Small minded people

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mentality of the people who won't allow -- gasp!! -- fun on these boards is the same as the ones who feel Disney is for kids, so gutting all the adult entertainment options is acceptable. Why are we keeping the conversation on the boards appropriate for young children and those raised in caves by religious zealots? I've learned to live with vicious stroller wielding parents, fakers on ECVs, people who walk abreast (oops, is that okay?), those who want our help reusing reusable mugs, and people who park at Boardwalk to walk in the international gateway. THIS pisses me off.

Don't forget those with no fashion sense!!!

(Oh wait....I have NO fashion sense.....carry on)

Don't forget those with no fashion sense!!!

(Oh wait....I have NO fashion sense.....carry on)

Big fashion decision for me today? Wear regular socks or the red fuzzy ones (save'em for Valentine's Day maybe?) with my steel-toed boots... I'm torn. Seriously. :confused3

The mentality of the people who won't allow -- gasp!! -- fun on these boards is the same as the ones who feel Disney is for kids, so gutting all the adult entertainment options is acceptable. Why are we keeping the conversation on the boards appropriate for young children and those raised in caves by religious zealots? I've learned to live with vicious stroller wielding parents, fakers on ECVs, people who walk abreast (oops, is that okay?), those who want our help reusing reusable mugs, and people who park at Boardwalk to walk in the international gateway. THIS pisses me off.

I am so with you on this and I have 2 kids. I know what sites my kids are on and what TV shows they watch etc. Because I'm a parent that monitors what my child does and does not expect society to cater to them. If they ever come across something that I deem inappropriate for them at their age I explain why I find it inappropriate and that they (my kids) shouldn't have been where they were in the first place or looking over my shoulder when they weren't supposed to or listening to a conversation they weren't a part of. Oh, because I also hold my kids responsible for their actions (silly irresponsible gay parent that I am).

So, keep them coming and I LOVED the fornicate comment. :thumbsup2

If a parent wants to say " That's offensive and I don't want my child to see that"...they have every right; in fact, it's their job to moniter what their children see and do....but, please don't think it's your job to DECIDE for me what my child should or should not see...and if you don't have children then shut the heck up...HOW DARE YOU police these boards and deem stuff inappropriate for small eyes when there are none in your household.
It's like men telling me what to do with my body....Who died and made you GOD???

If a parent wants to say " That's offensive and I don't want my child to see that"...they have every right; in fact, it's their job to moniter what their children see and do....but, please don't think it's your job to DECIDE for me what my child should or should not see...and if you don't have children then shut the heck up...HOW DARE YOU police these boards and deem stuff inappropriate for small eyes when there are none in your household.
It's like men telling me what to do with my body....Who died and made you GOD???

AMEN.

And even if there are kids in your household, you're the parent, if you're letting your kid go whereever they want then you're the problem, not me. Before the internet, it used to drive me crazy when parents complained about inappropriate things on television and their kids seeing it. Then don't let them watch! Response: "but I can't control what they watch" Answer: "Really, so what you're saying is your kid is in charge and you're not being a parent"

Sorry but this stuff gets me going. I'm sick and tired of the "Holier than thous" out there feeling like they've got to monitor and legislate everything we do for the "greater good". Keep your own damn house in order and let me do the same!

I am so with you on this and I have 2 kids. I know what sites my kids are on and what TV shows they watch etc. Because I'm a parent that monitors what my child does and does not expect society to cater to them. If they ever come across something that I deem inappropriate for them at their age I explain why I find it inappropriate and that they (my kids) shouldn't have been where they were in the first place or looking over my shoulder when they weren't supposed to or listening to a conversation they weren't a part of. Oh, because I also hold my kids responsible for their actions (silly irresponsible gay parent that I am).

So, keep them coming and I LOVED the fornicate comment. :thumbsup2
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 Though I totally agree with the next post that says that even if people are parents they may not share MY values so why do they get to make the rules?:confused3 Actually, they probably don't share my values if the movie ratings system in the US or if the typical DISser on the CB are indications of the norm :rotfl:

You cannot even register here if you are not 13. This is really not a place intended for kids. It is not a place for over the top raunchiness, but double entendre, and wit seems very fitting and if someone's kid (or teen) is here and they have an issue with it, I agree it is their job to not allow their teen/kid to use the site.

Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people.

Unfortunately, small people tend to make enough talk about others problematic.

Telling other people how to live... isn't that the true root of all evil? People scream that they don't want government in their lives, but are the first to want them in my bedroom. Bah.

Take your ideals, your values, your ethics and go live by them. As for me and my house we will serve ourselves, thanks.

Oh, it's so good to see all you kids riled up again! That's the spirit! Carry on, carry on.

Don't worry, in my many, many years of experience on this earth I've found that small minds tire quickly. But do be careful of using phrases that contain words like "walking abreast" as small minds frequently miscontstrue your intent and it takes hours with a Funk & Wagnalls to convey your interpretation.

I've missed you all...

Auntie Peep

Hi Peepster! Nasty stuff going on around here... not sure what is up, but it will end up killing what little is left of this board.

Of course, it's pretty clear; that is exactly what someone wants to have happen.

Oh, it's so good to see all you kids riled up again! That's the spirit! Carry on, carry on.

Don't worry, in my many, many years of experience on this earth I've found that small minds tire quickly. But do be careful of using phrases that contain words like "walking abreast" as small minds frequently miscontstrue your intent and it takes hours with a Funk & Wagnalls to convey your interpretation.

I've missed you all...

Auntie Peep

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Yay!!! A voice of reason.

The crap that's going on around here makes me want to pull a George Carlin...you know 7 words you can't say on the Dis.....

HEINEY HOLES!!

Rosie,

I concur. That is exactly why I rarely come over here and play...it just doesn't have the same spirit that it once had. When I first started posting here on this board, the people who immediatly made me feel WELCOMED and apart of the group, were WallyB and Rob. :hug: I jumped right in and made some amazing friends. This fall, we'll finally meet and I can't wait. You guys have been my "Other" family and I'm so thankful. I just wish the few bad apples would go away...get a life, a job, stop all the mindless garbage. We don't care about the history of your crazy family, we don't want to read any rap sheets or find out who's being drug tested this week. Come on, it's the DIS boards for crying out loud. Who in their right mind posts ALLLL their personal life history anyway? :rolleyes1 For now, I look forward to the fall and hold tight the memories of better times. :grouphug:

It's like being invited to a party. You walk in and dont say a word to anyone. NOTHING! Not about their kids, their recent death in the family, their new job, NOTHING! Then you get up and go spit in the punch bowl!

Then you have the gall to go to the hostess and complain that people are talking about you! :confused3

Folks, I am not sure exactly why it is that I am suddenly the megavillain of this board. Apparently, some of you have been lead to believe that I am "out to get insert name of any member of the "old gang" here.

I lurk the DIS way more than I post. I don't post here much anymore, because I found a long time ago that quite a few members of the "old gang" are not the kind of crowd that I really wish to be around and the new folks are not familiar enough to me to really say much to on the board.

I noticed that the "old gang" had popped up on the board a while back. I looked in from time to time to see what stuff was being said because curiosity does get the better of me and there were a few people that (until recently) still respected on this board.

I have kept quiet as I have watched this stuff unfold over the past week or so, particuarly on this thread. I had hoped that all of you folks that complain about judgemental "small minded people" being so evil would get a clue and realize that you are yourselves being judgemental about me. But, since you guys seem intent on beating a dead horse, let me clue you in on a few things.

