sit down meals vs. counter service

We've been turned away, and we've seen others turned away. At San Angel Inn, Le Cellier, Teppenyaki. We never eat late, so these all would have been turn aways between 5 and 6:20. Getting turned away twice in one vacation (and being given two hour waits with small children several other times on the same vacation) is what drove to me to the belief that I should make PSs.

Cancelling a PS is a nice thing to do, but if you don't cancel, it frees the table for the next random walk up. People do get turned away - but if you aren't there for your PS time, the next (or waiting) walkup of the proper size will be accomodated with your table. The table won't go to waste.

This isn't necessarily fair when you have a 5:10 PS and someone got turned away at 5:00 - only for the person appearing at 5:12 to get seated. But chances are the person turned away at 5:10 will never know the difference.

For me, it all depends on the kind of vacation I'm having. In February, when it was just Dad and I, I made a PS for every night and a couple breakfasts too. It was an adult vacation and restaurants were a BIG part of that experience.

Our June trip will be a totally different kind of trip. I'm paying for myself, my granddaughter and two of her friends. My daughter, son in law and my infant granddaughter are going too and they can't afford expensive sit down restaurants every night. I only have one breakfast PS, and three dinner PS's for our 7 night stay. We will do some counter service, but mostly we're going to take advantage of the full kitchen in the two bedroom DVC unit. I'll get to see if those kitchens are really just props or not!::yes::

If you're going at a busy time of year, and don't have kitchen facilities or don't want to cook, you really need those PS's.IMHO::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter