Sky Auction Question RE: Winning

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by Jane E., Feb 12, 2008.

1. Jane E.

Jane E. DIS Veteran

After reading all the great Sky Auction postings, I've won a Room and Board auction.:banana: I've followed the directions and checked off which restaurant certificate I want on the fulfillment page. However, I don't see any place to secure my reservation for our stay. On the bid page the directions say that once the bid is won I am to contact rci directly. At that site I need a certificate #. How long does it take to get a certificate #? Is there something else I need to be doing or do I just wait to hear from SkyAuction? I really don't want to mess this up.:confused3 I am ready to book. Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Jane E.

Jane E. DIS Veteran

I received an email from Skyauction to book and confirm my trip today. :thumbsup2 Just in time to settle my post auction jitters.

4. lpol

lpol Earning My Ears

That's great! We also booked our stay through Sky Auction for May. It can't come quick enough!!!

5. Jane E.

Jane E. DIS Veteran

Have a great trip, Ipol!

6. TinkerBellToo2

TinkerBellToo2 Edward Cullen You Can Dazzle Me Anytime

Can someone tell me about Sky Auction.....How does it work

What is with the surcharges?

If I was to win a bid say for 50.00 per day and then they add on 32.00 for something and then another 15-20.00 for surcharges I would really be paying 92.00 per night is this right?

I am so confused>>>>>>>>>>>

7. Jane E.

Jane E. DIS Veteran

Tinkerbell, on my winning auction there were two other fees added. In addition to my winning auction price was a tax/service charge ($195) and a processing fee ($20). I did my bidding on a weekly auction because the total charge for a week seemed much more reasonable plus we needed a condo instead of just a hotel room.

Have fun planning your trip!:wizard:

8. lawgs

lawgs DIS Veteran

some of the tax service charges on auctions are 295 then the 20 processing fee

make sure to read the fine print with the auctions you are bidding on...