Skull Island: Reign of Kong

I don't know if this ride will need EP. Each vehicle holds 72 people. That's a lot of people per ride! Let's crunch some numbers:

If the ride is 9 minutes long and takes 1 minute to offload/reload, then each vehicle can process 720 people per hour. If there are 5 vehicles running (assuming no vehicle break downs), then that's 3,600 people per hour. That's double what RRR can handle per hour! If the ride is shorter than 9 minutes, then they'll be able to move even more people. Anyone know how long this ride will be?

I don't know if this ride will need EP. Each vehicle holds 72 people. That's a lot of people per ride! Let's crunch some numbers:

If the ride is 9 minutes long and takes 1 minute to offload/reload, then each vehicle can process 720 people per hour. If there are 5 vehicles running (assuming no vehicle break downs), then that's 3,600 people per hour. That's double what RRR can handle per hour! If the ride is shorter than 9 minutes, then they'll be able to move even more people. Anyone know how long this ride will be?

Sorry, the CPA in me, I don't think it changes the drift, but if it is running 72 people every 10 minutes, that is 432 per hour. 5 vehicles = 2160 people per hour. Therefore, just over what RRR is currently handling.

Sorry, the CPA in me, I don't think it changes the drift, but if it is running 72 people every 10 minutes, that is 432 per hour. 5 vehicles = 2160 people per hour. Therefore, just over what RRR is currently handling.
Sorry, my original thought pattern was 5 minute ride with 1 minute changeover, which works to my 720. When you get interrupted 15 times while trying to make one post, it's impossible to keep your thoughts on track. Yes, your math is right for the 10 minute. Any idea how long the ride will be? Then we can crunch numbers together more accurately.

damo reported earlier in the thread that it would be over six minutes long, as good as we have right now to go on. So, assuming an 8 minute turnaroud - roughly 2,700 riders per hour.

I hope either this ride or FJ ends up with Express Pass!!!!

Kong looks like an awesome MMO dungeon, sadly our annual passes ran out, but we will most likely invest in WDW Annual passes this year :love:

I will be at Islands for my son's fifth grade field trip on May 26. What are the odds they will be doing softs by then? I'm sure the group of fifth graders would absolutely LOVE to check this out.

I will be at Islands for my son's fifth grade field trip on May 26. What are the odds they will be doing softs by then? I'm sure the group of fifth graders would absolutely LOVE to check this out.

Reading other sites and rumours, you stand a very good chance of softs well before that date.........

Hope you're lucky........come back and tell us if you are!!!

Wow, May 1st is Sunday already; CAN'T WAIT to hear from those going Mid May if there are softs!:dance3: HOPING!:wizard:

OK, I am officially worried...we leave in six weeks 6/11 - 6/19, I have felt like we are good for softs. HOWEVER, to the veterans out there, what is the history of the lead time on major attractions announced vs. opening? June 23, the rumored opening date, is 8 weeks away, is this late in the game or am I just excited/paranoid?

Well soft openings will happen before the projected opening

It can take time to work out any kinks that may be way before official opening

Time will tell when they do the first set of trial runs for the ride

Then it could be down for awhile to correct any issue they find
Then more trial runs again

Have no idea of how early this will all take but you can google the last past rides in length it time from last soft opening until opened to all

Reading other sites and rumours, you stand a very good chance of softs well before that date.........

Hope you're lucky........come back and tell us if you are!!!

How early in May? I'll be there the second week and would love to be able to try and ride it since I have no idea when I'll be back.

Yes, sorry......nothing official just strong rumours of early May for softs........

I'll be there 5/5 so I'm crossing my fingers...

I've read that softs could start next week, but also read that there was a setback during testing this week so who knows.

For those asking questions about soft openings, they tend to be unpredictable. Just because they're letting guests ride one day doesn't mean you'll be able to ride the next, or even during different time periods within the same day. Often times they'll let guests ride for a while then shut down for hours and/or days to fix any "issues" they notice during operation. So while the soft opening could be as early as next week, there's certainly a good chance that you won't be able to ride at any given time between the soft open and official open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter