Skinny as Minnie is the GOAL!

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by barrentinesluvmickey, Jun 19, 2012.

?

When do you crave sweets the most?

1. Mid day

2. After a meal

3. That time or your wife's time

4. ALL THE TIME

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. barrentinesluvmickey

barrentinesluvmickey Once a Disney Family Always a Disney Family

One of our salesman is a rep and does Advocare. I was talking to him about doing the 10 day cleanse but I hear some much about the 24 day Challenge but I am worried about pricing too.... Gotta save $!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tinker'n'Fun

Tinker'n'Fun <font color=purple>"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie"

It is all about learning - 1000 calories it too low. Don't go below 1200 or you will starve your body and it will hold onto the fat. Have you tried myfitnesspal.com. It has a great forum board and allows you to put in your food and get great information re: calories, fat, sodium, whatever YOU want to track.

As for sour cream, always purchase the low fat version and get a scale to weigh everything. Nothing should be eliminated, just eaten in proportion to what it is. One small dark chocolate dove will help with a sugar craving and is a good option for some people. Others totally remove sugar from their diet.

It is key to keep your water intake HIGH!!!! Good luck, and you can visit the WISH boards and will be received with tons of responses and support over there.

4. amandaluvsgoofy

amandaluvsgoofy DIS Veteran

AdvoCare allows you to buy products at retail (at a higher price, obviously) or at a membership wholesale price (kinda like signing up for a Sam's or Costco membership) where you can save anywhere from 20%-40% off products!!

The way I see it, you're spending $7.50 a day with the 24-Day Challenge which includes the Cleanse kit, ALL of your supplement needs (including Omegas), meal replacement shakes (the chocolate tastes like a shake, soooo good!!), and Spark (which replaces your coffee, tea, Red Bull, etc). So it really isn't a bad deal when you compare what you'd be spending anyway.

Before my husband and I did it, he was concerned about the cost as well. Then I had to ask him what his health is worth to him. Now that we've done it and had such incredible results, the cost is no question. We're actually going to start it again in July! If you sign up we could all do it together and be each other's accountability buddies!! :idea:

Message me and I'll give you more info about it!

5. amandaluvsgoofy

THIS!! :thumbsup2 I know tons of people who try to keep their calories super low and it is so dangerous (and doesn't work in the long run)! When DH and I did the Challenge I felt like I was eating all day long. BUT, I was eating the right kind of foods. Again y'all, send me a message if you want to learn more about what and how we ate!

6. Marsheliz

Marsheliz DIS Veteran

I would suggest trying Weight Watchers. I started it June 9th and went from 170 to 163 as of Monday. :) Its been super easy. All you do is keep track of points. I had a baby in September and havent been the same since.

7. Ariel8676

Ariel8676 DIS Veteran

Ok i just typed out a long post and for some reason it didn't go through..lol ahhhhh
    OK quick version (kind of..lol)..you can't eat too many calories and you can't go too low. Don't let yourself get too hungry, because then you will over eat... snack...unsalted peanuts and raisins or an apple with natural ( lowest sodium) peanut butter. Water, water and more water..if you need carbonation drink seltzer and add a lemon or lime. No soda, it is not good even in the smallest amounts.
    Make up sweet potato's and grilled chicken ahead of time and put in fridge..no excuse for eating bad, because you can grab and go. Salad with fat free (no creamy dressing) dressing or oil and vinegar. Steamed or grilled veggies are great with any meal. If you want pasta or rice make it whole wheat or brown rice. Whole wheat pasta is great with grape tomatoes, garlic, and a little olive oil. (saute garlic in oil, add tomato's..and any other veggie you might like.. and toss it with the pasta)
    You need protein (it will help you to stay fuller longer)..have eggs in the morning, or special K protein plus cereal with skim milk. Chicken, either grilled or baked.
    Fish is great..just switch from butter to something like I can't believ its not butter.
    NO artificial sweetners (just my opinion but they are no good for you).
    You need to get in at least 30 minutes of cardio a day..if you can't do everyday make your goal 5 days a week.
    myfitnesspal.com is a great website, you can keep track of your food and calories and weight...there are also forums.
    Good luck and congrats on making changes!!!

* i wanted to add that you should have breakfast withing an hour of waking up!!!! Also i see that you are eating a lot of cheese (breakfast and lunch) be careful with that..it is not going to keep you full for long. You would be better off with eggs for breakfast and then a low fat mozzerella stick with your snack.

8. AshleeH

AshleeH DIS Veteran

I'll share my experience and chime in every so often (I don't do well with the daily check-ins for my diet - I do better for weekly).

I'm 5'7" and the last five years I've gained a lot of weight (for me). Totaling in around 40+ pounds. I've tried Weight Watchers (which did work, but didn't stick), Nutrisystem (a bust), and I nearly signed up for Jenny Craig before I got the cost even after all their "specials" that they advertise so much.

So at my biggest (186.4 pounds), I kept fluctuating around and I finally went to bed one night, absolutely stressed out with how much I had gained (twice!). This was Christmas night (six months ago) - I woke up the next morning and what I now call my "switch" flipped on.

I started really paying attention to my body, not eating when I was just mildly hungry, watching portions and (my favorite trick) whenever I sit back and take a deep break - happens every meal! - stop eating! This is your body's way of telling you you're full and most people don't listen - they take that breath and they keep eating until they're stuffed.

I also started walking when the weather warmed up and I would wake up before everyone else and walk before my husband had to be at work (usually about 4.5 or 6 miles).

Six months in and I've been successful - but not as quickly as I had hoped. I've lost 18 pounds, but I hit a plateau a month ago and I've been fluctuating between 16-18 lost. This week I went off the diet and pigged out (intentionally) because I always start back with more resolve when I do that. I couldn't even last the week - after three days, I was completely back on my diet and I've started fresh. I hope my pigging out doesn't affect the scale too much on Monday, but my goal is to be 135 by mid-2013 and I'm in the high 160s now.

9. Dancing Queen

Dancing Queen Mouseketeer

Weight Watchers worked for me too. Joined in Feb and am down 26 pounds! I was calorie counting prior to joining and found the points much easier. Now I just have to lose the last 3 pounds.

OP - If you are watching calories, I agree 1200 should be your daily goal. Stick with it. There are days that I just want to eat everything I see but I stop myself.

Have a great trip:)

10. drinkme

drinkme DIS Veteran

Have you seen the show "Weight of the Nation" I think it's on HBO. Anyway, there is a book out with the same name by the producers of the show. The book is very interesting that it talks about how hard it is for people to lose weight (of course). It says that obese people have to eat alot less calories than normal weight people just to maintain. Anyway, you would have to read it to understand it completely. But one of the things I took out of the book is that you basically have to eliminate completely & forever certain things from your diet. Things like sodas, fast foods, candy, etc. It's almost like a drug addict who can't have just that one fix. Also, it said that while exercise in your daily life is important, you won't lose the weight with regular exercise (they talk about Biggest Loser type exercise is NOT regular exercise). It's says the only way to lose the weight is to drop the calories. And those people who are most successful keep a food diary.

Have you been to Sparks People website? That is a good site for tracking calories and exercise.

Also, I noticed that Bob Harper from Biggest Loser has a new book coming out. It's called something like Skinny Secrets. I'm sure there won't be anything new in his book (reduce calories & increase exercise), but I'm going to read it.

Good luck in your weight lose journey. You have many of us going through it with you!

11. starbound25

starbound25 Mouseketeer

I agree with many of the other posters.

You need at least 1200 cals a day.

A great website (along with some others mentioned) for tracking your food is
    loseit.com thats what I used and once I started it really helped me stay on track and lose weight.
    You put in all your info and then say what your goal weight is and then how many lbs a week you want to lose (shoot for 1-2 more than that is unrealistic) and it will say "to weigh X you need to eat X calories a day" and will give you a "goal" date
    I started in late Feb. and have lost 20lbs. I have 5 more to go to my goal.

Eating is 80-90% of your weight loss success. You do also need to work out. I workout 5-6 days a week. Just walking. I hate all exercise but I will walk. Mostly on my treadmill. I have now added weights back into my program.

I also try to eat as clean as possible. Nothing processed. A great book to read on that is Clean Eating by Tosca Reno. I will have a handful of chocolate teddy grahms after dinner as my treat ;) that is probably the one processed food I eat.

It is hard but once you change to a LIFESTYLE not a DIET than you can get on track.

Cutting all that junky food out of your system is hard and takes time. One day at a time and dont worry if it doesnt come off overnight just keep going.

I also allow myself a "treat" meal every sunday. Whatever I want as long as its just a meal not a DAY of treats :)

12. amandaluvsgoofy

I think with most of us here, we've tried different things until we found what works (and some are still searching! :thumbsup2)

Most of the programs that have been mentioned here are in my past attempts (WW, Spark People website, track my own meals/calories, etc). But no matter how much I initially lost, the weight either came straight back or I plateaued. And I used to be obsessed with working out (treadmill six days a week, weights 2-3 times per week). Again, no matter what I did, I couldn't get down to the size I wanted! :headache:

Once I discovered AdvoCare, the weight seem to come off! I didn't bother to count calories (I have a 2-year old and a couple of part time jobs, so no time for that). I just ate "clean" and ate whenever I was hungry! Never once did I feel hungry or frustrated! I have also knocked down my working out (practice yoga 3 days a week, walk/jog on the treadmill 2x a week, mild weights 2x a week). And I'll say it again, I am down to a real size 4!!!!

For those who don't like the thought of exercising, or being a gym rat, find an activity that you like! Walking, biking, gardening, yoga (which became my new passion!), etc. That way you don't feel like you're working out. It is important to get your heart rate up for better cardiovascular health. Again, if you don't feel like you're working out it will be so much better!

I wish everyone the best of luck on the journey to better fitness! Even if you aren't at the size, weight, look you want, just getting to a healthier point is wonderful! Stay the course everyone!!:goodvibes