Silver member boarding process

pjpoppins

DIS Veteran
Is there any different process/advantage to boarding when a Silver member? We had concierge last time and it was amazing so just checking out what to expect. Thanks!
P.S. Disney Magic out of Miami

There is a return cruiser check-in line. But check the regular check-in line as well, often that line is shorter than the return cruiser line. Otherwise, no benefits to silver check in.

Nope, you would do your online check-in (earlier than a first timer) and pick a port arrival time. Your PAT will determine your boarding number (earlier PAT, lower boarding number).

So, Concierge/handicapped first, then boarding Group 1 (Platinum), then group 2, 3, 4, etc. Silver could have a boarding group 2 if they have a very early PAT available at online check in.

MJ

Hi, can anyone answer this for me?
What time of day will the DCL website allow you to start on line check in and PAT selection? I will be camping and need to get to an Internet connection to do this, so would like to know when I need to leave...
Thanks!

To jump in on this, we are silver and my MIL is a first time cruiser. we got a PAT 12-12:30 and her 12:30 -1not so bad, if we aim for 12:30 it's best of both. Would it be possible for us to check in together though? Bring her over to our line? Or go to hers? I handle all the paperwork and such for her so being with her for check in would make it a smoother process for her.

To jump in on this, we are silver and my MIL is a first time cruiser. we got a PAT 12-12:30 and her 12:30 -1not so bad, if we aim for 12:30 it's best of both. Would it be possible for us to check in together though? Bring her over to our line? Or go to hers? I handle all the paperwork and such for her so being with her for check in would make it a smoother process for her.

Just because you are a returning cruiser, does not mean that you have to check in through that line. I would suggest you all check in through one of the "regular" check in lines. From what I've seen, the regular lines are usually shorter than the returning cruiser lines most of the time.

If you are arriving at 12:30, there aren't going to be many lines on either the regular side or return cruiser side (unless you get there right when a resort bus is arriving!). Usually they don't give you a hard time if you are a return cruiser and are checking in more than one stateroom. But sometimes the agents don't understand and to avoid all confusion, I might just go to the regular check-in line.

(P.S. the ship should have begun boarding before noon so the crowds will probably been thinned out in the waiting area -- or completely gone if things are going smoothly -- so you might want to shoot for 12 rather than 12:30, then if you have any unexpected delays you aren't arriving at the port when the resort busses start rolling in.)

My husband has hip replacements & has trouble walking without his cane. Other cruise lines have considered him handicapped & allowed him to go thru the handicap line. Does Disney allow this? He even sets off the metal detectors.

I have never seen Disney have a handicapped line for boarding
Or let people board early

I have never seen Disney have a handicapped line for boarding
Or let people board early
I was going to say that. I think the closest I've seen is someone in a wheelchair waiting off to the side (near the front) of the check in line, but the people they were with were waiting in line. But the lanes in the check in line are quite wide (I believe it can accommodate wheelchairs, but I could be wrong). And, once it's your time to board, the doors/gangways are wide enough for wheelchairs. I don't think there's a separate handicapped line/entrance.

My husband has hip replacements & has trouble walking without his cane. Other cruise lines have considered him handicapped & allowed him to go thru the handicap line. Does Disney allow this? He even sets off the metal detectors.

From what ive read, dcl can supply your husband with a wheelchair in the terminal to enable him to board the ship then they return it to the terminal, that is if he requires one, or you should bring one yourself if his cane is insufficient for walking for a period of time, or he would be unstable on his feet with the ship rocking. He can walk on with his cane?
but as above, no handicapped lane priority boarding is given as far as i am aware.
dcl like you to board as a family or group when you are called to with your boarding card along with the others in that assigned group time.

Are you asking about going through Security with the metal detectors? How does he typically manage this at an airport? I suggest a similar strategy. I would inform the security agent of his needs and request they use a wand instead of the scanner -- both because of his inability to walk without the cane and because he typically sets off the metal detectors.

As for boarding, I don't know that DCL has a "handicapped line" for boarding. As others have stated, the gangways and doors are plenty wide enough, though it is crowded; I might be concerned about him being jostled in the crowd and losing his balance. I suggest you (or your TA) complete a Special Services Information Form and contact the Special Services Department to discuss accommodations for boarding at 407-566-3602. They do have wheelchairs available for embarkation and debarkation if needed, or they may be able to work out something that will help.

Enjoy your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter