Signature Dining for families

Disneyfreak616

DIS Veteran
We are going in July and are already planning to do Brown Derby, as it is a family favorite. We have a general idea of what our other ADRs will be as well. We want to do another Signature Dining restaurant, but don't know which ones are more family-friendly. We don't want to feel awkward in a romantic setting.

All signature restaurants are kid friendly except Victoria's and Alberts. V&A do not allow children under 10 or 11 in the place.

But all others you should be fine. Many families take their children to dine with them. The only thing is unwanted behavior causes more of a seen in signature places than others, that is the only thing that "could" make you uneasy. Other than that you are good to go, don't feel awkward you will see children there. :)

I agree with the PP, all of the Signatures are family friendly except for V&A. If they weren't family family, then they wouldn't have kids menus at these places. We are a family of 4 with 2 kids ages 9 and 7 and my kids love going to the Signature restaurants as much as the buffets or character meals. Their most favorite places to go to are Artist Point and California Grill. When we are there in May we are going to be dining at Cali Grill, Narcoossee's, and Yachtsman's Steakhouse for signature status, but we also have Le Cellier, Teppan Edo, Via Napoli, and a few other places....plus of course we have many character meals too. We like to balance it out so the kids are happy and so are mom and dad.

As previous posters noted, with the exception of Victoria & Albert's- all of the signatures have kid menus and cater to adults and children. Some also say that Brown Derby feels a bit more kid friendly since it's in DHS. On a super positive note- I know of someone who just got back and went to the Brown Derby last week. According to them, the new chef has really restored the food quality there to signature level.

I know some people who travel w/o kids or are looking for a kid free night seek out the signatures hoping for child free zones, and while there are likely to be fewer kids- it is Disney World! We're taking our girls to Citrico's on this trip - and I can't wait for them to do the build your own sundae for dessert.

We eat at signatures most nights of our vacation and have never felt awkward with our kids at any of them (I am talking about restaurants considered signatures on the dining plan here ... never taken them all together to Bistro de Paris, V&A's or the S/D restaurants - though my oldest did enjoy bluezoo once).

None of them are a particularly romantic setting (at least not the ones that are on the dining plan).

we did narcoossee's, citricos, and california grill with the youngest in our party age 4 1/2 at the time with absolutely no problem. with california grill my only thing to put out there is that when we were there it was a more slow relaxed type of dinner and if your kids aren't the type to sit through a meal like that then i'd leave it off the list.

We ate at Artist Point and were definitely not the only family to do so..our kids were really catered to and we definitely did not feel out of place. So relax, and enjoy and eat wherever you want :)

Yay for Brown Derby! That's my favorite WDW restaurant and we always feel our children are welcome. As for other signature dining, I'd highly recommend California Grill. We make ADRs for 5:30 or 6pm and feel entirely comfortable. We love the menu, our children all love the views and our pickiest eater thinks they serve the best mac and cheese at Disney. Our boys rank California Grill their second favorite restaurant at WDW - right behind Garden Grill (can't compete with Mickey!) We also like the opportunity to return for the fireworks, even if you aren't dining during fireworks. Good luck with your decision! :wizard:

Thank you all for your advice! :) I think I will either go with Citricos, Narcoossee's, Le Cellier or California Grill, as well as Brown Derby. Which one should i choose???

Toss up between Citricos and California Grill. Citricos is probably a better restaurant, but CG does have that nice view...

What's the menu like at Citricos as compared with Cali Grill? I think i've narrowed it down to those two, because I'd love some good food but I'd also like to get a ressie during Wishes if I went with CG. If not, I'd do Citricos and then Wishes later on.

Not sure if its a signature or not as we are always OOP, but don't forget about Coral Reef.

Kid Friendly Signature Dinners... DS4 last year (now DS5) was pretty easy going at our dinners. During our meals, we talked about our day and looked at photos on our camera.

I thought these restaurants were kid-friendly for him because there was something else to do, look at, etc.... It's nice if there is something to do to take a break from the table in between courses.

California Grill -- walked outside on the deck to look at the sunset and views of our resort, and of Magic Kingdom from up so high.

Citricos -- the most quiet and most fancy of all the restaurants... but it's in the Grand Floridian lobby and just a few steps from the orchestra that plays there and to overlook the whole lobby.

Narcoossees -- water views and nice to walk out on the outside deck that circles part of the restaurant.

Jiko - not really much for DS here. I'd say this was the least "child friendly". Although our waitress was great It was child friendly, but this and Citricos were probably the most quiet or romantic atmosphere.

NEXT TRIP in 10 DAYS!
California Grill
Narcoosees
Artist Point
Flying Fish
Brown Derby

We will be going there as well!

Our current ADR picks are:
- Capn' Jack's in DTD (arrival night)
- Coral Reef
- Tutto Italia (or maybe Nine Dragons)
- The Hollywood Brown Derby (possibly Dine with an Imagineer??)
- Cali Grill or Citricos
- T-Rex Cafe in DTD (lunch on departure day)

So I really only need to run these by everyone and finalize my decisions...but it's just so hard! :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter