Small bag for DD15

luvdisney00

DIS Veteran
Hi, I thought maybe someone here would have a good idea for me. My DD15 has a season pass for 6 flags and goes with friends all of the time. Unlike Disney, they are very fussy about what you can carry on rides with you, they don't allow any bags and try to get people to rent a locker at each ride to put stuff in, but this is a lot of hassle for a bunch of 15 and 16 yr olds to do. She needs to be able to carry her phone , pass and money with her and it has to be on her body because nothing can be held on the rides. Last year she had a Vera Bradley zip clip ID case and wore it on her belt loop, which was perfect except, this year her phone is just a little too big to fit in it. I need an idea for a bag to buy her that is as small as possible but will still fit her stuff and of course, I'd like it to be budget friendly (LOL). She won't wear a fanny pack or anything like that ( it has to be fashionable) and i don't even think they would be allowed anyway. A few of her friends lost phones there this week because they fell out of their pockets on rides, so I'd like to get her something right away. My only thought was a VB tech case, but I'm not sure that longer skinny strap would hold. I really like the heavy metal "key" ring on the zip clip. If I had realized what a hassle this would be, I would have had her get a smaller phone (I think hers is an envy touch, it's fat because of the keypad). Anyone have any ideas for me? She has a bday coming up, so this would be great as part of her gift. TIA.

Since she like VB- what about a mini hipster? they are mostly flat & snug across the body but hold cell phones, small items like contact cases & money very easily. I love my daughters- and borrow it for park days.

I have a little baggalini that I hook onto my belt buckle. I love it and it holds my iPhone in one parr then has a zip up part for id's and $$. If I can find a link for it I'll post it so you can check it out.

I'd have to say the mini hipster from Vera Bradley. I love mine.

Not sure if she would like this idea or not... what about a spiblet?
I'm a runner so I use it to hold my phone, house key or sometimes my epipen and inhaler. It's kind of like a fanny pack, but if she wears looser tops it could probably go unseen under her clothes.

http://www.spibelt.com/
Spibeltparent1-70-T.jpg

Thanks I will show this one to her. The VB mini hipster is not allowed (I have 2 of them). 6 flags is very strict about this and food in the parks. They search your bags and if you have so much as a cracker in your bag, they throw it out. It makes you appreciate how easy Disney is about that kind of stuff:thumbsup2 I only go on a few rides when I go and usually DH will hold my bag for me, but it's hard with the kids when the whole group is going on a ride. They also sell big plastic refillable soda cups that you buy for the season, but won't let kids leave them anywhere while on rides. They are supposed to rent a locker EVERY time to put the thing in. For this reason DD just buys a $6 drink when she's thirsty instead of taking the refillable cup (which I buy). Also bringing your own water is not allowed. OK 6 flags rant over...keep the bag suggestions coming, thanks!

Which Six Flags do you live by? I'm by Six Flags Great America near Chicago and I'm able to bring in my Vera Bradley Mini Hipster. Although I have perfected the art of wearing loose shirts and wearing the bag under my shirt so it isn't seen as easily...

I like that Baggallini belt clip, though...I may have to get that myself...

Which Six Flags do you live by? I'm by Six Flags Great America near Chicago and I'm able to bring in my Vera Bradley Mini Hipster. Although I have perfected the art of wearing loose shirts and wearing the bag under my shirt so it isn't seen as easily...

I like that Baggallini belt clip, though...I may have to get that myself...

Jackson NJ. I do think they are rougher on teenagers than adults though, a lot of my friends kids have been having the same problem. I do love my mini hipsters too though. I have the regulat hipster as well and love that one also.

I'm a runner so I use it to hold my phone, house key or sometimes my epipen and inhaler. It's kind of like a fanny pack, but if she wears looser tops it could probably go unseen under her clothes.

You're my favorite person today! This will be perfect for our trip. My guys usually wear cargo shorts and carry my stuff mostly ungrudgingly, but this would be great to wear under my shirt I think, and they won't give me any grief. :goodvibes

Thanks!

I was going to recommend a Kavu Keeper bag, but if they won't allow a mini hipster, they really won't allow a Keeper!

A possible "bag" would be the all-in-one wristlet? I've used that at 6Flags America. The tech case, I believe, has a little metal loop where the handle* clips on. you should be able to take the really strong vera bradley key ring off of the id case and put it on that. :)

The new Vera Belt bag is like a fanny pack and most teens would never use it, plus it is about the size of the mini hipster. I think the tech case would be the best bet, maybe you could put the key ring from the id case onto it. I had the really small Bagellini but I wonder if they would even allow that.
Those low cut shorts have such narrow pockets, DD has lost $ out of them. Maybe get a pair of regular cut shorts with a button down pocket, or put some velco in it.

What about an armband cell phone case and a belt bag. you can put the cell phone in the armband case and make it on your daughter's arm. Then put the money and pass in the belt bag...

What about the tiniest LeSportsacs? They can go cross body and have zippers.

Of course I'm no help--the last time I did Six Flags NJ, it was rainy and May. Everything fit between the cargo pockets and the front pocket on my hooded sweatshirt.

http://www.spibelt.com/
Spibeltparent1-70-T.jpg

Oh....I like this! I just checked out the website...this would be great for when I walk! It can hold all I need, cell phone, keys, ID and iPod! Just can't decide if I should get the one with the additional pocket inside:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter