Six Flags Great Escape Lodge?

bigmama67

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if anyone has been there...tips? We bought a Living Social deal and are uber-excited (apart from the 4 hour drive). I hope it's more manageable than Great Wolf...we were a bit overwhelmed there and overspent on food. At least this deal includes breakfast and we are planning to hit the grocery store, but would love any other money-saving tips or just general impressions. Thanks!

My family has been there many times (we only live 15 minutes away so it's like a mini vacation). The Living Social deal is great, especially with breakfast included. I've never been to Great Wolf so I can't compare the two, but Great Escape is great. It's really nicely themed and not too big. The water park can get crowded (especially weekends) but it's generally really manageable. As far as food goes there are only a couple options on-site. There is a restaurant called Tall Tales but we've never eaten there. We never cared to spend the money. There is a counter service eatery in the water park plus there is also a Johnny Rockets on site (a tip: if you sign up for Johnny Rockets email club you can get some great coupons for freebies).

The town of Queensbury is just to he south. You'll find supermarkets, restaurants and big box stores. To the north is Lake George which is beautiful. There are shops, restaurants, arcades, etc. it's only a five minute drive.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!

I have also been there with my 9 yo son. There are restaurants all around and we hit a pizza place that was much more reasonable than what is available on site. We also grabbed some coupons in the lobby and went to an arcade/roller rink/tube playing/go cart racing place. We had a ball there! I would recommend a high floor to avoid stomping feet on the ceiling-kids are everywhere and they are not conscious of stomping feet, so we got the top floor.

We have stayed at the Six Flags Great Escape Lodge a few times. My kids (ages 5, 8 and 9) love it there! Hope you have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter