Signed Pillowcases - only 2?

cbonebt

Mouseketeer
I have 3 children and am staying in veranda stateroom... We are a party of 5... Is it true that I can only request to have 2 pillowcases signed? Lol Which kid wouldn't get it then? lol Just wondering if I have a bigger room than maybe I can get 3? Anybody have any experience with this?

Character signatures on such items as pillow cases and photo mats are an "unofficial" free service provided by cast members during their off-duty (or not front-of-stage with guests) time. For this reason, it is recommended as a limit of no more than 2 per stateroom. You could ask about a 3rd, but don't be surprised if they say no. Alternatively, maybe there is something other than pillowcases that you could have signed that would be shared among your family - photo mat or other wallhanging item, totebag, etc. There have been some threads of what kinds of items people have signed.

Enjoy your cruise!

I have three children as well, and did not know that there was a limit so on our 2010 Magic cruise I dropped off 3 mats and all three were returned and signed.

I thought it was two items per stateroom with more children being the exception. So, four adults in one stateroom can only get two items signed but in your case, with three children, three items would be allowed. I'm not positive about that, though.

I thought it was two items per stateroom with more children being the exception. So, four adults in one stateroom can only get two items signed but in your case, with three children, three items would be allowed. I'm not positive about that, though.

Yes, that's what I've read, also. Limit is 2 items per room. Unless you have 3 (or more) young children in the same room. Then they will sign enough for each child to have 1 item.

I suppose it depends which ship you are on. On the Wonder, in July 2012, they allowed up to 4 items for us to be signed (1/person). On the fantasy, Jan.2013, they allowed the 2/stateroom. I had a photo mat signed the first time on the Wonder, so figured I would get the 2nd daughters this go around and brought a photo mat again. The photo mat from the Fantasy has double the signatures. (There are a ton more characters on board). Oops. The plan backfired to have them the same, but they both look beautiful.

Well my children aren't all "young", but all 3 are all under 18 and I am planning to take 3 pillowcases to be signed. We too have a stateroom that holds 5 people. I can't see them denying 1 of the 3 kids a signed pillow case. I don't know that my oldest even cares, but I thought it would be nice for them each to have one to keep and use at our camper.

Well my children aren't all "young", but all 3 are all under 18 and I am planning to take 3 pillowcases to be signed. We too have a stateroom that holds 5 people. I can't see them denying 1 of the 3 kids a signed pillow case. I don't know that my oldest even cares, but I thought it would be nice for them each to have one to keep and use at our camper.

DCL considers anyone under 18 to be a child. If they can't get in to Palo or the adult pool, then they deserve to take advantage of whatever perks remain for them as a child on the ship... even if they are 17. ;)

I agree. I am sure Disney would not deny a child having something signed simply because they are from a family of 3.

Thanks everyone! I will try the three then! So excited! Love this board... Only my 9 year old know we are going!

On my Facebook group one person has an email from Disney stating that each person in a room may have one thing signed.

We were on the Magic last spring: in a family Veranda room. 3 children, 1 pillowcase per, no problem. Guest services didn't bat an eyelash :)

On my Facebook group one person has an email from Disney stating that each person in a room may have one thing signed.

Unfortunately, if the email is from the DCL land-based operations, they (in many cases) do not know how things work onboard the ships.

In fact, many of the people who answer the phones/emails on the DCL site, have not even been on any cruise, much less Disney.

I had 2 bags and 2 photo mats signed (family of 4) via guest services.
I think it's one item per person.

The characters will also sign as you see them individually, the caveat is you have to carry that extra item around with you.

First time cruiser here

More info on this signing business:where do I drop off the item to be signed? Besides pillowcases and picture mats, what else?
Thx for any info.

First time cruiser here

More info on this signing business:where do I drop off the item to be signed? Besides pillowcases and picture mats, what else?
Thx for any info.

Turn them in at Guest Services. I've read where people have vinylmations, wooden initials, tshirts signed.

Last week in the Magic I was told the limit was 4 items. I got a mat and 2 pillow cases.

I am starting to realize I am going to need more luggage for all these items.
I bet they sell luggage on board...

Last week on the Dream I was told there was a 2-item limit per cabin when I tried to get 2 t-shirts and 2 pillowcases signed. I only have two kids though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter