slight dilemma

nutty4wdw

DIS Veteran
our trip originally had two adults. now a third adult will be included. my adr's are all made for two. should i see if they can change the adr's by calling dining reservations or just ask to add when we check in for the meal.

If it were me, I'd probably call. The problem with waiting at the podium is if they cant seat #3, then you will have no ADR or you will have to send your friend off for CS while you eat TS.

Not knowing when your trip is, you may be able to hop onto the dining reservations online and make new ADRs and then just cancel the ones for 2 people

You need to try to change them. Your ADR's will seat you, at most places, at a 2 top table. You will now need a 4 top table to accommodate 3 people. Depending on when you are going, the restaurants in question, and whether or not free dining is making every place crowded, you may find that you will:

1. Be turned away or told that they can only seat your original party size
2. You could have a long wait as they have to now squeeze you in somewhere to a 4 top table
3. You could be seated easily.

There's just no way to tell.

Actually, it is not a slight dilemna, you potentially have a pretty big dilemna.
Since you are going from 2 at a 2 top table, to 3 at a 4 top table, they may not be able to accomodate you.
Call and see what you can do

Just to clear something up, they cannot add a person to an existing ADR in most cases. What they will do is the same thing you can do yourself online - look for ADRs for 3 at comparable times and then cancel the ones made for two.

We've been in that situation on several occasions and what I do is rebook as many as I can myself, then roll the dice at the podium on any that I really, really care about that I couldn't get for the correct number. We've had good luck adding someone at the podium but we were going from a party of 5 to 6 which isn't a different table size at most restaurants. Going from 2 to 3 might be more difficult because it will mean a bigger table.

You need to call. If you just show up their is no guarantee that you will be seated with an extra person. The other option is to check online for the ressies you have adding the additional person and then cenceling the old one. I hope everything turns out fine. Good luck! :thumbsup2

I would go online and try and book for 3. You might have to get a different time, but you can check availability easily that way. Just be sure if you rebook that you cancel your other reservation to make room for others.

I agree with most of the other posters...try to find ADRs for three. That way each time you go to a restaurant you are not worried whether or not the third person can be seated.

1) Disney is getting wise to the "but, they decided to join us" trick.
2) Especially with free DDP, people can't always get the ADR they want.
3) So, they under-count to get a table.
4) Then, they show up with "unexpected" additional people.
5) In a team meeting, CM's have been told to warn guests against this.
6) Sure, if there is room, WDW will not turn away revenue.
7) But, if busy, they will turn away the additions.
8) Go ahead any arrive with the extras, if you like.
9) Just be prepared to have someone stand around while you eat.

our trip originally had two adults. now a third adult will be included. my adr's are all made for two. should i see if they can change the adr's by calling dining reservations or just ask to add when we check in for the meal.

What I reccomend is calling ahead and seeing if anything is available that fits...now if your reservations are everything you wanted, you can show up with the extra person generally you will get in. We have done it going from a party of 12 to 14 ... it worked just be willing to wait a little. If you explain the situation they are usually more than accomodating.

thanks everyone appreciate your help. these are regular adr's not free dining so i'll start checking online and call. thanks again.

We've showed up with extras before -- including 3 extras at CRT. We didn't have a problem.

We had a similar problem ,I made Adr for 4 instead of 5 and going up from 4 to 5 is like from 2 to 3 because you would use a different (bigger ) table than the one you already reserved. I just went online and keep checking for 5 until I got the adr that was looking for then made them and automaticly (sp?) the sistem cancel the wrong one. I even got the one I was looking for a week before arriving, so dont loose hope keep cheking . You may call but tell the operator to check for availability BEFORE canceling yours.
:hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter