"Smile like you're massaging my feet!" A Nov '14 TR! *Updated 6/17 & 6/18- NEW TR LINK POSTED*

missangelalexis

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! I'm here with my second TR! If you read any of my PTRs or my last TR, then welcome back! And if not, then HI, I'm so happy to have you! :wave2:

This trip was SO fun and I can't wait to share with you all!

15877678985_23823b0767.jpg

Who: Myself, Mom & Dad
What: A trip to Disney!
Where: 7 nights at All-Star Sports
When: November 8th-15th
Why: We had so much fun last year we just had to do it again! Really, going again so soon wasn't supposed to be the in the cards but I pushed hard for it and won ;) Since I crossed off MNSSHP last year, it was time to try our hand at MVMCP! We also loved F&W so much that we timed it to get the very end of it!
How: Flying with JetBlue!

I've mentioned this before, but I am an only child and very close with my parents. Our trip together in October was the first time they'd been to the parks in about 20 years! Alot of it was brand new to them and I definitely think they were overwhelmed! This time, though, they were excited to know what was in store for them and were able to voice their opinions on what they did and didn't want to do, which was great!

So I hope you will join me in recapping an amazing trip :goodvibes

Day 1 - Arrival Day (Posted 12/2/14)
Day 2 - Epcot! (Posted 12/9/14)
Day 2 - More of Future World (Posted 12/15/14)
Day 2 - Food & Characters! (Posted 12/19/14)
Day 2 - Lots and lots of World Showcase! (Posted 12/23/14)
Day 2 - The end of our Epcot day (Posted 12/30/14)
Day 3 - Magic Kingdom!! (Posted 1/6/15)
Day 3 - Crystal Palace (Posted 1/9/15)
Day 3 - Fun in Fantasyland (Posted 1/13/15)
Day 3 - More Magic Kingdom Fun (Posted 1/16/15)
Day 3 - Festival of Fantasy (Posted 1/20/15)
Day 3 - Wrapping up our day at MK (Posted 1/23/15)
Day 3 - 'Ohana (Posted 1/28/15)
Day 4 - Hollywood Studios (Posted 2/3/15)
Day 4 - Hollywood's Finest (Posted 2/6/15)
Non-TR Update! (Posted 2/9/15)
Day 4 - More Hollywood Fun (Posted 2/11/15)
Day 4 - Characterpalooza (Posted 2/17/15)
Day 4 - Characterpalooza Continued (Posted 2/17/15)
Day 4 - One Man's Dream (Posted 2/23/15)
Day 4 - Osborne Lights (Posted 2/27/15)
Day 4 - Osborne Lights Continued (Posted 2/27/15)
Non-TR Update #2 (Posted 3/2/15)
Day 4 - Fantasmic! (Posted 3/4/15)
Day 5 - A Late Start at Magic Kingdom (Posted 3/10/15)
Day 5 - Magic Kingdom Continued (Posted 3/13/15)
Day 5 - Festival of Fantasy...Again! (Posted 3/17/15)
Day 5 - Festival of Fantasy...Again Continued! (Posted 3/17/15)
Day 5 - From Main Street to Fantasyland (Posted 3/23/15)
Day 5 - Nighttime at MK (Posted 3/26/15)
Day 5 - Celebrate the Magic and Wishes! (Posted 3/30/15)
Day 5 - Closing Magic Kingdom (Posted 4/6/15)
Non-TR Update #3 (Posted 4/8/15)
Day 6 - All-Star Exploring (Posted 4/10/15)
Day 6 - MVMCP! (Posted 4/14/15)
Day 6 - More MVMCP! (Posted 4/17/15)
Day 6 - Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade (Posted 4/21/15)
Day 6 - Finishing up MVMCP (Posted 4/24/15)
Day 7 - Our Last Magic Kingdom Day (Posted 4/28/15)
Day 7 - Magic Kingdom Continued (Posted 5/6/15)
Day 7 - Magic Kingdom Continued (Posted 5/11/15)
Day 7 - Our final night in MK (Posted 5/14/15)
Day 7 - Chef Mickey's (Posted 5/18/15)
Day 7 - Chef Mickey's Continued (Posted 5/18/15)
Day 8 - Animal Kingdom (Posted 5/21/15)
Day 8 - Animal Kingdom Continued (Posted 5/27/15)
Day 8 - Animal Kingdom Continued (Posted 6/1/15)
Day 8 - Saying Goodbye (Posted 6/8/15)
Exciting News! (Posted 6/11/15)
November 2014 Recap (Posted 6/17/15)
New TR Link! (Posted 6/18/15)

Last edited:

I'm in! :cool1: Probably going to start out by being behind but at least I've got it bookmarked now.

joining! I can see how going to WDW after not having been for 20 years could be a bit overwhelming, so interested to see how they adapted for this trip

YAY Alexis!!! I know I missed your PTR, but I'm here and all set for the real meat of the story. :goodvibes

... And I have a feeling I know where that TR title comes from... We'll see if I'm right. :)

I'm here!

Yay!! :cool1:

I'm here. Can't wait to read your TR. :)

Thank you! I'm glad you're here!

Yay you started! pixiedust:

Yes finally! :goodvibes

I'm in! :cool1: Probably going to start out by being behind but at least I've got it bookmarked now.

No worries! I'm glad you're here :)

I'm here!

Yay! And I can't wait for yours!

joining! I can see how going to WDW after not having been for 20 years could be a bit overwhelming, so interested to see how they adapted for this trip

Ah I think I worded my sentence wrong! Our trip last year was their first in 20 years! So this trip was more about them expressing their likes and dislikes!

I'm a new follower of your TRs. Can't wait to read this one.

Hi there! Thank you for joining!!

YAY Alexis!!! I know I missed your PTR, but I'm here and all set for the real meat of the story. :goodvibes

... And I have a feeling I know where that TR title comes from... We'll see if I'm right. :)

The TR is where all the fun is anyway! And AWESOME, I was wondering if anyone would take a guess about the title, hopefully you're on the right track :goodvibes

Woo hoo! Can't wait to read all about your Christmas adventures. :goodvibes

Thanks so much, so glad you're here!

Subscribing.

Thanks! Welcome!!

Yay! I've been looking forward to reading about your trip!

Thank you so much, you're so sweet! :)

Day 1 - Arrival Day!

Our travel day was very low key. Our flight wasn't until 2pm and we weren't leaving for the airport until around 11:15. So we just spent the morning lazing around, eating breakfast, and getting all the last minute things packed. I snapped this quick goofy pic of myself- though I didn't end up wearing the ears to the airport haha

15308482574_69956b8f5a.jpg

My cousin so kindly picked us up and took us to the airport. We didn't hit any traffic and got in and breezed through security! There is not much to do at this terminal so we just got some sandwiches and spent the time people watching. It was so cute seeing all the kids who were flying to Disney, and also funny seeing all the people coming BACK from Disney!

15744974177_d8d9cfe016.jpg

Our flight boarded and left on time (woo hoo!) and it was a pretty quick ride down to Orlando. There was a bit of turbulence but it was fine. As many of you may know, JetBlue offers complimentary TVs. As a bonus though, we were also offered their 3 in flight movies (which you have to pay for) for free! The movies were Lucy, Hercules, and Guardians of the Galaxy. My mom and I decided to watch Lucy, which we did NOT end up liking haha but at least it passed the time!

Soon enough we were exiting the plane and heading down to catch the Magical Express (and this time I managed to not get us lost)!

15311082213_b9a372e866.jpg

The bus was pretty crowded. Mom & Dad sat together up front while I sat a little further back by myself. Mom tried to get a pic of the sign but it came out blurry.

15744974667_3cdfc2d39d.jpg

The first stop was Coronado Springs, which I would love to stay at one day! Alot of people got off here, so I was able to move up to join Mom & Dad. It was just a quick drive to the next stop, which was our stop at All Star Sports! Check-in was a breeze- there was barely anyone in line and I had done online check-in. I requested the Touchdown building but we got Hoops Hotel instead. No biggie, at least my ground floor request was given! We headed to the room and this is where I really realized how much smaller the All Star Resorts are in comparison to Pop! Really, any building is a short walk to the main building! I love Pop and all, but the short walk was definitely a plus in my book for the All Stars!

15744695259_b3a5425efa.jpg

Our room was exactly was I expected it to be, pretty much the same as Pop just with different themeing. We even got out first ever Mickey towel head!

15904919916_836695efc7.jpg

15311082393_18529ffee0.jpg

We dropped off our carry-ons and headed to the food court to get some dinner and to buy some refillable mugs for the week. It was raining a little, but good thing for that short walk and hoodies ;) Mom opted for chicken nuggets while Dad & I went with the Pasta bar- Alfredo/Chicken for me and Marinara/Meatballs for him. The pasta was soooo good, however the chicken I wasn't crazy about. The breadstick it came with was also really tasty. Mom & Dad both enjoyed theirs. After we finished, we walked around the gift shop a little before picking up the first Mickey Premium Bar of the trip to take back to the room :)

15308482584_3215bb854b.jpg

Can I have this in my house please?!

I think our luggage arrived around 9, so we unpacked a little and just relaxed! Sleeping Beauty was on ABC Family (how fitting!) so we put that on. We all fell asleep pretty early. Despite the laid back travel day it was still tiring and we knew we had a busy week ahead!

Tomorrow we head to our first park. Will the weather hold up? Just wait and see :)

Yay for a good travel day! That always makes your trip start off nicely when you don't have any travel issues. :)

Yum! The Mickey bars make me want to have one right now. :)

I hope the weather holds up for you!

Sounds like a pretty good travel day. I really want to fly jet blue someday. It sounds nice.

sounds like a pretty smooth travel day and nice for it to not be super hectic and just take it easy and prep for the rest of the trip to come

I get a kick out of the "Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar" ... like, you never see available the "Mickey Just Ok Ice Cream Bar" or the "Mickey Inferior Ice Cream Bar". I mean, if you only have one level how can it be premium? :confused3 (clearly I have put too much thought into this ;) )

Haha, the TR title still makes me giggle. And I think it will every time I read it.

I do like the early morning (and more so early arriving) Disney travel day, but I sure don't like the getting up at 2am part. A 2pm flight doesn't sound all that bad. but I am disappointed you didn't wear the ears Alexis!!

Free movies? Score!!

Interesting regarding the resort size. I'v never visited the All Stars before.

Ah I'm so excited to get a Mickey towel again. That's actually one of the things I missed the most being off site.

15308482584_3215bb854b.jpg

Can I have this in my house please?!

OMG ME TOO! That looks heavenly. I would love to crack open my freezer and see all of those Mickey bars. :goodvibes

Glad you had such a great travel day! That always sets a good tone for the trip when there are no major hiccups to getting there. Did you see Guardians of the Galaxy yet? SO GOOD! That's pretty cool they offered it as an in-flight movie. Totally what I would have picked!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter