Silly Question about car rental at MCO

pigletto

DIS Veteran
We have always used Magical Express so this will be our first time renting a car at MCO. Our flight gets in at Midnight so I am hoping to have the plans all ironed out well ahead of time.
Where is the Budget rental desk at MCO?
I saw a (not very good) map and it looks like it's in the same area you go to to get Magical Express. Is that correct?
I feel silly because if that is indeed where it is, I have probably passed the rental desks 10 or more times in my life and never noticed. Then again we've always been so excited to get to ME I'll use that as my excuse:rolleyes1

We get in so late that I am hoping I can go get the luggage and send my husband over to get the car while I wait. Hopefully we won't be waiting too long.

In feb, we did our first onsite trip and used DME.

Yes, the rental car desks are on that same bottom floor.

The actual car is right across the street in the parking garage.

We didn't find DME to be a timesaver at all. There wasn't a line, but we sat on the bus for quite a while waiting for it to fill up.

I have gotten luggage and the car more quickly.

We have always used Magical Express so this will be our first time renting a car at MCO. Our flight gets in at Midnight so I am hoping to have the plans all ironed out well ahead of time.
Where is the Budget rental desk at MCO?
I saw a (not very good) map and it looks like it's in the same area you go to to get Magical Express. Is that correct?
I feel silly because if that is indeed where it is, I have probably passed the rental desks 10 or more times in my life and never noticed. Then again we've always been so excited to get to ME I'll use that as my excuse:rolleyes1

We get in so late that I am hoping I can go get the luggage and send my husband over to get the car while I wait. Hopefully we won't be waiting too long.

Yes the rental desk is in the airport on the ground floor on both sides of the airport. the cars are in the garage across the street on both sides of the airport. Your husband will have to drive to the arrivals/baggage level (2) to pick you up as you cannot drive on the ground level, that is reserved for busses, taxi's, shuttles, etc.

Thank you for the responses!:)
We're looking forward to having a car this time. I don't mind the Disney buses but it will be nice to have options.

Your husband will have to drive to the arrivals/baggage level (2) to pick you up as you cannot drive on the ground level, that is reserved for busses, taxi's, shuttles, etc.

And, from experience of driving around that airport, I would NOT split up. It's going to be a lot easier to have both of you get the luggage then both of you get the rental car. Once the rental car stuff is done at the counter, you'll just go out the doors to pick it up...might as well have it be all done, without anyone having to try to find the right spot to pick the other one up.

As a pp said, I would not split up the group. If you feel that it would save time, have your husband go do the paperwork for the car but wait for you in the rental car area while you get the luggage. We always get the luggage and then go to get the car and we are usually done in about 20 min. I wouldn't take the chance of someone driving around an airport they aren't familiar with, especially at night in the dark. It is extremely easy to make a mistake at MCO - we know this from experience. Not worth the time and worry. At that time of night I don't think you will have any problem anyway.

Also, join Budgets fast break. It's free and you bypass the counter in the terminal, go right to the car area. You do have to sign in at a counter there.

My understanding of fastbreak is that I have to do my first rental with Budget and use the counter and then I can bypass the counter on subsequent rentals so I don't think I can go that route this time.
Thank you for the tips on staying together. It sounded simple in theory but I can see it would cause some issues. :)

And, from experience of driving around that airport, I would NOT split up. It's going to be a lot easier to have both of you get the luggage then both of you get the rental car. Once the rental car stuff is done at the counter, you'll just go out the doors to pick it up...might as well have it be all done, without anyone having to try to find the right spot to pick the other one up.

I completely agree. I answer the question of how to pick up my fellow travelers about 15xs a day. Trust me, there is no time savings gained by splitting up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter