"Smile like you're massaging my feet!" A Nov '14 TR! *Updated 6/17 & 6/18- NEW TR LINK POSTED*

Okay, I obviously missed something (I've had a headache for six days and obviously am not comprehending all that I've read). You are going to be in Disney in three weeks approximately? What are your exact dates? Are we overlapping? I love the t-shirt you made.

I love resort photos so much! For a newbie like me, it's nice to be able to get a view. These resorts have such great themeing, my kids would be in Heaven looking at all the character statues. YAY MVMCP, can't wait to hear about it!

I'm glad you liked them! Even as an adult, I LOVED seeing all the larger than life statues, they're awesome!

Okay, I obviously missed something (I've had a headache for six days and obviously am not comprehending all that I've read). You are going to be in Disney in three weeks approximately? What are your exact dates? Are we overlapping? I love the t-shirt you made.

Yes! I believe we briefly talked about this and how while 2 of our days overlap, our park plans unfortunately do not :( I will be down there April 30th-May 4th :)

Day 6 - The Start of our MVMCP Evening!

I was sporting my newest Disney Alex & Ani bracelet today (The Mickey & Pluto one)! I forgot to mention I bought it at the store in Hollywood Studios :)

We got to Magic Kingdom pretty quickly...and had our biggest faux pas of the trip. There were no CMs indicating that you couldn't get in yet for MVMCP. So we got to the turnstiles that listed "Event Entrance" and Dad went first, I wanted to tell him to wait so I could confirm with a CM but he had already scanned his ticket before I was able to ask. So sure enough I asked the CM and she was kind of snotty when she said "No, we aren't letting people in for the Christmas yet". UGH! So I told Dad to come back out and we walked over to Guest Relations to check the status of his ticket. We were using our physical party tickets to get in, but it didn't matter because it ended up still scanning as one of his park days. So we had to wait in line at Guest Relations for a little while, directly in the sun and it was HOT. At this point the CMs were forming lines for party goers (oh great now you're doing this) so I made mom wait in that line since it was growing pretty fast. I told Dad he didn't have to wait with me but he felt super guilty about what happened even though it wasn't his fault and honestly I should have known better. But finally we were taken care of and everything was sorted. We met back up with Mom and a few minutes later they started letting us in. So we didn't waste any time really, we couldn't get into the park anyway so it's not like we were going to be doing anything else. But Dad felt really bad and it took him awhile to snap out of his funk.

With that behind us we got in and the first thing we did was of course take some PP pics!

Dream Along With Mickey was starting so I said we could watch the first few minutes of it. Mom wandered off to take some pics of it and didn't realize that the plan wasn't to stay for the whole show. We ended up not being able to find her until she came back to our meeting spot when the show was over. I was a little annoyed (And so was Dad, adding that on top of the ticket crisis) but what could you do.

We ran back to Town Square to collect our Special Edition SOTMK card and then ran back towards the castle to get to Fantasyland for our Under the Sea FP+. As we walked through Fantasyland my heart LEAPED when I saw Suzy and Perla out only to DROP when I saw the line was closed. Booo! But they looked so adorable though!

We made it to our Under the Sea FP with about 10 minutes to spare! Nothing like a trip under the sea to cool you off (literally and figuratively)! We ended up getting stuck for a few minutes. But we ended up stopped right in front of Ursula, so in my eyes it wasn't so bad! I was sitting with Dad and we kept laughing at the announcements Sebastian kept making while the ride was stalled.

When we got off, there was a photographer near the ride so we took some pics.

We then used our FP for Peter Pan's Flight! It was about 5:20 when we got off so we decided to just get in line for the Seven Dwarfs meet now. We ended up being the second group in line, score!

I left my parents in line while I went to Cosmic Rays to get us some dinner! I don't even remember what we got, I think chicken nuggets and maybe the pulled pork sandwich. Let me just say, though it's not a long walk between Cosmic Rays and FL, it sure feels like it when you're weaving through people while carrying a tray of food! But I made it back with all food still in tact!

The time went by pretty fast. We chatted with a nice family behind us in line who were also from our home state. The mom was a character hunter too so it was fun to talk about that!

The Dwarfs came out a few minutes early and we were meeting them in no time!

After that we went to Storybook Circus and got right in line to meet Minnie. The line wasn't too bad and it took about 15 minutes for us to meet her.

Then we got in line to meet the Ducks! This line looked long but it definitely took a lot longer than I thought it would. I think it ended up taking close to an hour before we got to meet them. Worth it though, such a fun picture!

We saw Santa Goofy was out but didn't wait to meet him since we already did at HS! I also checked out the line for Jack as Sandy Claws and it was just as insane as I imagined!

Up next...More MVMCP!

Love the villian chocolates. I hope they do that again! My kids love the villains :)

An empty park makes a great incentive to get up for early entry breakfast! Love the pics!

First, I think your shirts are great! Have a great trip! Though, I tend to think the odds are ever in your favor for having a good trip at Disney ;)

I love exploring the other resorts - definitely let's you take in the theming without actually having to stay at all of them. Glad you dad got his nap in so he is fully prepared - mentally and physically for MVMCP!

That is exactly something that concerns me with the new set up for Magic Bands. This past September was the first time they linked the Party Ticket to the band, and it makes me wonder if people end up scanning a park day instead. For me it's no big deal since I have an annual pass, but for some that could potentially be a problem. Poor Dad. At least no real time was wasted and it really was an honest mistake.

One of these days I'm going to do a party and arrive later so I can experience the party entrance setup. I'm always already there so just with the line for the wristband. I love the decorating they do for it.

Ah the benefits of a group. To be able to hold a spot while getting some food is so wonderful.

Dwarfs and Scrooge McDuck. Impressive.

Wow! You met lots of characters in the first few hours!

I love all the PP+ pictures - so many great family shots.

I heard lots of stories of the same thing happening at MNSSHP with using a park ticket vs. party. I linked our party tickets to MDE so I could make FP+ and just use the bands but I made sure we went through the party line. How annoying that the CM at the gate wasn't helpful!

Can't wait to hear more about the party!

Fun fun fun update. I love yoru Alex and Ani bracelet.

Sorry about the issues with the tickets, but glad it all worked out.

Cute photopass pictures...I love your shirt. I love the picture with Olaf.

And what a great pictures with the Seven Dwarfs. And I adore Minnie's dress...I don't think I've ever seen that one before.

The line for the ducks ALWAYS seems long.

Love that you started off with mickey ice cream bars! No reason to wait ;)

Love the villian chocolates. I hope they do that again! My kids love the villains :)

An empty park makes a great incentive to get up for early entry breakfast! Love the pics!

A mickey bar is definitely the right way to start a trip! :) And the chocolate sculptures were awesome, really fun to look at it!

First, I think your shirts are great! Have a great trip! Though, I tend to think the odds are ever in your favor for having a good trip at Disney ;)

I love exploring the other resorts - definitely let's you take in the theming without actually having to stay at all of them. Glad you dad got his nap in so he is fully prepared - mentally and physically for MVMCP!

Thank you!! And you know what, I think you are right!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

It was fun getting to see the other resorts! And yes, also gave Dad some down time for the night ahead ;)

That is exactly something that concerns me with the new set up for Magic Bands. This past September was the first time they linked the Party Ticket to the band, and it makes me wonder if people end up scanning a park day instead. For me it's no big deal since I have an annual pass, but for some that could potentially be a problem. Poor Dad. At least no real time was wasted and it really was an honest mistake.

One of these days I'm going to do a party and arrive later so I can experience the party entrance setup. I'm always already there so just with the line for the wristband. I love the decorating they do for it.

Ah the benefits of a group. To be able to hold a spot while getting some food is so wonderful.

Dwarfs and Scrooge McDuck. Impressive.

It does seem to be a little complicated! I'm glad it didn't waste any real time though. If it did, then it would've been a little more upsetting!

After doing both (being in the park while the party has started and arriving later in the day), it is a very different atmosphere walking in and seeing the setup! You definitely feel more immersed in the party experience, if that makes sense.

Was happy we got those 2 meets done since they are 2 of the popular ones!

Wow! You met lots of characters in the first few hours!

I love all the PP+ pictures - so many great family shots.

I heard lots of stories of the same thing happening at MNSSHP with using a park ticket vs. party. I linked our party tickets to MDE so I could make FP+ and just use the bands but I made sure we went through the party line. How annoying that the CM at the gate wasn't helpful!

Can't wait to hear more about the party!

Even with the long wait for the ducks, we were still making good on our party time! Our PP pics from this night were some of my faves!

The ticket situation was annoying, and even though it was partially my own fault, I wish there was more clarification before we entered!

Fun fun fun update. I love yoru Alex and Ani bracelet.

Sorry about the issues with the tickets, but glad it all worked out.

Cute photopass pictures...I love your shirt. I love the picture with Olaf.

And what a great pictures with the Seven Dwarfs. And I adore Minnie's dress...I don't think I've ever seen that one before.

The line for the ducks ALWAYS seems long.

Thank you!

Minnie's Christmas dress was SO cute, I think it was new for this year's party?

It was definitely longer than I expected so early on in the night. And they seem to take a lot of breaks too!

Day 6 - More MVMCP Fun!

We headed out of Storybook Circus and headed towards Tomorrowland. We stopped in the gift shop there where Mom & I bought the party shirts and I also bought a pin. They only had one of the party pins out and the CM told me that was the only one available for the party. I knew he was wrong though because I saw the whole collection of them out earlier in the week, so I knew I had to stop at the Emporium to check on that.

We then stopped at Cosmic Ray's to get some treats! We got some cookies and juice/hot chocolate and sat for a few minutes to regroup. We saw Phineas and Ferb out partying up a storm!

From there we headed down Main Street where I stopped in the Emporium. As I suspected, they had the whole collection of pins out! I bought another pin and while I was paying the first parade was arriving!

Walking out of the Emporium was SO magical. It was snowing, the parade was coming down Main Street and it just felt like Christmas! It was crowded and we didn't have the best view, but it was so fun to see! And we knew we'd be seeing it in its entirety later in the night.

And here is everyone leaving once the parade finished, so many people!!

We then headed to catch the Mary Poppins meet. I thought they were supposed to be meeting near the Confectionary but didn't see anything in sight that indicated they'd be coming out- no one waiting, no CMs. I stopped a random CM that I saw, not hopeful that he would know the answer, and he told me to check near the little alcove next to Town Square Theater because sometimes they do the meet there. We went over to that spot and sure enough there was a small group waiting and a CM! THANK YOU to that CM!!

They came out right at 9 and were super fun! If you're keeping count, that's the third (and final, I swear) Mary Poppins meet of the trip!

Mom also snuck a solo pic with Mr. Penguin! I wasn't sure if she was allowed to do that but they let it happen!

After that we headed to Main Street. Celebrate the Magic had started so we moved around until we found a good spot for Holiday Wishes! For some reason I didn't take a ton of pictures, but here are some of the best ones I got!

After that, we decided to check out the line to meet Santa. It surprisingly wasn't long at all! I had heard his lines can
consistently be 45 minutes or more, but we only ended up waiting about 20!

Up next...Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade!

They definitely had more party pins this year. Last year (2013) we tried to buy one right when the party started and they were already sold out.

I like that dance party at Cosmic Rays. I found it to be manageable at least crowd wise.

I would so love to see that parade on Main Street. The Snoap alone would make it worth the wait.

YAY, I love hearing when a CM gets the right answer, lol.

It's still a little weird not seeing the garland hanging across the street. One of the only pitfalls of the Festival of Fantasy. But Merry ChristWishes still looks great.

Great Wishes pictures! And the Dream Lights always look amazing.

Cute shot with Mary Poppins and gang - especially love the one of your mom and Mr. Penguin!

Excited for parade pictures!

So much party fun! I am obsessed with Minnie's outfit, and your Tangled top. SO CUTE!!

Oohh, how I love Holiday Wishes. Such an amazing show!

They definitely had more party pins this year. Last year (2013) we tried to buy one right when the party started and they were already sold out.

I like that dance party at Cosmic Rays. I found it to be manageable at least crowd wise.

I would so love to see that parade on Main Street. The Snoap alone would make it worth the wait.

YAY, I love hearing when a CM gets the right answer, lol.

It's still a little weird not seeing the garland hanging across the street. One of the only pitfalls of the Festival of Fantasy. But Merry ChristWishes still looks great.

The dance party at Cosmic Ray's was definitely manageable. If only I was a Phineas & Ferb fan!

The snoap really is such a magical touch. And I'd take that over real snow any day :rotfl:

It's different without the garland, but I kind of like the new setup! ChristWishes was awesome!

Great Wishes pictures! And the Dream Lights always look amazing.

Cute shot with Mary Poppins and gang - especially love the one of your mom and Mr. Penguin!

Excited for parade pictures!

Thank you! The Mary Poppins meet was a fun one!

So much party fun! I am obsessed with Minnie's outfit, and your Tangled top. SO CUTE!!

Oohh, how I love Holiday Wishes. Such an amazing show!

Minnie's outfit was SO adorable! And thank you, the top is from Hot Topic!

Holiday Wishes was so beautiful!!

Magic Bands! Woo hooo!

Sorry about the initial trouble getting into the party but it looks like an awesome time once you were in!
I love the picture with the dwarves. At first I thought it was a stock photo and then saw the three of you in the back! So fun!
Lots of great character meets!

Magic Bands! Woo hooo!

Sorry about the initial trouble getting into the party but it looks like an awesome time once you were in!
I love the picture with the dwarves. At first I thought it was a stock photo and then saw the three of you in the back! So fun!
Lots of great character meets!

Yes, once the ticket issue was resolved we did have a great time! And we had some really fun meets. So funny that you though the dwarf photo was a stock photo, I can see why you thought that though! :rotfl2:

Ooh I love your Tangled top! Someday I hope to see the snow at MVMCP, it looks so magical.

The ONLY time I like snow is on Main Street USA or at the Studios during the Osborne Lights.

Beautiful pictures at the MK that evening.

I adore your picture with Bert, Mary Poppins and the penguin.

And such a cute picture of the three of you with Santa Clau.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter