1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Sister Wives

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by Magic Mom, Mar 13, 2011.

1. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Mouseketeer

I was watching the commercial and it looks like one of the daughters is pregnant. Am I wrong?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. s____!

s____! Mouseketeer

Ooooh, I hope so!

4. dislaney

dislaney faith♡ love♡ pixiedust ♡

:lmao: It's hard not to watch!:thumbsup2

5. MaryAnnDVC

MaryAnnDVC "Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Well, me neither, but that's not their relationship. No one seems forced into anything. Who says he doesn't love them all? It may not be something you or I can accept or understand for our own lives, but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    Ditto.
    They're showing their lives. I guarantee you, people in all sorts of relationships...including parents/children...have complaints about their relationships, even tho they knew what they were getting into. I knew kids were going to PITAs sometimes, but I DO occasionally complain about them, despite my overwhelming and undying love for my little darlings. ;)

6. Tink888

Tink888 Wishing I Was At World Showcase

I came across this today and have been watching the marathon. Definitely not a lifestyle I could live but it is interesting and seems to work for them.

Being married to one person has it's challenges. For the women at least, I think it would really take a lot of self-control, discipline and communication to make a polygamist relationship work, to make the family work. And they seem to be able to do that.

I've seen bigger trainwrecks in a lot of monogamist relationships so more power to them IMHO.

7. J3nn78

J3nn78 DIS Veteran

I stopped watching because I don't like Kody. He is just plain weird! I find polygamy to be interesting and I LOVE watching Big Love. I just don't like Kody.

I don't see the show as a train wreck though. The first three wives have been married to him for 21, 18, and 17 years. Wife #4 grew up in a poly home, and Mari "picked" her out.

8. minkydog

minkydog DIS Cast Member

What time does the opener start? I don't reallly want to rehash last season's shows.

9. princessmom29

princessmom29 DIS Veteran

I can't watch it. It makes me waaaay too angry. I cannot fathom anyone willing doing that!

10. C.Ann

C.Ann <font color=green>We'll remember when...<br><font

I caught this show by accident this afternoon.. I had to stop working on the one project I was involved with (ran out of some supplies I needed), so I flipped the tv on while I was playing around with my recipes.. I guess what I caught was a marathon of sorts of the first season..

They are all consenting adults - so in that respect, I don't have any issues with it.. Everyone marches to a different drummer..

They're not living off the tax payers, so I don't find that to be an issue either..

So if I had to state one thing that I absolutely don't agree with, it would be the fact that the husband is clearly breaking the law.. I'm a stickler when it comes to following laws that are currently in place (even when I don't necessarily agree with some of them), so that's my issue..

The only other thing I can think of is how this may impact the kids - when they attend public school this year.. (I'm listening to it in the background right now..) They may get a lot of flack - but on the other hand, in a place like Utah, wouldn't they get the same amount of flack if their parents were homosexuals? (Honest question for which I don't have an answer..)

For the most part, I don't think they're actually "hurting" anyone..:confused3

11. dislaney

dislaney faith♡ love♡ pixiedust ♡

I think the new one is on right now!:thumbsup2

12. happygirl

happygirl DIS Veteran

It is

13. happygirl

happygirl DIS Veteran

I didn't know they each had there own "house"

14. Carlyzmom

Carlyzmom Axiom Crew

I just think the women must have really bad self esteem problems. To think they have to share a husband. Sad.

15. shinysparklybubbles

shinysparklybubbles DIS Veteran

He is only legally married to Meri, the other "wives" are only a church seremony, so I think that is how it's not breaking laws.

16. jordansmomma

jordansmomma <font color=darkorchid><marquee>DebbieLouWho Wendy

It's one big house with three separate living quarters. Except for Robin, she has a house down the street.

17. MariDisney

MariDisney Queen of the World

I agree with this. I am of the mind that consenting adults can do what they want as long as they aren't living off my dime or committing any sort of abuse.

I don't really get the idea of it breaking the law. It seems to me that a man (or woman) can run around on their spouse and sleep with any number of other people and it's not illegal (clearly immoral, to me), but when everyone is in agreement in the arrangement it's illegal. I've never understood that.

18. horseshowmom

horseshowmom DIS Veteran

I just can't help but disagree. I believe they are hurting their children. I disagree with the whole thing vehemently, but if only adults were involved, that would be their choice. However, it isn't only adults - there are children being reared this way.

^^ This...

19. katesorad

katesorad <font color=deeppink>I stand up in them and BAM I'

I find it sad that so many people are prejudice against these people. I know that in American society, there's always the lifestyle that everyone finds to be "normal". Just because this family isn't your version of "normal", it doesn't mean that they "have low self esteem" or are doing wrong.

I'm glad that they are out there, teaching people about their lifestyle. While I personally wouldn't chose it for myself, I am thankful that they are able to live the lifestyle themselves. I just hope that they don't get in too much trouble over it :sad2:

20. okeydokey

okeydokey <font color=green>Frosty the Snowman scared me as

When Kody lets one of his wives bring home a hot new guy (or maybe two or three), the show may be interesting. Until then, it's ridiculous.

In order to be realistic, they would have to force the 13 year old girls to marry 50-60 year old men, and then drive the teenage boys out of the house to fend for themselves.

21. sunlver

sunlver <font color=darkorchid>Well ahhh, I got poked with

I have a hard time beleiving that the ladies dont get jealous:confused3