Shuttle from Universal Hotels?

webcreatrix

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking of taking my son to Sea World and Discovery Cove while DH and my older daughter visit the Universal Parks. We'll have one or two nights at a Universal Hotel. We'll have a car, also, but I'm wondering if there is a shuttle given the alcohol that's available at Discovery Cove. No way I'd drink and drive with the kid and in a rental car, but I would want to get my money's worth in a full day there. :)

I'm thinking of taking my son to Sea World and Discovery Cove while DH and my older daughter visit the Universal Parks. We'll have one or two nights at a Universal Hotel. We'll have a car, also, but I'm wondering if there is a shuttle given the alcohol that's available at Discovery Cove. No way I'd drink and drive with the kid and in a rental car, but I would want to get my money's worth in a full day there. :)

Last year we stayed at the Royal Pacific. They told me that each Universal Hotel have their own drivers that will take you anywhere you want to go. I think the cost was $25-$30 round trip and all you had to do is call your driver ahead of time and they will come pick you up. Our driver knew when DC closed and was already there.

The next day we did Sea World and Aquatica since it was free and I just sent him a text when we were done with Aquatica and changing clothes. He was there in 10 minutes.

Btw Discovery Cove was our favorite part of the trip.

Awesome! Thank you for the info! My son will be 10 and loves animals and I was just at Universal last October, so I'm looking forward to Discovery Cove while Dad and DD13 do the Universal parks!

We are going down next week 8/20-8/27. Is there a way to find out the times the shuttles run? Is it more like a morning & night bus or do they run throughout the day? I can't find a direct number for Cabana Bay. And the 800 number people don't know the times. There are 6 of us so I don't want to take a taxi if I can avoid it.

I found an image on another site (can't link) dated 3.16.14 - looked like the first shuttle to Seaworld left at 8AM and the last one back was at 6:45PM. Not sure if that changes based upon park hours, but it's a start. Also, the following was posted below the image:
IMPORTANT: The Super Star Shuttle does not pick up Cabana Bay guests at Cabana Bay Beach Resort. Instead, guests need to first take the hotel shuttle to the general guest drop-off area near Universal’s parking garages just as if they were going to the theme parks. At the drop-off area, guests will then need to find the Super Star Shuttle and take it from there to SeaWorld, Aquatica, or Wet ‘n Wild. Be sure you include both legs of the trip when figuring out your timing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter