someone is going to see my rig and think I'm getting high? It looks like drug paraphernalia.

[​IMG]

9. Goofy_Disney_Dad

Goofy_Disney_Dad Can go Grumpy on occasion too...

I used my Ego-T system there last year and had a few people question me as to whether I was using a vaporizer :rotfl2:

One couple walked up to me and said "man, I can't believe you're doing that out in the open like that!" I just explained that it wasn't a vaporizer but an electronic cig.

I used in around smoking areas as my mother in law was with us and she still smokes, but I also used it while walking in other areas and had no issues at all.

10. davedmaine

davedmaine DIS Veteran

Well said..

11. TwoCortWort

TwoCortWort A Buckeye Disney Princess

There are designated spots, one I remember specifically was over by Big Thunder. But there are those people who will smoke anywhere, and I witnessed a cast member telling people to put out the cigarette.

12. chartle

chartle DIS Veteran

I was going to point the PP to this thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1482684 (well I guess I did) but realized that this thread is a zombie thread and is 3 years old. Also their trip was 2 and half years ago.

Warning Zombie thread

13. kulisa

kulisa Earning My Ears

for the up to date info.

Thanks again!

14. Disney/Universal Fan

Disney/Universal Fan Mouseketeer

I am a non-smoker and both of my parents smoked and eventually passed away from cancer (as did several aunts and uncles). But, while I believe and agree with your post, I don't feel it was the proper time and place to post it.

15. fan1080

fan1080 When you wish upon a star......

FYI.......

You do realize that was posted over 3 years ago, right? :)

And, for information for everyone, Disney does have an official policy on e-cigs. If you contact guest services through email they will be happy to forward it to you.

16. Allison

Allison DIS Veteran

To help with your questions in the future, it might be better to start a new thread instead of attaching a question onto a very old thread. People read from the beginning and end up responding to the earlier posts not yours.

17. Disney/Universal Fan

Disney/Universal Fan Mouseketeer

Three years ago, three days ago, or three hours ago, I just think that the post I referenced was unnecessary and off topic of what the OP asked.
    By the way, you are commenting on E-cigs, and those posts were over three years old also, so what's your point?

18. fan1080

fan1080 When you wish upon a star......

Easy tiger, just a friendly FYI.

My post regarding e-cigs was in regards to the new/recent questions posted in this thread.

19. Allison

Allison DIS Veteran

I think the point was that if you think it was unnecessary why quote it and highlight it 3 years later to bring to people's attention again and why chastise someone 3 years after the fact. Just a guess.

20. larryz

larryz A few of my favorite turrets... DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Well, except for the health care professional part, I could have written that post... it's sound advice, and always timely.

21. Keegansmommy

Keegansmommy Mouseketeer

My mom is a smoker and this is one of the most stressful parts of traveling with her. My husband and I do not smoke. I paid a lot of money to take our family to WDW. I am not standing around waiting for her to smoke 20 times during the day. The problem is she gets all huffy if we leave her. Last time I think she finally got the hint and started volunteering to "go get things" and would be gone for a long period of time.

I'm hoping for patience next week with her!