sleep sofa in studio at BW. How comfortable are they?

Ed T

DVC Member/OKW 1993
We have only stayed in the studios at OKW with the two queen size beds. We are booked into BW for August in a studio. How comfortable are the sleep sofas? Do they have one of those typical very thin mattress where the center bar on the frame is running through the back of your back or are they a decent mattress?

Thanks,

Ed

hi Ed: i haven't personally slept on them, but my sons and daughter-in-law have. they are like you posted, thin mattress. they didn't think they were too uncomfortable though.

but I sleep one every night since I live in a studio. Granted, mine cost a fortune since its my "bed". Long gone are the days of the bar in the middle causing sleepness nights. Now the ones at BWV.....I can only hope they're comfortable.

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the THINKS you can think up, if only you try." Dr. Seuss

I slept on the sleeper sofa in BW, mother had back problems so she gets the bed. I have never had a problem with it being uncomfortable - of course we are in WDW so that may be the difference.

My niece and nephew when we had a 2-bedroom at OKW slept on the sleeper sofa there and if it was comfortable I am sure they would say so. They went right to sleep.

Ed, my brother is 6'3 and slept in the pullout and said it was pretty comfortable. We've had other friends over 6 feet stay in them, and they also didn't have a problem.

I think it depends on the pull-out. I slept on one in a 1 bedroom and it was just fine! Then I slept on one in a studio and it was thin and you could feel the support bars. So I took it off the "springs" and put it directly on the floor and that helped.

Friends have brought along an air mattress to set on the (thin) mattress--said it worked great!
Snoop

I slept on one in September and it was definitely one of the better sleeper sofas I've encountered.

goofy11a.gif

DIS VA meet 1/21/01
DIS NYC meet 2/11/01

Offsite '77, '79, '85, '90, '96, '99, '00, '01 May 10-13 2001
Disneyland '77, '97
BW Inn June '98
DVC Hilton Head, All Star Sports March 2000
DVC BWV Sept and Oct '00 May 13-18 2001
Animal Kingdom Lodge May 18-20 2001
Disneyana Convention Sept. '01

We have slept on the BW sleeper sofas more than once and found them just wonderful. We have two different sleeper sofas in our home, and the BW ones are far superior.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter