Silver Lake resort

spiceycat

dvc-blt
going in a few days - should I request a certain area or room - or just take what I am given?

this is a 1-bedroom

Do you know what the "sleeps" number is for your reservation? The 300, 400, 500 buildings are older but have some larger units, most buildings have been fully renovated over the past few years, but there are possibly still a few "older" units. The newer buildings are 800, 900, 1000, 1700, 1800; these are taller buildings with elevators. I think a G-unit (1BR, sleeps 4) in these last buildings is probably the best from a space/amenities side. Check out the various floor plan options here, and match up to your reservation:
http://www.silverlakeresort.com/unitsfloorplans/

G units are the biggest and the best. We love the big tub. B units do not have a big whirlpool tub and are smaller. They are fine if the tub does not matter since they have all other amenities. Avoid a D unit. It says it has a full kitchen, but it really doesn't. Many websites list them as a one bedroom with a partial kitchen. Does your reservation state full or partial kitchen?

Also avoid building 400 that backs up to a busy road.

I avoid booking one bedrooms at Silver Lake since they can put you in that small D unit, which is unfortunate because the G units are awesome. They start assigning rooms a few days out. Try calling them and see if they have already assigned a room or will take a request.

We have a reservation at Silver Lake in March. It's for a 1-bedroom, sleeps 4, full kitchen. So is that likely a B, D, or G unit? We reserved via an RCI exchange, if that makes a difference.

In all they times I have booked a Silver Lake 1 bedroom with full kitchen through RCI exchange, I was never given the small D unit. I think they technically call it a one bedroom with a partial kitchen. You will probably get G unit or B unit. We we assigned the B unit most of the time.

In all they times I have booked a Silver Lake 1 bedroom with full kitchen through RCI exchange, I was never given the small D unit. I think they technically call it a one bedroom with a partial kitchen. You will probably get G unit or B unit. We we assigned the B unit most of the time.

Thanks!

If we arrive early and our room isn't ready, can we check our luggage and go somewhere else while we wait for it to be ready?

well I check in at 3:00 pm and the room was ready.

got a b unit was told that RCI did not receive any G units. that say am in 1700's. this is done like Vacatiion VIllage - with the A and B units behind the same door - then have separate doors. like it better in ways that Disney which only have a door between the 1-bedroom and studio,

It could be as owners have first choice in the Silver Points section where the G's are located. It could be they all get booked out by owners before any get deposited to RCI. Note that at SL the resort assigns the units for deposit, so it might be that they hold back G units for the owners.

Take some pictures of your unit and post them if you have a few minutes. I would really like to see what the units are looking like now after the renovation. We were in a fresh unit in 200 on our last stay and it was fairly nice. Not spectacular, but comfortable and functional.

wish - have a problem with camera right now - can take pictures - but can't download to computer or anything else. the room is lovely - small but well organized. they got a lot in a small space.

the only think to me that doesn't work is the outside area balcony - the table and chairs are too big for the area.

Forgot? Forgot?!? To me this would be SCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRE!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your week Spicey!

hey I agree completely - was surprised because the front desk did not mention it - and other places (non-disney) generally do.
Definitely enjoying it!!!

BTW, I was able to check my bags with "bell services" or whatever Silver Lake called them, on my last stay there.

The location is AMAZING, you hardly have to leave the Disney bubble at all, right around the corner from Animal Kingdom Lodge.

We stayed here for a weekend so we were hardly in the rooms. We had a one bedroom through RCI exchange. We were in room 10107B. It was a bit weird having to go through two doors to get into our room but we really liked this resort. We have stayed at Bonnet Creak in the past and we like the location but the resort is huge so there are tons of people around. Also we could always find close parking. Mom has a handicap placard and at WBC there was never any close spots or HC spots.

forgot my review-

Got to the resort around 3:00pm - had to check in (okay spoiled by Disney) told my room was ready and then given a slip - and I though here it comes the big sales pitch - nothing - yes they tried to sale you something but it wasn't the resort - told them no - not any problems and they gave me a parking pass (which also had my room number on the back). It was room 7331 - it was an end room on the third floor - so nice and pretty quiet.

okay have to quit now - will return

Our group of 3 will be traveling in 2 vehicles. Will we have any problem getting two parking passes?

:thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts