Smell the grass! (fr a soldier in Iraq)

4nana

God Bless America, Land of the Free and Brave
I found the below story very touching and it reminds me of our own soldier in Iraq. Our son's wife sent him a little jar of dirt labeled with their address and tied w/ red, wht, blue and yellow ribbons.
Each little part of home is so very important to them!

God bless our soldiers ^i^.
~ Sandie

Smell The Grass!

Here is a soldier stationed in Iraq. He asked his wife to send him dirt, fertilizer and some grass seeds so he can have the sweet aroma and feel the grass grow beneath his feet.

If you notice, he is even cutting the grass with a pair of a scissors.
Sometimes we are in such a hurry that we don't stop and think about the little things that we take for granted.

Upon reading this, please say a prayer for our soldiers that give (and give up) so unselfishly for us.

f680c38b.jpg

That is so touching... thanks for sharing. My DH is not in Iraq but he has been deployed for 19 of the last 24 months. Last year to Bosnia and this year to Kosovo. I think sometimes I miss him so much I forget just how much he is missing us. Being left as a single parent, doing everything around the house, etc isn't easy... but it's not any easier being taken away from your family and placed abroad.

what an awesome idea! Looking at that pic brought tears to my eyes. My DH isn't in Iraq, he's at GTMO in Cuba (thank God). What a way to send a piece of home to your loved one.

:hug: :hug: :hug: and prayers to all for their quick and safe return so they can enjoy the grass in there own backyards!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!