Sign-out Priviliges -- Mandatory or not?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by dee47, Jul 23, 2006.

1. dee47

dee47 <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

I'm sure it's discussed somewhere, and I just can't find it. My DS is 10, but not mature enough for me to trust him with sign-out priviliges at the club. Do I have a choice? I believe it used to be universal at 10, but I'm hoping the parents have some say now.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

Here is an explaination that I received from a CM who worked in the lab.

4. dee47

dee47 <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

:worship: :worship:

5. thegales

thegales Mouseketeer<br><font color="purple">Says he is hap

Parents definitely have a say.

We started out with both DD's (8 and 10) not having sign out priviledges. No issues at all with DD8.

But each night, Ocean Quest had time for 10 - 14 year olds, which was not part of Oceanear Lab. So when DD10 went to that, there was no control over sign out. I would go down at midnight to get her. If she wanted to leave earlier, she must have me paged. This worked out fine (and showed that she did have the responsibility).

The one negative about not having sign out priviledges, is that the child is not supposed to sign themselves in either. There was one night DD10 wanted to go to the club activity, and went down on her own. We got a page reminding us that we were supposed to check her in.

On the sea day prior to Castaway Cay, we allowed sign out for both DD's. This worked out very well, as after the DCU Graduation, DW and I went back to the cabin to get ready for dinner. DD's checked themselves out (and were able to avoid the lines of all the parents checking their children out) and met us at the cabin. We actually made it to 5:45 dinner on time.

You make the decision that is comfortable for you.

6. TheDisneyTraveler06

TheDisneyTraveler06 <font color=deeppink><b>I</b> am seriously <font c

Yep, you can choose yourself. :)