Sleepy Hollow for breakfast - Are the waffles worth it?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by DannyDisneyFreak, Aug 26, 2013.

1. DannyDisneyFreak

DannyDisneyFreak Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Thinking of doing EMH at the MK and catching a CS breakfast in the park. I've heard lots of good things about the waffles at Sleepy Hollow but is it worth it? Any better than the Mickey waffles you get anywhere else? And do they serve any other breakfast items? If you think SH isn't the best option for breakfast where would you recommend for a CS breakfast in MK?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

I can't tell if you are looking for Mickey waffles specifically, but the waffles at Sleepy Hollow are not Mickey waffles.

You can't use a CS on the dining plan at Sleepy Hollow. You can use a snack credit for a plain or cinnamon/sugar waffle. You can't use a snack credit for the waffle with strawberry sauce or any of the waffle sandwiches.

They don't serve any other breakfast items.

4. MouseMomx2

MouseMomx2 DIS Veteran

I'm not sure what you mean by "worth the walk" since you say you are planning on being in the MK anyway. Sleepy Hollow is located almost exactly in the center of the park so it isn't a long walk from anywhere.

As the PP said, the waffles are just standard waffles...not Mickeys. We really like the one with the fruit and Nutella for breakfast.

5. DannyDisneyFreak

I didn't say anything about a walk, I just meant are they worth going there specifically for them. I didn't ask if they were Mickeys I wanted to know about the taste/quality, are they any better than food court Mickey waffles? I really love Nutella so I bet I would like them or the fruit. I was just trying to plan if we should go there or stop at the bakery for breakfast?

6. molliewalks

molliewalks Mouseketeer

The waffles there are fantastic. The fruit nutella waffle is served only after 11am though. I thought that was weird since it's fruit, would make it on breakfast, but nope, not until lunch!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

7. MrsB1228

MrsB1228 DIS Veteran

That's strange, they were served before 11am last year as hubby and I split one of those delicious creations for breakfast after MK rope drop. :confused:

8. MouseMomx2

MouseMomx2 DIS Veteran

The title of your post is "Sleepy Hollow for breakfast - Are the waffles worth the walk?"

9. MouseMomx2

MouseMomx2 DIS Veteran

We have gotten them before 11 each time we have had them. We are usually there around 9:00/9:30.

10. katiee37

katiee37 DIS Veteran

I am SO excited to try the Nutella waffle on my next trip! It may not be Mickey, but it's Nutella, a close second! :thumbsup2

11. molliewalks

molliewalks Mouseketeer

We were there last week. On the menu it has it posted 'available after 11'. We asked and one of the cm's said the same. Maybe something new, something that's supposed to be but isn't unless you get the right cm? Who knows, i just know i had to wait till after 11 to get mine :( totally worth the wait!! I now make them at home, eating one now actually. Not as good, but great memories tied to it!!

12. minniesbiggiestfan

minniesbiggiestfan Mouseketeer

Can you get the waffles in the evening? I won't be able to have them (gluten free) but my family can. Ill just pop over and have a dole whip. Lol

13. MouseMomx2

MouseMomx2 DIS Veteran

The more sandwich-type waffles (prosciutto, chicken, etc.) have always been available after 11 but the breakfast waffle and the fruit/Nutella versions are available earlier. This is the same menu that was there in July...
    http://i1.disneyfoodblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Sleepy-Hollow-Menu.jpg
    I hope nothing has changed.

I believe they are available until 5:00.

14. molliewalks

molliewalks Mouseketeer

Oh no!! I totally read the menu wrong then!! Oops, sorry :( glad you cleared it up though!! Same menu, wonder why I was told couldn't get it till after 11?

15. DannyDisneyFreak

Oops well just meant worth getting, not sure why I put walk???

16. crystaltink

crystaltink Mouseketeer

My Disney Dining iphone app shows the Nutella waffle being available after 11am as well. But, the app is in dire need of an update too. So happy that I can get the Nutella waffle for breakfast, great news!!! :cool1:

17. o0quirkygirl0o

o0quirkygirl0o just a little mischievous

Be aware that the Main Street Bakery is now a Starbucks and mainly sells Starbucks food and pastries. They no longer have the Disney Cinnamon Rolls.

18. Granfan

Granfan Disney Addict

This past February, the workers were back there but wouldn't sell me any kind if waffle about 9:30.

19. DannyDisneyFreak

I was actually never in the old bakery and never had the cinnamon rolls.

20. DannyDisneyFreak

That would really stink!:mad: Is there anywhere in else to get breakfast back in the 'Lands?

21. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Only places for CS breakfast at MK are the Main Street Bakery and you can get cinnamon rolls at Gaston's Tavern, although I have no idea when they start serving them.