Yes, on this or any other part of the DISboards, if I see that someone has broken a rule, I will report it. I really don't care if people discuss politics here and I have never and will never report anyone for posting about politics as it pertains to our lives when it is posted to this particular board. I don't agree with the DIS stand on that issue when it comes to this board and I never have from the beginning of the implementation of this rule. However, the rest of the rules exist for a reason and typically those rules exist to keep peace. This board is owned to generate business for a travel agency. It's supposed to be a family friendly place to be. We are very fortunate to have been given a GLBT friendly space on a Disney oriented messageboard. It's a shame that some folks feel that sexually charge innuendo should be the way to express themselves here, but they made the choice. The powers that be seem to condone it here, so who am I to say anything to anyone here about it being that I am not an official representative of the DIS. :confused3

As for my oversharing in the past, yes, I made several decision to share here and on the CB in the past, that have caused me some unneeded and unwarranted drama on the DIS. You will never fully understand the situation that I was in when I posted that stuff. You will never understand how valuable that info was as a record when we went to court to show where our heads were at throughout those months of uncertainty. Honestly, had I read the same stuff posted by anyone else, I would have been publically polite and "held the poster's hand", and privately probably rolled my eyes and prayed for them anyway. It was not fun stuff to go through. It was even less stuff to go through without much of a system of support because I was asked to not discuss it among our friends or with my coworkers for fear of some of the people involved finding out what we knew or had planned. Add to all of that the fact that it was happening in another state with my partner down in that other state more than at home, I was using the one outlet that I had to "let it out" with some sense of it still being anonymous, get some prayers for the little one's health and safety, and a little sanity from being able to let it out, because it was a lot to bare. I wish that people could just be nice and not try to use these things against another person later on, I know that one on one, a person can be nice, but people as a group are reactionary and tend to lean toward the mean side rather than giving someone a fair shake, which is just a sad fact of the nature of humans.

Yes, I have a problem with one person that was a member of the "old gang". He no longer is eligible to post here, from what I understand. I didn't force him to post anything that may have been a part of the reason why he is no longer allowed to post here. I didn't tell him to commit filter violations. I didn't tell him to make a personal attack. I didn't tell him to make snarky comments that were attacks on my weight, my use of a mobility scooter, or my child. Yes, I am HUGE. Yes, I use a mobility scooter due to a skin blistering problem and also due to the damage done to my left leg when it was infected a few years ago. These things didn't bother me that much, but when someone sinks so low as to bring that precious little one into it, well that is about as low as anyone can go in my book and I lost complete and total respect for that man at that point. You can attack me up one side and down the other, but leave my baby out of it! Given this behavior, I really never want to see him on the DIS again, because if he is willing to sink that low once, he is most likely willing to go there repeatedly. While I am his current target of choice, I would like to hope that if he can't get to me, he won't be able to get to anyone else in the future. There is no need for anyone to have to deal with that sort of loathesome behavior.

For the record, I am happy. I have my partner of almost 13 years that loves me as much as I love her. We have the little one to raise. I have a job that I love. My MIL passed away a couple of weeks ago after years of constant pain and failing health, but while her passing was a sad event, it was also a blessing being that she is no longer in pain and we know that she is in a better place, finally. With her passing too, we are finally getting time to be a real family with time to enjoy our little family, our friends, and each other. It's wonderful. I wish everyone here could know that kind of love and peace.

I am going to refrain from posting here again, unless it's called for due to the actions of others or is requested. I am happy that you folks have another playground to go post your naughty innuendo on and I hope you enjoy it. I am sure that some of you will have a lot of fun tearing this message apart and taking from it what you will to say that I am crazy, petty, or whatever. In the end, I just don't care. I haven't made this board my home in a long time, so you can quit beat this dead, fat, lame, old, crazy horse, because she just doesn't care.

:laundy: going on with my fufilled happy life and not loosing one once of sleep!

Did you post when Rob passed? NO!

Did you post when people had kids, or celebrated special milestones in their life? NO!

Do you ever post with advice or tips? NO!

But boy howdy, let someone say something a little off color once and a while to make people laugh, or have a better day, and you pounce all over it!

You reap what you sow.

Did you post when Rob passed? NO!

Did you post when people had kids, or celebrated special milestones in their life? NO!

Do you ever post with advice or tips? NO!

But boy howdy, let someone say something a little off color once and a while to make people laugh, or have a better day, and you pounce all over it!

You reap what you sow.

Well played Sir, well played:worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter