Sleep Park & Fly rates

nervous1sttimer

DIS Veteran
I was originally looking into Sleep Park & Fly before our January trip a few months ago, and rates were $85-100/night. Now I went to actually book something and the rates are $90-120/night. Should I wait for them to go back down or is it standard for them to increase the closer you are to travel?

Also, I am debating the $90 Americas Best Value Inn vs the $120 Marriott in Romulus before our flight out of DTW, if anyone has any specific experience with either of those options. The Marriott has a pool - I don't know if that is worth $30?

Typically, as the rooms start to sell through, prices start to rise for the remaining rooms. Hard to say if prices will continue to rise, or will drop
If you can book a refundable rate right now at this price I would do it, then keep checking back frequently. Cancel and rebook as needed if the prices drop.
This is the same strategy that you may have seen suggested here for booking rental cars.

BTW: we always book the cheapest option if we are booking a Park and Fly, since we generally arrive mid to late day (day before flight) and fly out on an early flight the next morning. No sense paying for amenities that you're probably not going to use, just need somewhere to get a half decent nights sleep. I don't know about you but we never sleep well the day before our flight (anticipation I guess) regardless of which hotel we are staying in or even if we are leaving from our own city and sleeping in our own bed.

Last edited:
We've not used Park and Fly down there, but have used it in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. I agree with nacho, that the prices will probably increase. I usually just go for the cheapest place since, like nacho, we arrive in the evening and leave early in the morning. You could try looking at/using a hotel discount site.....don't think I can post a link to the one I use most often...can I even post it's name???? Just make sure you read all of the fine print for the hotel (whether you use a discount site or not). Some hotels add on a small fee (still cheaper than parking in the airport lot) for the service of keeping your vehicle there. Also, when you check in, go in prepared with your car's make/model/plate# as they will want it for their records.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter