Single Parent Meets

I'm going on a cruise with my DD(16) on the April 21st Western Caribbean cruise aboard the Magic. I am also at WDW from April 14-21. I am looking for any single parents out there that would be interested in meeting up; maybe brunch or dinner at Palo's or we could meet up for a drink in one the adult clubs. It would be great if you were a single parent with teenagers! This is my DD's account, so anything you send to me she will read:goodvibes However if you see send me your e-mail address I will send you my private e-mail address. I look forward to hearing from you!

-Sharon

I will be taking my daughter(7) for the fourth time in June 20 - 29. Staying at Port Orleans Riverside. We stay there everytime and love it. any other single parent going then

After a brutal year in 2006, we are slowly recouperating from divorce, moving twice, and losing my Mom to Breast Cancer (all within 5 months.) Although we need a trip to "my happy place" now, we will wait until December to ring in 2008, in hopes of a more peaceful year.
Myself, DD8 and DS5 will be living it up at SSR 12/30 - 1/5. We won't be on Pleasure Island for NYEve; something much tamer but still fun. Hopefully, my depressing "schleprock" days will be far behind me so we will be good company.
Are there any other single parents with semi-little ones planning a New Years trip?

Single mom, 40 taking my DD9 and DS5 to Disney for the first time :cool1:
We'll be staying at POP so anyone that's interested in meeting please PM or post here. I'm looking forward to having fun with the kids but it would be nice to be around an adult too! :goodvibes

Edited to add: Almost forgot...we'll be staying at POP from 8/28 through 9/6/07!

After a brutal year in 2006, we are slowly recouperating from divorce, moving twice, and losing my Mom to Breast Cancer (all within 5 months.) Although we need a trip to "my happy place" now, we will wait until December to ring in 2008, in hopes of a more peaceful year.
Myself, DD8 and DS5 will be living it up at SSR 12/30 - 1/5. We won't be on Pleasure Island for NYEve; something much tamer but still fun. Hopefully, my depressing "schleprock" days will be far behind me so we will be good company.
Are there any other single parents with semi-little ones planning a New Years trip?

Wish we'd be there. My daughter will be 7 when we go and I understand those years. we experienced one of those a couple years ago. Unfortuantely, we are leaving on 12/30. We'll be there 12/19 - 12/30. Hope your trip is great though and things get better.

Hi
I will be in WDW during the new yrs holiday. we will be coming back from the cruise on 12/29. we'll stay in WDW until jan 1.
dd 10, and ds 7.. would love to meet up.
Valerie

Hi. We'll (me-32 and DS-11) be staying at POP dec 19-26.

I would love to be able to meet up with someone.

Nanette

That will be the same time we'll be there. My daughter will only be 7 (And I think I'm bringing along my 16 year old brother's girlfriend) so I don't know how much our kids will have in common, but I'd definitly be up for a meet. Send me a PM if you are interested. Maybe we can at least plan one day or a meal together....

To Ksloane:
thanks for the supportive message. It would've been nice to meet up in Dec, but hopefully our future 2008 trips will coincide. (See, I have high hopes for next year to include yet another WDW trip!) Have a great holiday trip with your littleones.

To ValDisney:
Thanks for responding! Let's try to set up a meet; maybe a fun lunch, etc. You can PM me or my email is JECSmom@comcast.net

Really new single mom-32, dd-14, ds-5 will be there sometime this year. The sooner the better. Live and breathe Disney (actually part of the reason for divorce). Would love to talk and possibly meet with other single parents in the future. Will let you know when our trip will be as soon as I know. Awesome thread.

hi MKCP,
i just saw your reply. I read these boards almost everyday but I forgot about this thread
i sent you a PM. it would be great to meet. Its funny, 2 yrs ago, i went in oct and got together w another mom from Chicago. it was great for us and the kids.
hope to meet up

Single mom - I'll be at Disney with my dd (10) the following dates:

Sept. 13 - 16
Nov. 24 - 27
Jan. 18 - 21.

Also, I am looking for take a cruise the week of April 14, 2008. If any other single parents are looking to go, please let me know. I hate seeing shows and doing "night time" things alone!

wow.. my dd is also 10. too bad we are not traveling a the same time.
i'll be in wdw oct 4-8 and we are doing the cruise dec 22-29.

Hello
I will be at All Star Movie Resort for August 28th-4th September with my 8 year old daughter. I am a very young 50's
Looking forward to be there together but it would also be good to meet up with adults too sometimes for lunch? shows etc.
do contact me on
derynfox@qanet.gm

single dads very welcome too!!!!!
hope to hear from you
Deryn

Single mom, 40 taking my DD9 and DS5 to Disney for the first time :cool1:
We'll be staying at POP so anyone that's interested in meeting please PM or post here. I'm looking forward to having fun with the kids but it would be nice to be around an adult too! :goodvibes

Edited to add: Almost forgot...we'll be staying at POP from 8/28 through 9/6/07!

Sent you an email we are there at the same time at the same resort. :banana:

i can use a date-going oct 2 to oct 6...single mom-staying at GF with my parents, too. I'd like to have a drink w/ a single dad, but i'm not picky these days ;)

i'll drink with either sex....:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter