Singles Social Club: It's Always 5 o'clock here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about both? A Jack Daniel's Lynchburg Lemonade?
:goodvibes

Ah... Lancaster and the Amish.... Gotta love it. :rotfl:

(I'm just across the river from Lancaster over in York.)

yeah, Im corny like that. I just love some of their foods and homemade furniture type things. Oh you are in York? Wow...when I took my daughter there last month to Dutch Wonderland and Hersehy we stayed at the new Holiday Inn Express in York. We had a great time.

you should make a weekend of it and go to the PA ren faire

Ok, I gotta look that up. Sounds fun if it doesn't rain...

yeah, Im corny like that. I just love some of their foods and homemade furniture type things. Oh you are in York? Wow...when I took my daughter there last month to Dutch Wonderland and Hersehy we stayed at the new Holiday Inn Express in York. We had a great time.

Ok, I gotta look that up. Sounds fun if it doesn't rain...

I will be there, let me know if you're coming and wanna hang out, will you be traveling alone or bringing a friend, tickets are 29.95, but this weekend is buy one get one free..

Yup.... I work in Downtown York, and Live over in Hellam which is pretty much right over the river from Lancaster.

Yup.... I work in Downtown York, and Live over in Hellam which is pretty much right over the river from Lancaster.

My father is working on the Rt. 30 bridge right now...I hate that he is out there all hours of the day working construction.

My father is working on the Rt. 30 bridge right now...I hate that he is out there all hours of the day working construction.

So you are saying it's all his fault that getting over the river has become a nightmare at times. good to know. ;)

He is just an inspector...not actually doing the main work. He actually shut them down last night because the material wasn't to specification and the other company wanted to continue.

He says they should be done by October...SORRY :(

He is just an inspector...not actually doing the main work. He actually shut them down last night because the material wasn't to specification and the other company wanted to continue.

So what you are saying is that they should be done by January. Got it.

(Need to factor in the obligatory road construction delays that always seem to happen.)

Better that it be built right than built fast!

Us engineers get cranky when we contract things out and people skimp on the job to save time/money. It usually ends fairly badly.

So, tell him thanks for keeping them honest!

Haven't had much DIS time lately, so I thought I'd pop in tonight since I leave for my semi-solo on Saturday morning!! I'm so excited! I thought I'd be a little nervous, but I'm really looking forward to it. One more day of work, and we're just taking to campers out to a pizza buffet and community pool. Not a bad last day of work. ;) After that, home to pack then a good night's sleep before I head to the airport around 6:30a (which is late for me!). Can't wait!

Thanks for the welcome!

Weekend plans? I've got a cookout tomorrow night and then shopping on Saturday! I'm only allowing myself to stay at the mall for a little bit. Well, that’s what I keep telling myself. I need to come home and finish cleaning. My life feels like one never-ending project!

Hi Valree...I'm sorry to hear you are having a bad week...but having lived in Fairfax, I know how tough life in NOVA can be at times.

Hi ex-neighbor! Yes, living here can be tough. Weekday traffic has been great with kids out of school, people on vacation, and Congress on recess. Weekend traffic is still the nightmare that it's always been.

I can taste the weekend! It's almost here!

So what you are saying is that they should be done by January. Got it.

(Need to factor in the obligatory road construction delays that always seem to happen.)

No...From what he is saying, October is when they should be done with it...but don't be surprised if it will be under constuction again in about 3 or 4 yrs.

Better that it be built right than built fast!

Us engineers get cranky when we contract things out and people skimp on the job to save time/money. It usually ends fairly badly.

So, tell him thanks for keeping them honest!

Thanks!!! I hate that he is working these weird hours as a retiree (he retired from the PA Dept of Trans and now works as a consultant)...Going in at 5am, coming home at 3pm, then going back in at 8pm and working until 3am. Certainly not your normal 66 yr olds daily routine!!!

how is everyones Friday going?
im still on summer break, but just cant wait for my trip.

tumblr_lls2i4nhlV1qdd039.gif

and i got my first real salary job.
tumblr_lk0zngeSnj1qc3dy2.gif

and I will be the youngest person to ever hold this job, and they are changing company policy just to hire me.
1291664255_obama-kiks-door-open.gif

Haven't had much DIS time lately, so I thought I'd pop in tonight since I leave for my semi-solo on Saturday morning!! I'm so excited! I thought I'd be a little nervous, but I'm really looking forward to it. One more day of work, and we're just taking to campers out to a pizza buffet and community pool. Not a bad last day of work. ;) After that, home to pack then a good night's sleep before I head to the airport around 6:30a (which is late for me!). Can't wait!

Why must everyone rub my face in the fact I don't get to go back for another couple months. :sad2:

Thanks for the welcome!

Weekend plans? I've got a cookout tomorrow night and then shopping on Saturday! I'm only allowing myself to stay at the mall for a little bit. Well, that’s what I keep telling myself. I need to come home and finish cleaning. My life feels like one never-ending project!

My Weekend plans are more of the same. Head to NJ to see my GF.... and beyond that, play it by ear.

Why must everyone rub my face in the fact I don't get to go back for another couple months. :sad2:

My Weekend plans are more of the same. Head to NJ to see my GF.... and beyond that, play it by ear.

at least you get to go back in a couple months..:mad:pirate:

But you get to spend a lot more time down there than i when you do go....

if and when I get to go, but that is because I've done the work, raised a kid to love disney, and worked somewhere long enough to build up vacation time

if and when I get to go, but that is because I've done the work, raised a kid to love disney, and worked somewhere long enough to build up vacation time

I've got the vacation time.... just need to work on that kid thing. ;)

Well, if it makes it any better, my kid's been there with his grandparents since Tuesday, so I've been jealous of a seven year old. I plan to meet up with him a few times and have him over to BC to hang out at SAB, but other than that, it's his time with them and my grown-up time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter