Skipping TS

Have you looked at menus and compared things you would actually WANT to eat in QS and TS locations?
Whether or not you are missing out is totally subjective, there are pros and contras in both directions, But, if you knew you were getting QS you actually wanted to eat (rather than just because it's a cheap option - there are a lot of different options if you look) then I bet you wouldn't feel you were missing out. Conversely, if you look at some of the TS, you might find that what you really want is an app, or a not headline dish, in which case, if the experience also appeals, then, it's a different outcome.

We like TS at least once a day at Disney because it's a break from running around. Generally speaking, I really enjoy eating out - that's a big part of vacation for me. Good food, an adult beverage or two, and down time.

That said - I will not do the dining plan (as has been brought up in this thread) because it's just too much food. If I'm not overly hungry, I usually enjoy a salad and an appetizer, or my dd and I might split an entree. (DD also goes through stages where she'll either be eating like a bird or eating anything that isn't tied down, so sometimes it's chicken nuggets kids meal, sometimes it's soup and an adult steak meal and dessert). If there's nothing on the dessert menu (most non-sig restaurants) that's interesting, we'll maybe just get ice cream or another treat later but we don't want to be tied into getting sides/desserts at a TS place.

Our trip in June we did 3 TS. One was for DD's bday (Garden Grill that she requested). I would have been happy doing no TS. It was so nice not being tied to a schedule. When dd was younger we did more TS just to take a break and get some down time. Now that she is 15 she wants to do more (although that means we are getting older and the downtime could be a plus for us :rolleyes1). Grabbing a QS works great for us. Plus there's really no TS that wow us anymore. We also tend to snack more so sometimes don't even do a QS. I think it's really about the experience you want. Dining used to be an experience for us - not so much anymore.

We have free dining in September staying at POP. Originally I upgraded to table service, but then when I looked at all of the TS restaurants I found there were none I was really interested in, besides some of the signatures. And I don't want to have to use two credits for them. So I went back to QS only. I have found that there is a lot more variety now than in years past, used to seem that most places had a choice of chicken nuggets or a cheeseburger! We love Sunshine Seasons at EP and Flame Tree at AK.

That said, we do have a couple casual TS meals planned, Sunday at ESPN Club for week one Eagles game, and either Rainforest or Yak and Yeti with our Landry's birthday credit. And House of Blues in Disney Springs. (These are mostly scheduled for second half of the trip when we move to Saratoga on rented points and no free dining). We keep the cost down by sharing, or I may order just a salad while DH orders a sandwich. I don't like to eat too much while there, especially when walking around afterwards in the September heat and humidity!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter