Sky writing over disney

I understand that - but ....

Just cuz you (not you-you) say it's okay - ignore it, it's something that really ruffles my feathers when people SAY 'its okay, ignore it' more then the writing itself.

Its really not okay - because as previously mentioned - there's things that wouldnt be okay to be writing - Kwim?

Failure-to-Communicate.jpg

Nice try, Robo. But you know that once that can of worms is open...ain't NUTHIN' gonna seal it shut, save an act of Congress (or a mod).

Oh, sure. Now you have to bring politics into it. ;)

Why not? We brought Congress into the whole Roger Clemens thing, and they have no place there, either. I say we bring Congress into everything...don't like the new DDP? Congressional Hearings!
I could go on and on...

EVOLVE, people! (Didja see what I did right there? Little Darwinist humor? We're cookin' with fire now!)

Last I heard there is still a thing called "Free Speech" in the U.S.A. He isn't forcing anything down your throat. He isn't forcing you to read the message. It is in the public just like any other billboard, advertisment, etc. A little sky writing isn't violating any of your rights.

Good points. However, if the message said "Support Satan" or something pro-abortion, do you honestly think that it would be allowed to stay up for long without a fuss? Definitely not. Once again, it looks like a double standard to me. :confused3

Why not? We brought Congress into the whole Roger Clemens thing, and they have no place there, either. I say we bring Congress into everything...don't like the new DDP? Congressional Hearings!
I could go on and on...

EVOLVE, people! (Didja see what I did right there? Little Darwinist humor? We're cookin' with fire now!)

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Can I agree with both of you? Just because we HAVE free speech does not mean we SHOULD abuse it. I think our society has forgotten something about tact and taste in all the noise.

And I'll add, it's not just the kinds of ads you list - it's all ads. Everywhere I go I'm bombarded with ads now! I can't even pump my gas or get my luggage at the airport in peace! It's just NOISE NOISE NOISE! After a while you just tune it out.

If some guy wants to skyright his religion, sure, he CAN - but it's not tasteful. I don't get offended, but it isn't exactly making me want to emulate his value system either....;) I just prefer my religion in a more tasteful manner.

Great points! I agree! :thumbsup2

Wow, talk about the flames jumping up within seconds. I was merely stating my opinion as did others who were saying how great this ir or asking why it bothers people to begin with. No need to start an all out religion debate. We all know that isn't going anywhere.

Okay, no more off-topic now. :)

I honestly thought that the skywriter was finished. I thought I had read that he was only doing this for a short period of time.

I honestly thought that the skywriter was finished. I thought I had read that he was only doing this for a short period of time.

No. This is a full-time gig sponsored by the Church to counter the subliminal Satanic messages hidden throughout the Disney industry.

:rolleyes: Its called 'Ruining My Pictures!!!"

If Jesus loves me so much, why is he letting My Skywriter sabotage my gorgeous shots with his ridiculous writings.

And quite frankly - I know who loves me - I dont need Mr Skywriter to remind me, when Im trying to take a picture!

Im quite certain Jesus is aware of how much I adore Disney and is actually annoyed at Mr Skywriter as well, for upsetting me. :rolleyes1

On any given day, he doesn't do his sky writing for more than about a half hour. On most days, the letters blow away almost immediately. Why not aim your camera in a different direction for a few minutes?

Not offfended - seriously. Annoyed. Much, much annoyed. He ruins my pictures - daily. I personally dont want happy faces, or Jesus loves you, in my pictures. Annoyed. Big time.

I agree. Is LONG LIVE SATAN, cool too? SELL YOUR SOUL TO THE DEVIL, alright? How about PARTY ON, WAYNE & GARTH? Freedom of speech my butt...

Not offended. Truly annoyed. My scenic pictures have ridiculous saying's in sky - and Im tired of Photoshopping them out.

It took me a minute to decide whether or not you were serious with this post but then I saw you repeat the same thing again so I assume you are. You think the police/military/government should step in and remove some guy from expressing himself in a lawful manner because it ruins your photos? :lmao: Well, the old lady who insisted on seeing Pooh at the same time as I did ruined my mother's photo because she wanted one with Pooh and I alone back in 1982. Does that mean that she should have been kicked out of the park or better yet, arrested? You're being ridiculous, in my opinion.

I could care less if it said "Long live Satan" or "The sky is green". If it's not hate speech and the person is expressing themselves in a lawful way, then who cares?

Look! An *S* form the notortious MR Skywriter....

An S! Oh the horror of it all. :scared1:

It took me a minute to decide whether or not you were serious with this post but then I saw you repeat the same thing again so I assume you are. You think the police/military/government should step in and remove some guy from expressing himself in a lawful manner because it ruins your photos? :lmao: Well, the old lady who insisted on seeing Pooh at the same time as I did ruined my mother's photo because she wanted one with Pooh and I alone back in 1982. Does that mean that she should have been kicked out of the park or better yet, arrested? You're being ridiculous, in my opinion.

I could care less if it said "Long live Satan" or "The sky is green". If it's not hate speech and the person is expressing themselves in a lawful way, then who cares?

An S! Oh the horror of it all. :scared1:

Agian - annoys me. Everyone has their own peeves, and personally - this is mine. Its uncalled for, IMO.

And lawfull or not - Disney made themselves a no-fly zone, and this clown is getting around that with his giant letters apparently made in Kissimee. Lawfull - fine. Its still not (IMO) what Disney wants.

And where did I talk about the military stepping in??

It. Annoys. Me.

On any given day, he doesn't do his sky writing for more than about a half hour. On most days, the letters blow away almost immediately. Why not aim your camera in a different direction for a few minutes?

In that one picture I posted, he has several lines of text.

I shouldnt have to turn my camera away.

And this is not directed to you - but rather Mr Skywriter: Not everyone believes in Jesus - and shouldnt have to see your views when theyre on vacation with their family.

Why should I, or anyone else have to 'look away' - this is in the view of just about all the Disney Parks. This isnt sponsored by Disney and I shouldnt have to be subjected to it. I paid to be at Disney - not read Jesus messages.

Not sure if Disney is still a no-fly zone. Was at Epcot tonight and while having dinner ar the Rose&Crown, there was a plane with a banner advertising a Saloon that is now open. There was also several helicopters flying right over head.

Also found this online....
From "Walt Disney on Faith, Church, Bible Study, Prayer & God" on Disney Dreamer website (v. 29 April 2005):

...I am personally thankful that my parents taught me at a very early age to have a strong personal belief and reliance in the power of prayer for Divine inspiration. My people were members of the Congregational Church in our home town of Marceline, Missouri. It was there where I was first taught the efficacy of religion... how it helps us immeasurably to meet the trial and stress of life and keeps us attuned to the Divine inspiration... Deeds rather than words express my concept of the part religion should play in everyday life. I have watched constantly that in our movie work the highest moral and spiritual standards are upheld, whether it deals with fable or with stories of living action. This religious concern for the form and content of our films goes back 40 years to the rugged financial period in Kansas City when I was struggling to establish a film company and produce animated fairy tales. Many times during those difficult years, even as we turned out Alice in Cartoonland and later in Hollywood the first Mickey Mouse, we were under pressure to sell out or debase the subject matter or go "commercial" in one way or another. But we stuck it out... Both my study of Scripture and my career in entertaining children have taught me to cherish them... Thus, whatever success I have had in bringing clean, informative entertainment to people of all ages, I attribute in great part to my Congregational upbringing and my lifelong habit of prayer...
[Quoted from Roland Gammon's book] Faith is a Star, New York E. P. Dutton & Co. 1963. Roland Gammon went on a search of famous people for content on his 1963 book about prayer... Walt Disney wrote the article above for this publication. Walt Disney held deep personal beliefs. Elias Disney (Walt's Dad) was a deacon and named Walt after the family minister Walter Parr. (St. Paul Congregational Church in Chicago) Walt's brother Herbert had a daughter named Dorothy and she married a minister, Glenn Puder. It was at Walt's request that the Reverend Puder delivered the invocation at Disneyland's grand opening on July 17, 1955. Represented at the dedication were Catholic, Jewish and Protestant faiths.

I don't think Walt would have minded at all....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter