Single Parent Meets

@Melomouse, I think your right Mickey's Halloween party should not be missed! I will be prepared for a late night that night! I am glad I choose POFQ as all the write ups seem good and I like the sound of the boat to downtown Disney also!
Thanks for your tips!:):)

My daughter is trying to throw me a 40th birthday where dreams come true! She's 12 yo, lol...She is picking out a custom bday cake from disney. We could never eat that much by ourselves. Would you & your kids like to come (the lobby of the contemporary hotel to watch the fireworks) join us?

Have a magical birthday :goodvibes

single mom making my second trip down to WDW with my DD (now 8), staying 12/19-12/24

Hi there! I'm looking for other solo Disney travelers out there. I don't have a trip planned as of yet but I'm thinking about traveling around the time of the Food & Wine Festival. Anyone out there? lol

Hi there! I'm looking for other solo Disney travelers out there. I don't have a trip planned as of yet but I'm thinking about traveling around the time of the Food & Wine Festival. Anyone out there? lol

Hello! Traveling solo arriving on 9/28 and staying through 10/3. My boyfriend bailed on my trip but I'm not letting him ruin my good time! Looking to meet other travelers going during the same time to ride/wonder around with at times. Keep in touch if you book during those dates!

Hi All! :wave:

Single Mom headed to The World for Christmas this year with my 2 daughters who will be 17 and 9. This will be our first trip that it's just the 3 of us. Usually have family tag along with us on our trips. Anyone else headed there for Christmas??? :santa:

I'm going to see if I could work these dates out. That's my favorite time to go. I would love to meet up.

Hi All! :wave:

Single Mom headed to The World for Christmas this year with my 2 daughters who will be 17 and 9. This will be our first trip that it's just the 3 of us. Usually have family tag along with us on our trips. Anyone else headed there for Christmas??? :santa:

How long are you staying? We will be there from Jan 1-4.

I love this thread! My son and I went to DW last Sept for our very first trip. Our trip was just after my divorce. The trip was amazing but everywhere I turned there were families and couples. I remember thinking I must be the only single parent there. It was a little lonely at times.

After reading this thread I won't feel so out of place on our upcoming trip. ;)

I love this thread! My son and I went to DW last Sept for our very first trip. Our trip was just after my divorce. The trip was amazing but everywhere I turned there were families and couples. I remember thinking I must be the only single parent there. It was a little lonely at times.

After reading this thread I won't feel so out of place on our upcoming trip. ;)

I have a single mom friend who gets depressed because that's what she notices when she goes out somewhere. She's even moving out of our town because ours is "too family oriented". That's bizarre to me because our schools are great, crime is low, etc. Just a great place to raise kids.

Anyway, I tend to either not notice the family/couple phenomenon, am too busy with my own child to care, or just don't care and am clueless. We went about a month ago and this post is the first time I even thought about that issue. When we were there I was concerned about fun, logistics, and avoiding a meltdown. I didn't even think about how I was alone. WDW is just so easy as a single parent that it never crossed my mind.

So, do your best to not think that your situation is different, uncomfortable, or negative or that someone else's is better. Just get out there and have fun! Who cares if others are coupled up! I know what that's like and divorced it, lol. Right now I'm better off. When I see couples I think of everything they have to put up with. Hopefully it's great between them but marriage is hard and at this point I'm not willing to go back. I enjoy my time with my son and the freedom of not dealing with another person'a anger or constant disgruntlement. It's very freeing to just be with your child and have fun the way you want to.

I'm a single mom going on a cruise with my 16 year old daughter. I think she will be hanging out with me, but there are cool activities for teens that she may go to also.

I've hooked up with a FEE group here and on Facebook, so I may have some people I'd feel comfortable with joining for activities on the ship and such. I've been divorced 12 years, so also quite comfortable being by myself.

How long are you staying? We will be there from Jan 1-4.

Right now we are staying at SSR from 12/17 to 12/27...but we are waitlisted to stay at AKV til the 30th. BUT...my return flight home right now is Jan 2nd because I'm hoping to extend our trip that far out, we just don't have a place to stay yet!:rolleyes1

Where are you staying?

Right now we are staying at SSR from 12/17 to 12/27...but we are waitlisted to stay at AKV til the 30th. BUT...my return flight home right now is Jan 2nd because I'm hoping to extend our trip that far out, we just don't have a place to stay yet!:rolleyes1

Where are you staying?

We are staying at SSR all 3 nights.

Hello! Traveling solo arriving on 9/28 and staying through 10/3. My boyfriend bailed on my trip but I'm not letting him ruin my good time! Looking to meet other travelers going during the same time to ride/wonder around with at times. Keep in touch if you book during those dates!

I'll be there from 9/24 - 10/1. Dropping the kids off at Cub's Den on 9/30 and hitting the Epcot Food and Wine Fest! :goodvibes

I didn't even think about how I was alone. WDW is just so easy as a single parent that it never crossed my mind.

That's what I love about it... I've looked into other vacations for my daughter & I, ... Disney just makes it sooo easy as a single parent. Once the plane lands everything is really taken care of for you.

Just seeing who will be there around the same time.....Let me know and maybe we can hang out!

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter