Singles(& ex-singles who refuse to leave)Social Club: Amazingly, It's still 5o'clock!

jagfanjosh3252 said:
Want makes it disgusting IMO is that it's with the DW. Like. When the DW melts, it gets bad. But hey. That just me

Eat the DW really fast and then slam the rum :)

Hoping you guys don't mind if I jump in here.. Ive read a few of the last pages and it looks like a great place to be..

Poke Poke Poke.... is this thing on? I'm totally lost in this sea of conversation can someone throw me a line D:

Welcome Bettyann29 and Aertan. Please feel free to pull up a bar stool and have a drink. We are kinda slow on the weekends (apparently people actually do stuff on the weekends). Just join in to the conversation. . .if you don't like the current topic, just wait, it will change shortly, or start your own convo. People will just join in.

As much as I'm an advocate for going solo, I have to say this; After going for a few days last week for my birthday. I've come to realize that going solo isn't fun for me anymore. I'm a semi-local (about a 2 hour drive) and I used to go about once a month for a weekend. But after going alone this past weekend, I just didn't have fun anymore. I spend more time in my room than at any of parks because I just wasn't into it anymore. I don't know if it was because I kept on getting all the sad looks when CM's found out I was solo for my birthday or what. But going solo isn't fun for me anymore. I need more Disney friends who will be up for a day or weekend trip instead of just me going down and hoping someone will be there to hang out. Ugh.

I've been solo several times.. After the first time I vowed to never do it again.. I didn't enjoy it very much- I noticed I spent a lot more time in my room..I decided to give it a go a second time and lucked out that a friend wax going to be there for a few of the days I was there.. I realized that I liked having some solo time but could also hang with her.. This last time I actually stayed with my friend and split my time between solo and spending time with my friend..

I do agree that it's more magical spending time with others while at WDw..

I hear where you're coming from on the solo thing. On the plus side, I'd much rather be solo than toting around WDW with someone who has a diffrent touring strategy. I'm the type of person who likes to take it easy and relax with a drink at a bar or an outside table for a while. In the past it's driven me nuts while relaxing when I'm hounded with 'What are we doing next?', 'Let's keep moving!'. I really enjoy my solo time in World Showcase and Animal Kingdom where I take my time and stroll the pavillions or animal walks.

Where I do get a little lonely is the parks like MK and HS, where I like hitting the rides with other folks. Even if I'm down visitng with my parents, I'm usually waiting in ride lines solo, as they don't hit most of the 'thrill' type rides.

October still seems like a great time to visit, as with the F&W Fest going on, there's usually a few DISers down in the parks throughout the month to meet up with. The F&W seminars are also great to hit solo, and most people attending are very chatty and friendly in the seminar/event lines.

I did a solo trip once. That was May 2011 over a Star Wars Weekend. I only did it because I could do an all expenses paid trip for 3 nights for $250 (since I had airfare credit thru Southwest, and annual pass and DVC points). I actually enjoyed it and won't shut down the possibility of doing it again.

That said, I agree, it is more fun with a ride buddy! That was the downside, but I was glad to do things on my own watch and not have to give a care about what anyone else wanted to do. I do think if I do it again, I'll poll my fellow solo DISers and see if they want to meet up for rides and such. It could be a fun experience!

And besides, as the good Pyrate would probably tell you, rum does not need to be "watered" down by mixers. . .

there is a good Pyrate here ?? he better stay away from my rum.

you are correct, the only thing you should mix with rum....is more rum...:thumbsup2pirate:

Hoping you guys don't mind if I jump in here.. Ive read a few of the last pages and it looks like a great place to be..

Poke Poke Poke.... is this thing on? I'm totally lost in this sea of conversation can someone throw me a line D:

:welcome: to the group! We always love it when new people join us! Feel free to hop right into the fun around here!

:goodvibes:goodvibes

there is a good Pyrate here ?? he better stay away from my rum.

you are correct, the only thing you should mix with rum....is more rum...:thumbsup2pirate:

"Good Pyrate" as in, Very skilled and effective in his Pyrating ways. Not "Good Pyrate" in the Well Behaved and law abiding manner.

;)

:welcome: to the group! We always love it when new people join us! Feel free to hop right into the fun around here!

:goodvibes:goodvibes

"Good Pyrate" as in, Very skilled and effective in his Pyrating ways. Not "Good Pyrate" in the Well Behaved and law abiding manner.

;)

The later one doesn't sound like quite as much fun.. No one likes a well behaved pirate.. :)

Okay been totally lurking in the shadows...but now that Disney is getting closer and I'm beginning to have withdrawals, I decided to come somewhere I maybe don't stick out like Spock at a Star Wars convention.

(Yes, I'm one of those cool nerdy girls)

Okay been totally lurking in the shadows...but now that Disney is getting closer and I'm beginning to have withdrawals, I decided to come somewhere I maybe don't stick out like Spock at a Star Wars convention.

Welcome to the club! Nothing wrong with being a cool nerdy girl.

:welcome: to the group! While the shadows can be fun at times, we don't keep the lights on too bright around here so you should feel just as comfortable joining in the debauchery in the center of the room like the rest of us. ;)

Anybody ever make it to North Carolina?

I managed to successfully escape. does that count?

(Lived in Hendersonville...about 20min south of Asheville, for about 2 yrs)

Cool people like Viking's

"Odin gave his eye to acquire knowledge. I would give far more" -Ragnar Lothbrok
ragnar_cinema.gif

I decided to come somewhere I maybe don't stick out like Spock at a Star Wars convention.

Actually with the whole 'Jedi Mind Meld' thing from about a month ago, I'm thinking dressing like Spock at a Star Wars con may be the trendy hipster thing to do ...

Actually with the whole 'Jedi Mind Meld' thing from about a month ago, I'm thinking dressing like Spock at a Star Wars con may be the trendy hipster thing to do ...

Hmmm....

Should have him in the brown robes. Then you can play him off as either in Jedi Robes, or the robes he wore on Vulcan when doing his training.

;)

:lmao:

DCTooTall said:
Hmmm....

Should have him in the brown robes. Then you can play him off as either in Jedi Robes, or the robes he wore on Vulcan when doing his training.

;)

:lmao:

Pure awesomeness!

And as for not keeping the lights on very bright, I'm not a center of a attention kind of person :) but can totally dig all the single people and the star wars talk :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!