Singles(& ex-singles who refuse to leave)Social Club: Amazingly, It's still 5o'clock!

Glad to see that power is coming back to most! Ours was out for 29 hours. Not long enough to be ridiculous but long enough to lose all the food...:crazy2:

I'm headed down for a mostly solo trip this Friday to catch the end of F&W and the beginning of Christmas. I'm more excited to be somewhere warm and to get a vacation, than anything else!

Just got back from a short weekend trip with some amazing friends. Its funny. . .I was thinking about this last night. Some of my best friends are people I met here on this message board. . .not just the SSC but even prior to that. I have watched these friends fall in and out of love, get married, have children, raise children, transform their lives, and grow. Some of these people I have met on the DIS are truly my best friends. I am very glad that I found this place in 2007.

Just got back from a short weekend trip with some amazing friends. Its funny. . .I was thinking about this last night. Some of my best friends are people I met here on this message board. . .not just the SSC but even prior to that. I have watched these friends fall in and out of love, get married, have children, raise children, transform their lives, and grow. Some of these people I have met on the DIS are truly my best friends. I am very glad that I found this place in 2007.

Very well said Darcy! I couldn't agree more. I met some great people on here and have always enjoyed it. The meet in Oct was fantastic. I will always be partial to the SSC as it has changed my life forever. We are looking forward to seeing you and Tony soon. :goodvibes

I hope your ribs are better!:)

Mad Elf is nectar of the gods! I reserve a case every year (and it's pricey!) that I go through during various holiday parties. Most distributors around Philly only get a few cases each, and it usually flies off the shelves. Still isn't in stock in my area yet

I haven't been out see the new Hershey facility for Troegs. I may be attending a banquet at the Lodge in early Jan., so I may finally get a chance to visit Troegs. Also a big fan of their Hopback and Dreamweaver.

Ended up buying a 6pack of Mad Elf when we saw it yesterday at the store. It's not half bad.

With power back on, finally getting some time to go back through the thread ...

Looks like the original Journey Icon to me ... which is still the only incarnation of Journey I'll acknowledge!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I believe George Lucas knew exactly what he was doing here.It was always supposed to be 456, 123, 789. He knew it took too long to release 123 so it wasnt his best work. Good work, but not his best. Movies 789 need to appeal to a huge audience of Star Wars fans that need more content and not just the special effects.This is a great direction for the franchise. It is in excellent hands.

I'm not sure I'll give Lucas so much credit. He really has appeared to start going crazy. Just look at Greedo shooting first, Indy 4, and moments within the Prequel Trilogy.

I do like the idea of someone else finally having veto or "are you CRAZY?!" power when it comes to Lucas' ideas. My biggest personal hope? We'll finally get the original theatrical version of the original trilogy released in a modern HD format. You know... Sans the added deleted scenes.... A Giant Puppet a Jabba..... And of Course... Han shooting first!

Very well said Darcy! I couldn't agree more. I met some great people on here and have always enjoyed it. The meet in Oct was fantastic. I will always be partial to the SSC as it has changed my life forever. We are looking forward to seeing you and Tony soon. :goodvibes

I really do love this group. We've managed to have some great people, and great conversations over the years.

Just got back from my Disney Trip!! AMAZING! Can't wait to go again! Already thinking of dates! What is the best time to go? Mid-September, end of october/start of november, or first full week of December? Likely, I'll be going alone. This time I went with my mom but we separated a few times. The best part about that? SINGLE RIDER LINES! OK I only saw two and one was That Place One Doesn't Speak Of :-)P) but still its awesome! The only one I noticed was at Everest. I know test track had one (it was closed during my visit). What other rides have single rider lines?

I'm baaaack! XD *passes out a round of margaritas for everyone and a bottle of rum for the pyrate* Sorry I was away so long guys. Between the Blue Man fanmeet on the 27th, my mini-honeymoon, and the school work I needed to catch up on it's been a hell of a week. I finally got some downtime to post. Glad everyone fared pretty well through that nasty storm though! *yawns* I'm so bored with school right now it's not even funny. :-/ Oh well. only another month and a half and I'm done until the end of January.

Just got back from my Disney Trip!! AMAZING! Can't wait to go again! Already thinking of dates! What is the best time to go? Mid-September, end of october/start of november, or first full week of December? Likely, I'll be going alone. This time I went with my mom but we separated a few times. The best part about that? SINGLE RIDER LINES! OK I only saw two and one was That Place One Doesn't Speak Of :-)P) but still its awesome! The only one I noticed was at Everest. I know test track had one (it was closed during my visit). What other rides have single rider lines?

Honestly... It really can depend. Each time frame can have it's pros and cons. The question is what are you looking for? Low Crowds? Food and Wine? A Holiday Party? (Halloween or Christmas?) Holiday Decorations or other special events? Festival of the Masters? Weather?

Honestly, With so many variables, It's really hard to tell you the BEST time to go without knowing what it is you enjoy the most.

Oh... and Rock N Roller Coaster has a Single Rider line. I think those 3 (Everest, RNRC, and TT) are the only attractions at Disney that have them.... at least... that I can think of off the top of my head. You'll also be able to take advantage of the "Party of 2? Party of 1?" calls in a lot of other attractions.

Over at the Darkside however, You've got Men in Black, Rip Ride Rock it!, Mummy, Hulk, Forbidden Journey, Spiderman.... and in all likelihood... Soon Transformers....

I took advantage of the Forbidden Journey single rider line. Rode it 7 times until it stopped twice during the same run. I decided I had been on it enough.

I'm looking for lower crowds though I can honestly say this past week wasn't busy at all. Just about perfect! Saturday at MK was a bit crazy but we did arrive about 30 minutes before the 8pm parade so I think that was part of it. A party would be a huge plus though. I love Halloween and Christmas! I went to the Halloween party this year on the 30th. It was busy but I enjoyed it. My only worry about my December dates is that I believe it will fall during pop warner so I'm not sure how busy that is.

I slipped past about 20 people in line at Space Mountain (including 2 boys who all but pushed past me in the fast pass lane) cause I was by myself. I also got front seat on Space and Splash when I was by myself though I think that was luck more than anything. Space I enjoyed, Splash freaked me out.

Honestly... It really can depend. Each time frame can have it's pros and cons. The question is what are you looking for? Low Crowds? Food and Wine? A Holiday Party? (Halloween or Christmas?) Holiday Decorations or other special events? Festival of the Masters? Weather?

Honestly, With so many variables, It's really hard to tell you the BEST time to go without knowing what it is you enjoy the most.

Oh... and Rock N Roller Coaster has a Single Rider line. I think those 3 (Everest, RNRC, and TT) are the only attractions at Disney that have them.... at least... that I can think of off the top of my head. You'll also be able to take advantage of the "Party of 2? Party of 1?" calls in a lot of other attractions.

Disney also has several races around that time, one the end of September, one middle of November. Both coincide with F&W and NSSHP's. Also a race in early January, and the Christmas decorations are usually still up. The January race also attract the most runners also so the crowds might be a little bigger. The race in September and the one in May have the least amount of entrants.

I have not had very good luck in the single rider line at RnR, always seems to move slow. EE has worked better, but I also try for the front row wait line. TT also moves pretty quickly for the singles. 'Party of 1' seems to always happen at ToT.

Well, not so sure on the ribs. They were fine till I laughed my butt off on Saturday night. I am sure they will be fine with time. . .lol. Thanks for asking

I'm not sure I'll give Lucas so much credit. He really has appeared to start going crazy. Just look at Greedo shooting first, Indy 4, and moments within the Prequel Trilogy.

I do like the idea of someone else finally having veto or "are you CRAZY?!" power when it comes to Lucas' ideas. My biggest personal hope? We'll finally get the original theatrical version of the original trilogy released in a modern HD format. You know... Sans the added deleted scenes.... A Giant Puppet a Jabba..... And of Course... Han shooting first!

Oh, I was not referring to the "creative" ideas out of his head. . .I was referring to the monetary move. His legacy will live on because Star Wars will live on. . .lol.

2007? Wow, has it been that long? Seems like yesterday!

Yes, it has been that long. Hard to believe.

Mad Elf is nectar of the gods! I reserve a case every year (and it's pricey!) that I go through during various holiday parties. Most distributors around Philly only get a few cases each, and it usually flies off the shelves. Still isn't in stock in my area yet

I haven't been out see the new Hershey facility for Troegs. I may be attending a banquet at the Lodge in early Jan., so I may finally get a chance to visit Troegs. Also a big fan of their Hopback and Dreamweaver.

When I was there a month ago with a friend we tried the 3 beer flight which we got to try three different beers. I liked the Dreamweaver also. They have a gift shop that you can mix and match 6-packs and you an also pick up cases there.

Going tomorrow for the last weekend of Food and Wine. Any amazing booths that I absolutely can not miss??
:drinking1

My bags are packed and I'll be leaving tonight for the Wine and Dine Half. Too bad I have to fly back on Sunday.

Going tomorrow for the last weekend of Food and Wine. Any amazing booths that I absolutely can not miss??

Depends on what you are looking for.... food or Drink?

I love the Dragonberry Colada (in a souvenir glass no less!) at the Carribean booth.

the Pumpkin mouse at the Hops and Barley booth is tasty.

Lots of people enjoy the Pork Sliders at Hawaii

And of course, Deserts at the Desert and Champagne

oh! and the cheese soup at Canada.

There is a nice sipping chocolate at the Godiva booth in the back of the Festival center. (If you have a Chase Card... Credit or Debit... You can also access the Chase Lounge at the Festival Center for free Soda and a place to chill...)

The Beer drinkers here can probably tell you about the beer seleciton this year.

Honestly, I'm kinda surprised at how little I ate/drank at F&W this year, but I think part of that had to do with the lines on the days I ended up going.

Two must do Craft beers = I enjoyed the Red Hook Pilsner & the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Food = Canada and the Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon & Florida - Shrimp Ceviche

Enjoy

Can you let me know how crowded it was. I will be down this weekend next year and was worried about how crowded F&W will be on the last weekend.

Lets see, the prince is engaged and getting married, his son, Gus gus, is beautiful and his girl is a sweetheart. The Pyrate is currently otherwise occupied with a bellydancer that tickles his fancy, CTnurse is happy to have power. Brocktoon is trying to market his parents out for future DISmeets, the bartender is a bit preoccupied with his school, new bride and the blue man group. The others pop in and out as their schedules allow. Me, well I just did the heart walk and am thinking I need to move away from Florida to once again have it as a vacation spot. Lol. That is an old fashioned nurse.darcy update.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter