Site 308, June 7-18, 2009

Discussion in 'Camping at Disney World' started by gillenkl, Jul 3, 2009.

1. gillenkl

gillenkl DIS Veteran

our site backed up to a playground and the dog park. It was a pretty quiet loop. Site was small but fine for us since we have a popup. We do miss the shade since the trees were all cut back and we were pretty full sun all day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DaveInTN

DaveInTN I'm Not The Castle Guy

Thanks for posting the pics! It is a shame about how the vegetation looks chopped up and we lost so much shade...but I have faith that the new plantings will eventually fill in and the Fort will be better than ever.

4. Shan-man

Shan-man ¿sɐɯʇsıɹɥɔ lıʇ, sʎɐp ʎuɐɯ ʍoH

Thanks for sharing... would you mind if I put some of your pictures in my GoogleEarth Site Map?

TIA
    :santa:

5. gillenkl

gillenkl DIS Veteran

sure you can use them - no problem

6. kaguilbeau

kaguilbeau DIS Veteran

In looking at this site, it looks like your pop-up is pushed all the way to the end of the concrete pad - and the picnic table is on the sand pad. With your van parked infront of the pop-up, it appears to take up the rest of the concrete pad up to the road.

If this is correct, I don't see how I'll have room for my 27' 5th wheel, a tent on the tent pad and a F250 without sticking out in the road.

Only thing I remember about our stay 5 years ago in 300 loop was that DH had a heck of a time manuevering into our site. He isn't one that handles stressful situations like that very well!

EDITED: Corrected that the van does appear to have room before the end of the concrete pad. Not sure how much.

7. gillenkl

gillenkl DIS Veteran

Your statements about our setup on this site are correct. We were all the way back to the sand without putting the tires on the sand. We had 2 feet in front of our van but if we were all the way up - the golf cart wouldn't fit very well. The larger rigs I saw had their vehicles across the front of their site sideways - in other words, they couldn't fit on the pad parked directly in front of their trailer.

8. Shan-man

Shan-man ¿sɐɯʇsıɹɥɔ lıʇ, sʎɐp ʎuɐɯ ʍoH

Thanks, the updated version is now posted!

:santa:

9. Labdog

Labdog Earning My Ears

We were in site 329 june 6-14, I remember your cart rolling past. What did ya think of the skeeters ?

10. liv luvs disney

liv luvs disney DIS Veteran

Every time I see pictures or read a TR, it intensifies my excitement by about 100%!:cool1:

11. gillenkl

gillenkl DIS Veteran

Holy crap - it was BAD!!!!! My daughter and I were riddled with bites but DH and DS had no bites. We've never experienced mosquitoes like that before. We couldn't even eat outside. I thought it was just us being wimps about nature.

12. Donna

Donna Where Magic Lives

i walked by your site every morning with my little cocker spaniel puppy. i specifically remember that golf cart! the skeeters were unreal! in all my disney trips, fort and non fort, i do not remember it that bad. i have 15 bites on my right leg alone! it was probably those morning walks. bug spray didn't seem to deter them at all!