Sleep Deprived EEG in DD

DisneyGirl07

Earning My Ears
Good Morning,

I was hoping for some advice/shared experiences. My DD4.5 is scheduled for a sleep deprived EEG in a few weeks. I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with this or advice on how to make this easy on her. I know it will not be painfull but still might be somewhat scary for her. Also, how did you manage to keep your kid up the night before?

Thank you for your responces.

My daughter had one several months ago, she was 2ish when hers was done. I took her to walmart later at night, after 10 pm, and we went through the toy aisle playing with things. She was allowed to sleep from 12-4 at which point DH woke up and let her play in the bathtub for a good long time and then took her to watch some TV. It was surprisingly easier than we thought it would be. I woke up at 6 so we could get our daughters ready for school and then we drove to the hospital. That was a 30 minute drive, so I had new toys to try and keep her awake. She slept less than 30 minutes of her EEG, so we were a tad concerned about that, but at this point we aren't concerned about her having any more seizures (her seizures were after her TBI and Stroke).

SoonerSarah,

Thank you so much for posting your experience. It gave me some good ideas on how to keep her awake. I appreciate you taking the time to respond and I wish you and your family the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter