Sleeping 5

crabbie1

DIS Veteran
Hi
Are there any other resorts apart from okw and akl tht will let 5 people sleep in a one bedroom. Having to reschedule my trip from august to either end sept into oct or mid oct to end. Complete orlando want to much amendment fee so just goin to loose the £400 deposit.
It wld be 3 kids 2 adults.
Does anyone know if i get any discount on disney rooms as a member or AP holder?wanted to try little mermaid room for 2 nights with dd.
Thankyou

BLT also accommodates 5 in a one-bed. The studios and one-beds at all resorts accommodate 5 if one is a child under 3 sleeping in a crib.

Cash nights for members staying at DVC resorts are less than rack rate, but I don't know of any DVC discounts for other resorts. AP rates are usually released about 3 months in advance, but only for selected resorts and not at peak times. I doubt Art of Animation will be discounted for the foreseeable future because it's going to be in demand. The best place to check for discounts is MouseSavers. You can sign up for email updates.

Hi
Are there any other resorts apart from okw and akl tht will let 5 people sleep in a one bedroom. Having to reschedule my trip from august to either end sept into oct or mid oct to end. Complete orlando want to much amendment fee so just goin to loose the £400 deposit.
It wld be 3 kids 2 adults.
Does anyone know if i get any discount on disney rooms as a member or AP holder?wanted to try little mermaid room for 2 nights with dd.
Thankyou

If not already checked have a look at this Disney link for rooms for 5 or more guest at http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/planning-guides/in-depth-advice/groups/

The following web site usually list the current AP room discounts, but none yet for September-October, http://www.wdwinfo.com/discounts/discounts-ap.htm#bestrate

Currently, AP room discounts of up to 40% off are supposedly available for selected nights for stays through August 14, 2012. But not all resorts or dates are available.

And if not already done so you can register your AP on line and then log into the Pass-holder's web site where you can check out the latest offers, news, discounts and also make your reservation online at www.disneyworld.com/passholders

If it's a reservation using points then you are allowed 5 in all of the 1 BR villas but you have to supply your own bedding/linen for the 5th guest.

Really? That's useful information. Where does the fifth guest sleep? On a rollaway? Other than the newer units which are set up for five, I can't figure it out.

Really? That's useful information. Where does the fifth guest sleep? On a rollaway? Other than the newer units which are set up for five, I can't figure it out.

Yes, finding that information is not easy, it's not promoted where you would think it should be and even on the points charts is normally states a 1-bed sleeps 4.

But the best way to check it out is to make an online booking for 5 adults in a one bed at say The Beach Club or Saratoga Springs Resort, when it shows availability it states the following.........

Sleeps 4 – 5th guest can be accommodated, but must provide their own bedding and linens.

So on the floor or a blow up bed from Walmart.

So on the floor or a blow up bed from Walmart.
:rotfl:
Yeah, I guess that's it! When I think about SSR or BCV/BWV (and probably others which I haven't stayed at) I can't see any other option. I'm not sure that would be very suitable for anyone I'm likely to be travelling with, but it's definitely useful to know, especially for families travelling with kids. I suppose it's not really that much different to having the double and single sleepers in the living areas of OKW, AKL and BLT. Disney must be cottoning on to the fact that they can make money from allowing families of 5 to occupy units.

:rotfl:
Disney must be cottoning on to the fact that they can make money from allowing families of 5 to occupy units.

Yes, it all adds to their profits, but it only works in the 1-Beds when staying on points.

Don't think you can book with cash on the Disney UK site and request 5 in a 1-bed at SSR, BCV, BWV, VWL, but will be okay at OKW, AKL and BLT.

It also allows 9 guest when staying in a 2-bed on points at all the resorts, states...

Sleeps 8 – 9th guest can be accomodated, but must provide their own bedding and linens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter