1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Sleigh ride to see holiday lights at Fort Wilderness

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by wheredreamsbegin, May 16, 2012.

1. lvstitch

lvstitch Yankees Rule

:thumbsup2 Thanks

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Jenna319

Jenna319 DIS Veteran

Just booked this for 5:30p on Sunday, 12/30 for me and my husband. According to the CM, this is the last day. I just hope there are still FW decorations up!!

4. ekatiel

ekatiel DIS Veteran

Quick question: What's the easiest way to get from the Contemporary to Ft. Wilderness? We leave tomorrow, and we've got two evenings where we could fit the wagon ride in (either 11/20 or 11/21). On 11/20, we've got a WCC ADR at 4:30, so we can just take the direct boat, but on 11/21, we've got a 4:50 Chef Mickey's ADR, so I need to figure that part out! I want to be prepared for both scenarios :thumbsup2. Thanks, guys! --Katie

5. Robo

Robo 1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!

There is a direct shuttle boat between CR and FtW.

6. uscgmouse

uscgmouse Mouseketeer

FROM allears.net:

Wagon Rides at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

Take an old-fashioned, horse-drawn wagon ride which offers a 45-minute scenic tour around Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.

Wagon Rides
    depart at 7:00pm and 9:30pm nightly from the front of Pioneer Hall.
    Fireworks Wagon Rides at 8:30pm for the 9:00pm fireworks at the Magic Kingdom. (offers audio track for show - subject to fireworks being held at the Magic Kingdom.)

Price: $8.00 Adult; $5.00 Child (ages 3-9) Children under 3 are complimentary. Children ages 3-9 must be accompanied by an adult.

Reservations: Not accepted; Wagon Rides are on a first-come, first-served basis only.

I am hoping to get on the 7:00 wagon ride next week! I think it will be so cool if the campers have thier decorations up.

7. ekatiel

ekatiel DIS Veteran

That's AWESOME! So there's a direct boat from both the CR and WL. That works out great for us! Thanks! :thumbsup2 --Katie

8. Lorelei528

Lorelei528 DIS Veteran

Ok, so I just called to book this for this year...the CM was kinda rude and basically told me it wasn't in the system yet and to keep checking....the thing is, it says 180 days right there on the website...

Does anyone else have any info on this or is anyone else trying to book it for this December?

Thanks all!

:goodvibes

9. lowkat

lowkat Mouseketeer

Tried to book a sleigh ride today too. They said its not it the system yet, but keep checking back. Asked her if she sorta had a clue, was very nice about it and said not yet.

10. mom2rtk

mom2rtk DIS Veteran

Do keep after it. We did this last year for the first time and just loved it. :santa:

11. JennyDrake

JennyDrake Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

THANK YOU for clarifying!!!

12. Kymie

Kymie Mouseketeer

For those who did the various rides last year - can you share your thoughts?! Would love to know what people thought of the difference between the sleigh ride and wagon ride! I have 6 children so we would have to book 2 sleigh rides, trying to work out if it would be worth $120! Im not brave enough to rent a couple of golf carts, knowing us we would end up completely lost!

13. sueliz

sueliz Mouseketeer

Great question! I am in the same situation. Party of 6 and I like the idea of being able to make advance reservations on sleigh ride instead of arriving early to get in line and worry if we'll make it on wagon ride- but we would rather all ride together and wagon ride is cheaper. I thought I read somewhere that the wagons were bigger and so they couldn't go in all the campsite loops that the sleigh ride can go in to see lights but it was hard to understand how the wagon ride doesn't go as many places because it says ride is 45 min vs. sleigh ride 25 min. So would love to hear anyone's experience from previous years on these two options!

14. Microbe1936

Microbe1936 Mouseketeer

My family is 4 - self, DW and 2 DDs, Thi past December, we stayed at FW just before Christmas. It was amazing. We rode the carriage versus the wagon and found the driver to be very personable. We have ridden the wagon before for Halloween, but found it to be a lot of hay, which led to 2 sneezing DDs. Have not ridden since. Wish you all the best and lots of fun!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

15. WILDERNESS FAN 55

WILDERNESS FAN 55 CANNOT GET ENOUGH

Just booked Sleigh ride this morning for Dec trip. $64 pre pay for 25 min ride. Have never done it so that plus no KIDS this trip makes it :thumbsup2
    Also would love to hear others "sleigh ride" experiences .

16. mckelvey72

mckelvey72 Mouseketeer

This is what we are doing!!! We can pick up the golf cart at 1:00 and the kids want to go fishing so we are going to do that....might do horseback riding, ride around and see the resort....planning to get takeout chicken dinner and also planning to do the campfire/sing along. Then take the golf cart back and head back to WL. That is our first days plans!! It is going to be 11/30 the day we arrive so figure the parks are going to be crazy busy that day so we are going to spend a relaxing day at the Fort!! Can't wait!

17. rdesisto

rdesisto Heading back to Disney in December 2014! =)

Bumping an old thread, hoping to get some feedback!

I booked a sleighride for my partner and I for the first day we are down at Disney. We are staying at Coronado Springs, and also have a reservation for the HoopDeeDoo Revue that night.

Do you think the price is worth it for two adults to do the sleigh ride? It's something I wanted to do, but thinking it over, it might be best to cancel so we have more time to relax a bit before needing to head out for dinner. Thoughts?

Thanks! :)

18. mom2rtk

mom2rtk DIS Veteran

We did this a few years ago and I highly recommend it. Especially if you are going to be in the area for HDD already. Definitely worth the price!

19. WILDERNESS FAN 55

WILDERNESS FAN 55 CANNOT GET ENOUGH

Absolutely worth the price. The campers decorate beautifully. I'd do it again !

20. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

We did this after HDDR with mu DGD and it was so much fun! I think I would opt for this ride, hands down.

21. Kymie

Kymie Mouseketeer

I think were we to go there again at Christmas, we would opt for the wagon ride. The sleigh ride was good but I think the wagon ride would be much better value for money