Sleeping Friends!?!?!?!

jeepsrj

Mouseketeer
I'm planning my second Disney Trip for May 09, first trip was September 08, i'm going with same friends , but first time it was hard getting them up out of bed in the mornings.sometimes it was 10 before they would start to rise, then it was the whole hair and makeup thing to do..any suggestions on how to get them to rise a bit earlier?

Tell them what time you are getting up to go to the parks..they either get up or not. You go, hit the rides, enjoy Disney solo until you can all meet up later in the day.

yeah that's kinda what me and my other friend did last year..which wasn't too bad since it was the two of us..so yeah I guess this year I will try it solo...I know it gets to be a little tiring when you stay out late for the extra magic hours but I just get to excited to sleep in real late..

mickeywelcome2.gif

Tell them what time you are getting up to go to the parks..they either get up or not. You go, hit the rides, enjoy Disney solo until you can all meet up later in the day.

I totally agree! :thumbsup2

My best friend and sometimes travel buddy is exactly like this! I have had to decide that my travel time is valuable and get over my shyness to go and do things solo. I sometimes feel like I am being selfish, but in the end it's my vacation too so I make myself. It's better than tiptoeing around hoping that she wakes up so we can get going! :)

It's your vacation and you want to have fun, so just go and take the rides alone, just enjoy the moment and don't bother them. Who knows you will meet other people then make friends.

Have a safe trip. :)

I leave my sleeping DH and teenage sons and go solo. They always find me.
When they get hungry!

Tracie

lol..Traci I think that is my favorite post....you can always be found when people get hungry..I like that....

First of all, It's MY vacation.

Second, I don't think getting up at 10 after you got up at 9, AFTER going to bed at 5am because the park was open until 3am, is getting up very late.
Thank you.

:-):banana:

"You guys have my cell phone number, right? Give me a call in the morning when you're up and rolling. I'll be at the Magic Kingdom. Good night!"

Don't wake them up unless they ask you to; that's not fair to them. But take lots of early pictures on day 1-- maybe the lack of crowds in the pictures will win you some converts.

Have a great trip!

I traveled with a friend for several years on incentive trips and to conventions through the company we worked for - She was always the type who got up at 0 dark thirty to go get coffee and breakfast and the one who was out the latest - She wanted to experience all she could while we were there. I tried to keep up with her on the first few trips - but finally we decided that it was ok for us to keep our own schedules.

We would pick a point/time to meet up and it worked wonderfully! I think it really saved our friendship too. Neither gave up what we wanted from a trip nor did we feel resentment towards the other.

Good Luck!

How about a bucket of cold water?

KIDDING!!!!!

Well, a little serious, but still.

Share with them your plans for the morning. If they want to be part of them, then explain what time you will be leaving. Help them to calculate what time to get up, how long it takes for them to get ready and how long it will take to get where you're going.

Then let them decide. If it's important to them, then they'll get their butts out of bed.

If it's not important to them, go and have a GREAT time!!!

I'm planning my second Disney Trip for May 09, first trip was September 08, i'm going with same friends , but first time it was hard getting them up out of bed in the mornings.sometimes it was 10 before they would start to rise, then it was the whole hair and makeup thing to do..any suggestions on how to get them to rise a bit earlier?

Only suggestion I can give you is leave your friends alone. Disney is a special place and you visit there to enjoy yourselves. If your friends cannot understand the importance just leave them alone and find somebody who understands Disney

Hair and makeup at Disney? I would throw my hair in a ponytail, put on a baseball hat and sunglasses and be on my way. But as teenagers, it`s different. Get up and go on your own for a bit. There are so many nice people there to talk to while in line,etc. Maybe if you do that the first day, they will see how much fun you are having and decide to get up early the next day. If youre there long enough, plan a day to just lay by the pool where there is no certain time to get up and go go go. Have fun!

I enjoy doing things early, but my idea of early and someone else's idea of early are completely different things. I have a friend that can't function unless she is up at dawn . Usually I'm roll out of bed at 9am (DD is trained that way too). I adjust my schedule of course when on vacation according to meals, attractions, etc. However, I would not want to be expected to follow my friends 4:30am itinerary, anymore than I'd want her to follow mine. What about those who have to hit the sack at 8pm? I'm still wide awake at that time. Thank goodness for cell phones!!! How did we survive without them?

Sorry, my mind must be in the gutter because this is not what I thought this thread would be about. hahahahaha

Hair and makeup at Disney? I would throw my hair in a ponytail, put on a baseball hat and sunglasses and be on my way. But as teenagers, it`s different. Get up and go on your own for a bit. There are so many nice people there to talk to while in line,etc. Maybe if you do that the first day, they will see how much fun you are having and decide to get up early the next day. If youre there long enough, plan a day to just lay by the pool where there is no certain time to get up and go go go. Have fun!

I agree...I always put my hair up and put on hat on and go. I still look pretty but dont need to glam up to sweat it out while waiting in lines. i would also go and enjoy my trip and tell them to call you on your cell when they want to catch up with ya.
My friends and I went to New York together and they did the same thing. I just got up went out and took on New York by myself. Can't miss out or wait around for others to have fun. esp in disney. Either way hope you have a good time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter