• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Signature Drink?

crystalllize

Mouseketeer
How many of you had a signature drink at your reception? How do they go about creating it for you? I love the idea of having one, but I'm worried it's going to be super expensive and jack up our BOC bill.

Any thoughts?

We had 2 signature drinks. They were added VERY last minute (like 5 days before the wedding). I came up with a name and had a theme in mind. I asked Disney for a vodka martini that was blue with a strawberry garnish and a red cocktail with blueberry garnish. The name was "Jim and Kelly's Very Berry Just Got Married" Cocktails and the colors had to be red and blue (Buffalo Bills colors) b/c my husband and I together make a HOF QB, Jim Kelly, of my favorite football team. ;)

My WP's asst. got in touch with Chef Dennis and they came up w/ 2 cocktails that would go with our menu. We ended up with a martini of Grey Goose Pear, blue curacao, and white cranberry juice and a rum cocktail of 10 cane rum, organic mango juice, triple sec, and a splash of grenadine. I didn't try either of them, but have since recreated the vodka one and OMG it was so good! Disney hit the mark!

So, I'm sure you could ask them for a specific drink or have them make one up for you. There also is a list in the packet with the bar packages that lists common cocktails for specialty drinks. HTH! :goodvibes

120682-0596.jpg

120682-0593.jpg

We had the Raspberry Rain off the menu in Citricos. I wanted a pink signature drink and asked about it and asked about it. A few days before the wedding I was told I we had two options both from the Citricos menu. I forget why we picked Raspberry Rain but we did. I thought it was ok. I would not have exactly called it pink but it worked. I don't think it was a huge hit. We went through a case of water, 2 cases of beer, 9 bottles of wine and only 8 Raspberry Rains... So no in the end it did not affect our BOC bill too much.

We had the Italian Margarita from Epcot. I had it last time I was in WDW, and loved it, and thought it went well with our Italian themed dinner. Everyone enjoyed it, although it wasn't exactly the same as the original one.

We had Kungaloosh from the Adventurer's Club (we had wanted to do something there, but alas, could not). They did a non-alcohol version of it as well, since many of our guests didn't drink.

Hello!

As an event planner I always try and steer my brides to incorporate a signature cocktail into the reception. With just a few guidelines to make it "you"

1. Have them do a take off or replicate YOUR favorite drink. You should love everything that goes out, you can even do his and her drinks - even if it's beer guests will laugh and love getting to know you more.

2. If you have a specific color throughout your wedding, such as pink, have the drink a varied shade of that. One more way to add color, and not alot of money.

3. To save money, have the waitstaff pass the signature cocktails instead of setting them out (as it looks like from the pictures). It really shouldn't push your pricing up too much.

Have lots of fun, and make sure you have lots tastings :)

We really wanted to have Grand Marnier Slushies at our DP, so I asked Tanis if it could be done and though it hadn't been done before so she didn't know at first, it turned out that we could get 'em! :cool1:

Tanis suggested we make up our own name for it to make it our signature drink and we did! "Delaney's Delight"! (My new name!):lovestruc

I was really glad we added it. It was a per person charge extra and it probably wasn't worth it in the end, but we really wanted it and figured if some peeps had two, it would end up all coming out even if some peeps had none! I think it was like $13 pp. I think we actually edited our DP menu so we could budget in the Slushies! :)

Thank you for the information on the slushies. I want to have the Grey Goose slushies for my DP and now I know I can! I assume they had them in the slushie machine? DF loves the Carlsberg beer from Denmark so that can be his signature drink.......:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter