slo's Thursday poll - pre-rinse or no pre-rinse??

Pre-rinse or Not Pre-rinse Your Dishes Before They Enter The Dishwasher????

• Other (please post your answer)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Breaking news.....GMA just solved the debate over pre-rinsing vs. not pre-rinsing dishes before dishes go into the dishwasher. GMA says to not pre-rinse those dishes and all dishes should go into the dishwasher dirty.

The question for the today is......Do you pre-rinse or do you not pre-rinse your dishes before they go into the dishwasher?

*For me it's both.
I don't always run my dishwasher every day
If I know I'm running the dishwasher than I won't pre-rinse.
If I know I'm not running the dishwasher than I will pre-rinse so my dishes don't sit in the dishwasher and have the food get really stuck on and for everything to get stinky.

Any dish or pot with residue, especially baked-on crud, gets soaked or pre-rinsed. It works for me. I don't care what GMA says about it.

I always pre-rinse the silverware and plates if it's eggs. My dishwasher can never get dried yolks off them.
Other than that, I just remove the bits of food that are on them, like bits of salad, carrots, etc.
Pots and my good knives don't go in the dishwasher. Those get handwashed.

I pre-rinse dishes with egg yolk on them, but that's all. On, and also dishes with avocado and peanut butter...those three things seem to always stick and dry on dishes in the dishwasher. Other than that, we just scrape the plates.

I always pre-rinse plates, and bowls if they've had something like spaghetti in them. Glasses usually not, or cutlery either. Pots and pans are done the same as plates too. I don't like all those "little bits of dried food" going through my dishwasher.

My MIL always told me to just put the dishes in dirty because that is the way the detergent is designed to work, the less junk in there to clean, the less overall cleaning that gets done. I pre-rinse I always thought she was a bit wacky anyway :rotfl:

I just run the plates and sometimes bowls under the water to get any big chunks off.
I don't run the dishwasher everyday, but I don't want to have to wash the dishes before putting them into something that is supposed to wash them for me.

Unless the dishwasher is being run immediately I pre rinse. I cannot tolerate a stinky dishwasher, no how.

We have a dishwasher but it's so very old that it frankly just sucks. So I hand wash and put the dishes in the racks with the door open to let them dry. :D

I answered pre-rinse, but should have said other. Actually, they receive a light wash, before they go into the dishwasher.

I fill the sink with hot soapy water while I'm cooking, and toss dishes and utensils in there as I cook and when we are finished eating, then I put them in the dishwasher. If I see any stuck on food I give them a quick rub with the sponge or the dish brush. My dishwasher was here when I bought the house 18 years ago, and it doesn't have any of the super fancy cycles and steam heat stuff that they new ones have.

No pre rinse, not even really dirty plates or mixing bowls. Have never had a problem.

No pre-rinsing for me. Throw them in the way they are and they always come out looking great. Our dishwasher is 7 years old and does a great job.

We practically wash the dishes before putting them into the dishwasher. :laughing:

My family has always viewed the dishwasher as more of a sterilizer.

Us too! But there are only 2 of us now and the dishwasher only gets run every third day (or when we run out of clean spoons).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter