Size of cabin on Dream vs Magic/Wonder

Mamiamjo

"M-I-C... S-E"
I am looking at booking a cruise on the Dream and was trying to compare cabin sizes.
The last DCL cruise, we had a cat4 Deluxe Family Stateroom w/verandah. I seem to recall that it was 304 sq ft (including verandah)?
Anyway, looking for a comparable sized cabin on the Dream I see a Deluxe Family w/Verandah which is listed as 256 sq ft including the verandah. Are these the correct sizes? If so, it appears to me that these cabins are substantially smaller than the Dream/Wonder.
Is there a listing anywhere that compares the size of the cabins?
Thanks,

Actually on the Dream, the 256 square feet is without the verandah. I don't know where you looked for the square footage, but there was one place that erroneously said the square footage included the verandah. All of the cabin sizes they've given for the Dream are the room only, not including the verandah. (On the magic, the basic verandah room size was the same as the outside cabins at 214 square feet.)

Actually on the Dream, the 256 square feet is without the verandah. I don't know where you looked for the square footage, but there was one place that erroneously said the square footage included the verandah. All of the cabin sizes they've given for the Dream are the room only, not including the verandah. (On the magic, the basic verandah room size was the same as the outside cabins at 214 square feet.)

I got that right from the "DCL" website when looking to book a cruise (and it's also on Orbitz). below was copy/pasted right from Disney Cruise website.

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Category 04C Help
Sleeps: 4 or 5
Size: 256 sq. ft. including verandah
Deck: 7
View: Private verandah
Room Configuration: Queen-size bed or 2 twin beds, single convertible sofa, wall pull-down bed (in most) and upper berth pull-down bed, split bath with round tub and shower. $4,196.68 View Media Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Category 04C $3,496.00
Guest 1 Cruise Fare $1,159.00
Guest 2 Cruise Fare $1,159.00
Guest 3 Cruise Fare $589.00
Guest 4 Cruise Fare $589.00
Vacation Insurance (Optional) $236.00
Ground Transportation (Optional) $276.00
Government Taxes & Fees (Cruise) $ $188.68
Total Price $4,196.68

Are you saying that they have it listed incorrectly?

Here is how I think one can calculate balcony size looking at two adjacent rooms which are identical in size per published deck plans:

Room 6666 is a family ocean view without veranda listed at 241 square feet.

Room 6664 (immediately adjacent to 6666) is an ocean view with balcony listed at 203 square feet excluding the veranda. The 38 square feet difference is the balcony square footage.

So, I believe a family ocean view with balcony will be 256 square feet plus additional 38 square foot balcony for total size of about 294 square feet.

The Deluxe Family Oceanview staterooms on the Dream are 241 sq. ft. - and those do not have a verandah: http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/s...am-fantasy/deluxe-family-oceanview-stateroom/ Therefore, you can infer that the deluxe family oceanview cabins WITH verandah are at least 241 sq. ft. The web site also states they are 256 sq. ft. excluding the verandah: http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/s...uxe-family-oceanview-stateroom-with-verandah/

Good point about comparing to the Deluxe Famliy Oceanview.
I now see the web site states 256 sq ft excluding verandah on the page that was linked.
I was confused because their website ALSO states 256 sq. ft. Including Verandah. And this is on the actual booking page where I was looking to purchase my cruise.
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/reservations/customize?execution=e1s6 (You have to click on Staterooms w/Verandah because it opens up on inside staterooms)

You'd think they would correct this to help avoid confusion.

I had said that there was one place that had listed the dimensions incorrectly. I couldn't remember which page it was until you posted. It is on the booking page. I think it is incorrect there because the Magic and Wonder both have dimensions that include the verandah. I think the "boilerplate" language for that page is used for all 3 ships which is where the problem is. DCL is very slow in making these type of corrections on their website. (And usually, every correction they make causes a dozen other problems!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter