SL swiming pool

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board' started by Isila, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Isila

Isila There is a big beautiful tomorrow

Do they provide towels at swimming pool or do I bring my own?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. daiseyirl

daiseyirl DIS Veteran

They have towels there but you have to pay for them think it was €2. We just took the towels from our room.

4. Isila

Thanks, good to know in advance. How many towels are there in the room? Can I ask for extra?

5. tennisfan

tennisfan <font color=blue>Was told off for sliding down the Moderator

I think its standard for 2 bath towels & 2 hand towels. You can ask for extra

6. daiseyirl

daiseyirl DIS Veteran

We got 4 bath towels , not sure how many hand towel...

7. Isila

I would need 3 for swimming pool. Not willing to pay extra for towels.

8. Christieand

Christieand Mouseketeer

I think there were 4 bath towels in our room, because it was a room for 4 people. We definitely had at least 3 because we went swimming and took the towels from our room and had one each.

9. aobh

aobh Princess Cinderella's mum

Sorry for hijacking your thread Isila :blush: but am I right in thinking that SL pool is 5 ft deep all round with no shallow end? I am the only non-swimmer on our trip and I don't want to miss out on all of the fun. Is there somewhere I can sit and watch the rest of the family or is there a separate jacuzzi that I will be able to sit in close by the main pool? Although we have stayed in SL twice before we have never used the pool and we want to try it out :goodvibes

10. Christieand

Christieand Mouseketeer

Yes, you are right in thinking that there is no shallow end to the pool. However there is a jacuzzi and there are sun lounger type things by the side of the pool that you can sit on :)

11. tennisfan

tennisfan <font color=blue>Was told off for sliding down the Moderator

Do you not have to get in the pool to get to the jacuzzi? All I can remember is access via the pool, could be mistaken though

12. Christieand

Christieand Mouseketeer

I'm not entirely sure, I know you have to get out of the pool to get in to the jacuzzi, but I don't know if you can just get in to the jacuzzi without going in to the pool...if that makes sense?

13. daiseyirl

daiseyirl DIS Veteran

Yes you need to get in the pool to get to the jacuzzie. They is plenty of those aeroboard float things if you could use one of them to paddle over to it , its only a a short bit . How tall are you? Im 5'4 and i could reach the floor of the pool. You could walk by the wall over maybe???

14. sky13

sky13 Mouseketeer

Also slightly off topic (apologies) but was wondering if the SL pool tends to get very crowded - is there a particular time of day I should avoid?

15. aobh

aobh Princess Cinderella's mum

I am only 5' 2".. if the pool is 5' i'd be up to my ears!! I will bring my costume in hope that there is a way of getting into the jacuzzi without going through the pool.. if not i can sit on a lounger and watch everyone else! Thanks everyone for your help :goodvibes

16. Isila

Such a shame... DS1 loves jacuzzi and now he won't get a chance :worried: I can't swim nor can he.. And we've got the little one with us too. w'll use the baby pool

17. daiseyirl

daiseyirl DIS Veteran

Isila, i can swim but i didnt do much swimming!! I use float around the pool with one of the aeroboard float things (i dont know the proper name for them lol!).

As for the kids i brought arm bands from home with us and i brought a baloon pump that i got in euro world for ¬2 to inflate them. Dd2 can swim but she still worn them as i felt happier with the water been so deep.

the baby pool is just a splash pool its not worth getting changed for tbh, i never seen anyone in it. Even familys with babies had them in the big pool with floate devices of some kind.

18. Isila

My kids like that baby pool. They were very happy in it in HNY, I coudn't get them out! But DS1 liked jacuzzi a lot. DS2 doesn't like jacuzzi at all. Deep pools are scary for them, they won't put a toe in those. We'll make the best out of it and have our fun.